Coach Fremantle: where to now after Lyon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
33f55b7fae0f5c7d55b88f027068a54c.jpg

Poor Belly. Seems a smart enough operator, just wants to do right by his club, now finds himself back in the mire.

If Belly is as good of an operator as I think he is then he'll know what to do.

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I disagree the suns are the worst team in the League. I doubt they will get the spoon., Neither will freo.
Agreed, Suns have been competitive in both their games, deserve to be at least 1-1.

Only North, Essendon and Melbourne have been notably bad in both their games so far. North should be favourites for the spoon.

caspian

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I doubt freo will get the spoon, but despite winning and all that, i'm not sure GC showed that much today either. They tried hard, I'll definitely give them that, but a fairly painful lack of skill on show.

It's dependent on how Carlton go I guess, hard to predict, the fight for 17th place depends mostly on who stumbles across the line the most. Guess GC now have the head start!

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I doubt freo will get the spoon, but despite winning and all that, i'm not sure GC showed that much today either. They tried hard, I'll definitely give them that, but a fairly painful lack of skill on show.

It's dependent on how Carlton go I guess, hard to predict, the fight for 17th place depends mostly on who stumbles across the line the most. Guess GC now have the head start!
Fair enough ,

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
The Eagles board has already gone into meltdown after last night so rest assured that a big loss today will see this thread bumped by the 'told you so' brigade.

The hype after poor Round 1 results is as inevitable as night following day.
I assumed you are talking about the eagles vs Brisbane game at the Gabba? Looking at it now, its a loss. But after Brisbane Beating North and Now Port, I don't think eagles round 1 loss vs Brisbane isn't too bad

wal

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
EFFC
I still reckon he’ll play - will be named for sure and given every chance - more likely he plays than doesn’t play.
You cannot be serious. Has he even returned from la la land yet?
No way he plays 6 days after that.

wal

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
EFFC
Trust me I’d rather he didn’t! Haha

Just a gut feel - I reckon he’ll get up.

Was a sickening head clash though, no doubt.
Didn't there used to be a rule if you got concussed you automatically miss the next game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Big test for us this week, performance against West Coast will show us where we're really at. Obviously hoping for a win but I'm not counting on it

In all seriousness, if he plays, there will be serious question marks for the medicos.

He will not play this weekend.

Should already be questions over letting the bloke walk off

I can understand Fyfe trying to push through and show leadership by getting up. But bugger me - that was one of the worst knockouts I've seen in a while

Lad should have been stretchered.

Concussion is a strange one though - he might get up and meet all the tests. But logic would suggest something that bad and he gets at least a week off

Just hope that is all it is

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Surely even if he said he was right to go you'd give him a week. He was already out cold before the back of his head slammed into the ground.
Actually, I would give him 2 weeks. Derby is this week, Next game is GWS away. Next game Is dogs at home. Don't see freo beating the eagles or GWS.

If its that bad, don't let him play the derby. Let him play half a game at peel.

Head injuries should be taken seriously.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
20m mark of the 2nd quarter sums up Lyon's coaching.

Freo get the turnover at half back and open up the entire field with a nice kick in the corridor - Hogan gets it and is free in the fwd half in a huge paddock but there is absolutely nobody ahead of him for him to kick it to.

No score.

Back to another scrap on the wing.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Should already be questions over letting the bloke walk off

I can understand Fyfe trying to push through and show leadership by getting up. But bugger me - that was one of the worst knockouts I've seen in a while

Lad should have been stretchered.

Concussion is a strange one though - he might get up and meet all the tests. But logic would suggest something that bad and he gets at least a week off

Just hope that is all it is

I’ve had a number of discussions on this issue today, and there is really no simple right or wrong.

With some players in the similar situation, they are compliant and the doctors get them on the stretcher and remove them to the rooms. With some players, even though they are “not with it”, they fight the helpers. Remember these players are big boys, and all the helpers wanted to do was get the player off the arena. If the player was going to be hard to put on a stretcher, get him off in the safest manner for all involved.

The people aiding Fyfe on the spot, made a value judgement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back