Autopsy Round 3, 2019: Fremantle v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be in Footscray seconds next year? Fine means we get overs as he is contracted until end of 2020.

Also wasn't Billings off to Essendon because he was dropped to Sandy. Hated Mr Beige but apparently loves him now as he would easily be leading Saints b&f.

Coffield can step up or step off. Like every single other player.

Hell according to one poster on here, we were meant to lose a number of players wanting out unless Richo was sacked.

Waited to hear when Billings Gresh Steven and Steele all asked for a trade and to see Richo sacked. Was told it was going to happen. I'm still waiting though.

Will be in Footscray seconds next year? Fine means we get overs as he is contracted until end of 2020.

Also wasn't Billings off to Essendon because he was dropped to Sandy. Hated Mr Beige but apparently loves him now as he would easily be leading Saints b&f.

Coffield can step up or step off. Like every single other player.

On his current form a pick in the late 20s would be overs. Billings is not committing to the club still. I would guess he will assess his options at the end of this year.

On his current form a pick in the late 20s would be overs. Billings is not committing to the club still. I would guess he will assess his options at the end of this year.
Why is he leaving and going to the dogs ? Haven't heard of this before

It's been reported he doesn't want to leave but is waiting until midseason to discuss contracts with the hope he has hit good enough form for a big payday.

So he was that badly out coached that we got within a goal at their home ground after kicking very poorly for goal. The last time freo played there they won by 80. Strange we could get so close with such poor coaching. Or is the truth you are that biased against him you would know if he coached poorly or not. Just out of interest what were the poor tactics apart from him telling the players to miss shots at goal

Coaches do make errors even in games that are close & when other influences such abysmal kicking at goal effect the result.

IMO letting Walters and then Mundy run rampant was the most glaring issue.

We’re possibly seeing an outcome of the limited role of runners now (and probably where we’re a bit light on leadership wise in the midfield at present).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So...

We generated more scoring shots, lost by a goal and had we kicked straighter with our more scoring shots we would have won?

And yet we were outplayed, out coached, out maneuvered, and lost because Coff is struggling in the 2nds.

Had nothing to do with inaccurate kicking.

Here's me thinking I actually had half a clue about AFL.

Fmd.

Coaches do make errors even in games that are close & when other influences such abysmal kicking at goal effect the result.

We’re possibly seeing an outcome of the limited role of runners now (and probably where we’re a bit light on leadership wise in the midfield at present).

Of course they make mistakes but sometimes what we think is a coaching mistake may be a player mistake. My point though is when we lose it’s all richos fault but when we win it’s the good work of the players or rats and lade

So...

We generated more scoring shots, lost by a goal and had we kicked straighter with our more scoring shots we would have won?

And yet we were outplayed, out coached, out maneuvered, and lost because Coff is struggling in the 2nds.

Had nothing to do with inaccurate kicking.

Here's me thinking I actually had half a clue about AFL.

Fmd.
A loss is a loss. We were the better team yet played dumb footy. It should never have been this close. It's OK to want to be better

Of course they make mistakes but sometimes what we think is a coaching mistake may be a player mistake. My point though is when we lose it’s all richos fault but when we win it’s the good work of the players or rats and lade

I think most people (with a few notable exceptions) are extracting the urine when they praise Ratts & then bag Cho.

Cho made his bed with his performances last year IMO. It’ll take a bit to win back the support that he had from most but I’m certainly hoping that he does as It’ll mean we’re going very well.

That’s also the point I’m making... player errors happen but when they happen again & again & we can’t rectify them via a message from the coach, they need senior leaders to make onfield decisions.

In the days of Lenny, Roo & co we had blokes who could make the right call. I don’t think we have anyone capable of doing that at present & that’s why the recruitment of Hanners will be a godsend when he gets on the park.

Jimmy always makes the right call and no one can say anything bad about my Jimmy.

Anyone have some Saints faves that can do no wrong? Jimmy would be one of mine😀

I think most people (with a few notable exceptions) are extracting the urine when they praise Ratts & then bag Cho.

Cho made his bed with his performances last year IMO. It’ll take a bit to win back the support that he had from most but I’m certainly hoping that he does as It’ll mean we’re going very well.

That’s also the point I’m making... player errors happen but when they happen again & again & we can’t rectify them via a message from the coach, they need senior leaders to make onfield decisions.

In the days of Lenny, Roo & co we had blokes who could make the right call. I don’t think we have anyone capable of doing that at present & that’s why the recruitment of Hanners will be a godsend when he gets on the park.

Nah, Ratts is a god and Chobag is a lemon. They tell him his office is the broom cupboard and keep him locked in there until training is over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimmy always makes the right call and no one can say anything bad about my Jimmy.

Anyone have some Saints faves that can do no wrong? Jimmy would be one of mine😀

The one guy I trust is Wilkie. Hardly makes a * up ever. Gresham in a tight match is an elite decision maker just on instinct.

Ok I've thought about it.
Didn't you just blame the poor conversion? And now you're saying we were outmanouvered? It can't be both, so which is it?
Both. Poor conversion and outmanouevered. They are not mutua
Ok I've thought about it.
Didn't you just blame the poor conversion? And now you're saying we were outmanouvered? It can't be both, so which is it?

Both. Why are they mutually exclusive? They're not. We got beaten that way a number of times last year. I doubt it will happen as often this year.

A loss is a loss. We were the better team yet played dumb footy. It should never have been this close. It's OK to want to be better
Yes, of course it is, but you were mentioning player execution in the above quote.
Many were soley blaming the coach

Correct.

Name me one person on here that doesn't want to be better?

We are 3 A grade mids short of being serious. Until such time, we won't perform like a top 4 team.

Have no doubt that this game was played on their terms, just as much as last weeks game was played on ours!
In todays footy you have to be adaptable to different teams and not always have a set defensive mindset!
We had a real opportunity to expose Freo's defence and fwds yesterday! We did well on their forwards after qtr time
But a combination of our delivery inside 50 and our forwards themselves having a very ordinary day, probably because they have the
Mindset of defenders every week contributed to our downfall!

So in short we were outcoached yesterday or you could argue given Lyon's predictable game plan we outcoached ourselves
By going with exactly the same as last week!
Praised the coaching staff last week cause i thought for once we dictated to oppo on how the game would be played!
Yesterday we just fell for the old trick of thinking more of the same please will do the trick! When in fact against Freo you need to release
the shackles! Just my opinion!

We don’t need another tall forward. We haven’t got one anyway and if anyone suggests moving Marshall forward then they don’t realise the value in the ruck. Doubt there are many if any changes next week. Jack May still not available. Hopefully he is because we win with him yesterday even though some thought it didn’t matter he was missing.

Yeah, I don't like Marshall up forward either, and other than Paddy, know that we have no talls to throw in there. It kind of screws our long bomb plan though by only having Bruce up there. I guess our entries are going to have to become a hell of a lot cleaner - particularly for games like we just had - to be won. Agree re Stuv. Missed him massively.

On the contrary i think we're one of the teams benefiting from lack of runners.

We've looked 'overcoached'/micromanaged for several years leading to a total stifling of creativity and flair.

Sure the coaching staff have been preaching more 'playing on instinct' in preseason.... but i think the lack of runners is really helping us make that a reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back