Petition to sack Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

for **** sake, there's 4-5 assistant coaches at every club. Something like 9 out of the last 10 premiership coaches were coaching at their first club. The fact that no coach every has been given this long with out making the GF says that anyone is a better alternative.

But how the **** do we know with out trying. What we have now is broken, so a stupid comment like "show me an alternative" is head in the sand stuff.

Show me that Scott is better than Francou? Show me that Scott is better than any other current AFL coach. Explain to me why Scott should keep his job.
Adelaide’s 2018 forward line.

for **** sake, there's 4-5 assistant coaches at every club. Something like 9 out of the last 10 premiership coaches were coaching at their first club. The fact that no coach every has been given this long with out making the GF says that anyone is a better alternative.

But how the **** do we know with out trying. What we have now is broken, so a stupid comment like "show me an alternative" is head in the sand stuff.

Show me that Scott is better than Francou? Show me that Scott is better than any other current AFL coach. Explain to me why Scott should keep his job.

Eagles have 10 Coaches + Simpsons

He said as much on radio yesterday that he does very little in terms of 1-1 with players...it’s all those 10

The only thing missing is the link to the chairman.

You've done one, but I was actually thinking that this should be snail mail cos an actual letter is worth shitloads of emails from different people. in terms of influencing the people you're sending it too.

SENT:

11:15 AM (0 minutes ago)

to info
Mr Ben Buckley

Chairman NMFC

Dear Mr Buckley.

My name is XXXX XXXXXX

I have been a member in this phase for XX straight years, and at other times throughout my life, and I have been a supporter for all of my past XX years. I have been a past player sponsor and have also bought memberships for several other friends and members of my family. My family has supported the club for 5 generations going back until the pre- VFL/AFL era, and a now deceased member of my family played for the club.

I am writing to express my concern for the direction our football club is currently undertaking. I am gravely concerned about our future and I have a strong impression of an administration that has become detached from the traditional core values of our club, that are embraced by our supporter group.

I am far from alone in my concerns as I know of several other life long North supporters that have had enough of the endless cycle of empty rhetoric that emits from what has become a concrete lined echo chamber down at Arden Street, and are telling me that their commitment to the club is waning.
The coaches preparation of the side has been deplorable and his press conferences are bordering on insulting the intelligence of the membership.I am also sick to death of highly talented young players entering our club with a breathtaking skill set, only to see it coached out of them by a delusional overtly defensive negative game plan that reverts them in to stuttering robots with no natural sense of flair, and completely devoid of confidence.

I call on you now to ACT and show the leadership for which you were recruited in order to change the course of the NMFC, from one that is treading water and slowly dying in the process, to the club I fought for when I stood on the steps of the Dallas Brooks Hall with thousands of other North supporters in 2007.

The membership department has also been an unmitigated disaster this season and I will not be renewing any memberships until I see change. This isn't my preferred choice by a long way, but I feel it's the only recourse available to North supporters in the wake of an administration that has become completely detached from the membership, and is willing to accept mediocrity whilst it focuses on filling up the cupboards at Arden Street with community awards, and other such trivialities.

Mr Buckley:

WE NEED TO GET RUTHLESS AGAIN!

WE NEED FOOTBALL PEOPLE BACK IN CHARGE!

As always, the required ruthlessness and single minded determination starts at the top with the administration and in particular, you, and accepting anything less would be a betrayal of your position.

Please, no more empty rhetoric and "stay the course" type responses. The current course is headed for an iceberg.

Yours very sincerely

XXXX XXXXXX

Member number XXXXX

Last edited:
Whoever wrote this will get the special help they need once their NAPLAN results come through.

Its not real great. I don't agree with half the stuff he's written - its like worst cliches in a BBB thread - but after that press conference i'm a bit stunned. I didn't even watch it till i read what he said here...

... and ffs.

If he doesn't take responsibility the players won't.

Eagles have 10 Coaches + Simpsons

He said as much on radio yesterday that he does very little in terms of 1-1 with players...it’s all those 10
that would probably include a ruck coach, a fitness coach, a development coach and someone associated with the WAFL side. They have 5 assistant coaches, including Danial Pratt!

SENT:

11:15 AM (0 minutes ago)

to info
Mr Ben Buckley

Chairman NMFC

Dear Mr Buckley.

My name is XXXX XXXXXX

I have been a member in this phase for XX straight years, and at other times throughout my life, and I have been a supporter for all of my past XX years. I have been a past player sponsor and have also bought memberships for several other friends and members of my family. My family has supported the club for 5 generations going back until the pre- VFL/AFL era, and a now deceased member of my family played for the club.

I am writing to express my concern for the direction our football club is currently undertaking. I am gravely concerned about our future and I have a strong impression of an administration that has become detached from the traditional core values of our club, that are embraced by our supporter group.

I am far from alone in my concerns as I know of several other life long North supporters that have had enough of the endless cycle empty rhetoric that emits from what has become a concrete lined echo chamber down at Arden Street, and are telling me that their commitment to the club is waning.
The coaches preparation of the side has been deplorable and his press conferences are bordering on insulting the intelligence of the membership.I am also sick to death of highly talented young players entering our club with a breathtaking skill set, only to see it coached out of them by a delusional overtly defensive negative game plan that reverts them in to stuttering robots with no natural sense of flair, and completely devoid of confidence.

I call on you now to ACT and show the leadership for which you were recruited in order to change the course of the NMFC, from one that is treading water and slowly dying in the process, to the club I fought for when I stood on the steps of the Dallas Brooks Hall with thousands of other North supporters in 2007.

The membership department has also been an unmitigated disaster this season and I will not be renewing any memberships until I see change. This isn't my preferred choice by a long way, but I feel it's the only recourse available to North supporters in the wake of an administration that has become completely detached from the membership, and is willing to accept mediocrity whilst it focuses on filling up the cupboards at Arden Street with community awards, and other such trivialities.

Mr Buckley:

WE NEED TO GET RUTHLESS AGAIN!

WE NEED FOOTBALL PEOPLE BACK IN CHARGE!

As always, the required ruthlessness and single minded determination starts at the top with the administration and in particular, you, and accepting anything less would be a betrayal of your position.

Please, no more empty rhetoric and "stay the course" type responses. The current course is headed for an iceberg.

Yours very sincerely

XXXX XXXXXX

Member number XXXXX
why not send it directly to ben.buckley@nmfc.com.au? At least that way his PA will see it. It's her we need to smash, as she'll then go straight to him.

'head in the sand' is blindly sacking your coach and praying to the footy gods that the next one is better.

No one even knows if there's a better one available at the moment. Doing some research and seeking a better alternative is only common sense.

'head in the sand' is blindly sacking your coach and praying to the footy gods that the next one is better.

No one even knows if there's a better one available at the moment. Doing some research and seeking a better alternative is only common sense.

Sack him now and replace him with an assistant in order to reinvigorate the players and plan towards next year whilst we search for the replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please provide me with some realistic alternatives so I can consider signing.
  • Who are the alternative Level 4 coaches ready to go?
  • Can they talk in front of the media or is he/she going to be embarrassing like Worsfold, Bolton etc?
  • Can we afford a payout or will it put us further in debt?
  • Are we considering existing North coaches? What have the current Forward, Midfield and Defensive coaches done to prepare our players for 6-6-6?

There were probably similar questions asked before Hawthorn axed Peter Schwabs.

We are 17th.

I just told a bully at his sons school to beat young scott's up and steal his lunch money every day until his dad resigns from North. I've also told the bully that I'll be beating him up and stealing both lunch money's every day until Brad Scott resigns. This motivates the bully to bully harder. I'm not proud of beating up a kid but 1) I'm a doer 2) Bullies should be punished 3) I'm using the money to buy North merchandise so it's actually helping the club.

tenor.gif

Don't sign the petition, write out my letter and send that. Its not s**t, its not asking for the coach to be sacked and its not pretending to have any answers.

Its simply saying we need to look and work harder to find them.

Sorry but printing and signing a form letter is not going to have any effect. I appreciate your effort and your earnestness, but Dilena and Buckley are not going to respond to the exact same letter 100x over signed by people like Mr Snrub. The effectiveness of snail mail is in the unique effort, thoughtful consideration and the time that individuals take in writing their own letter. Form letters are no more effective than a petition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back