Petition to sack Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry but printing and signing a form letter is not going to have any effect. I appreciate your effort and your earnestness, but Dilena and Buckley are not going to respond to the exact same letter 100x over signed by people like Mr Snrub. The effectiveness of snail mail is in the unique effort, thoughtful consideration and the time that individuals take in writing their own letter. Form letters are no more effective than a petition.

That's a good point - hence the words "write out". IE With a pen.

No one ever copies anything 100% accurately.

Arocca would make a brilliant Chairman.
Didn't he get squeezed out by the McDonalds?

I recall an ill-fated political maneuver playing out over the radio at the time, and then bam, Arocca was gone.

The word on the street was that Arocca wanted to lessen the power of the (old) boys club, and he was soon sent packing.

Would the club be better off today with Euge still running the show (and no McDonald running around in the back pocket)?

Or are we all glad that Ben 'I <3 Tassie' Buckley is the main man now?

Form letters don't work, they indicate a lack of effort and individual thought and are generally ignored. Same with change.org 'petitions' that require nothing more than the click of a button. Look how far old mate with the red bandana's 220,000 'signatures' got him. 😂

If people truly want to have an effect on the mindset of the people who count they should take the time to put their own thoughts in writing.

Form letters don't work, they indicate a lack of effort and individual thought and are generally ignored. Same with change.org 'petitions' that require nothing more than the click of a button. Look how far old mate with the red bandana's 220,000 'signatures' got him. 😂

If people truly want to have an effect on the mindset of the people who count they should take the time to put their own thoughts in writing.

Couldn’t agree more.

SENT:

11:15 AM (0 minutes ago)

to info
Mr Ben Buckley

Chairman NMFC

Dear Mr Buckley.

My name is XXXX XXXXXX

I have been a member in this phase for XX straight years, and at other times throughout my life, and I have been a supporter for all of my past XX years. I have been a past player sponsor and have also bought memberships for several other friends and members of my family. My family has supported the club for 5 generations going back until the pre- VFL/AFL era, and a now deceased member of my family played for the club.

I am writing to express my concern for the direction our football club is currently undertaking. I am gravely concerned about our future and I have a strong impression of an administration that has become detached from the traditional core values of our club, that are embraced by our supporter group.

I am far from alone in my concerns as I know of several other life long North supporters that have had enough of the endless cycle of empty rhetoric that emits from what has become a concrete lined echo chamber down at Arden Street, and are telling me that their commitment to the club is waning.
The coaches preparation of the side has been deplorable and his press conferences are bordering on insulting the intelligence of the membership.I am also sick to death of highly talented young players entering our club with a breathtaking skill set, only to see it coached out of them by a delusional overtly defensive negative game plan that reverts them in to stuttering robots with no natural sense of flair, and completely devoid of confidence.

I call on you now to ACT and show the leadership for which you were recruited in order to change the course of the NMFC, from one that is treading water and slowly dying in the process, to the club I fought for when I stood on the steps of the Dallas Brooks Hall with thousands of other North supporters in 2007.

The membership department has also been an unmitigated disaster this season and I will not be renewing any memberships until I see change. This isn't my preferred choice by a long way, but I feel it's the only recourse available to North supporters in the wake of an administration that has become completely detached from the membership, and is willing to accept mediocrity whilst it focuses on filling up the cupboards at Arden Street with community awards, and other such trivialities.

Mr Buckley:

WE NEED TO GET RUTHLESS AGAIN!

WE NEED FOOTBALL PEOPLE BACK IN CHARGE!

As always, the required ruthlessness and single minded determination starts at the top with the administration and in particular, you, and accepting anything less would be a betrayal of your position.

Please, no more empty rhetoric and "stay the course" type responses. The current course is headed for an iceberg.

Yours very sincerely

XXXX XXXXXX
Member number XXXXX
Don’t always agree with you’ve got to say Snake but this is bloody well written mate. Think I’ll pen my thoughts as well. Perhaps it’ll work perhaps it won’t but when the people paying the bills speak I’m hoping they listen.

Please provide me with some realistic alternatives so I can consider signing.
  • Who are the alternative Level 4 coaches ready to go?
  • Can they talk in front of the media or is he/she going to be embarrassing like Worsfold, Bolton etc?
  • Can we afford a payout or will it put us further in debt?
  • Are we considering existing North coaches? What have the current Forward, Midfield and Defensive coaches done to prepare our players for 6-6-6?

Sticking with Scott will cost us more in revenue next year than any payout required.

Membership will drop 10% next year minimum. Not to mention sponsors, corporate dollars and every game at a 4.40 Sunday welcome to irrelevance time slot.

I’ve already sent email to club advising they will lose my 6 memberships next year if no action Is taken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sack him now and replace him with an assistant in order to reinvigorate the players and plan towards next year whilst we search for the replacement.

If Scott was an honourable man he’d quit.

He has crapped on for 10 years about he/we are just custodians of this great footy club.

Unfortunately I believe he will want his contract paid out in full and even worse he is stubborn and stick around until given the ass.

I would suggest that anyone with the automatic renewal of membership, you cancel it as soon as possible and don’t renew next year unless Scott is gone.
It is the only way to get the attention of the club.

"It's sackening" gif on standby.
Please no.. those bloody gifs are the kiss of death.

If we do one with Scotts sackening he will be offered a 3 yr extension- guaranteed..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wrote a letter once to Greg Miller in 96 about the merge and how it was broken on the Footy Show ahead of the Members and it’s duplicity. To his credit he wrote back.

Both were written, in pen.
Greg Miller always returned my phone calls. I'd love being called out of meetings because "Greg Miller is on the phone ". A straight talker and genuine. 😊 He also sent out regular Post scripts to members updating on club news.

Last edited:
What if I think Scott is doing a good job and want to show my support?

Should I send a letter by snail mail? Hand written?

If you think he's doing a good job, then you should send it telepathically.

Greg Miller always returned my phone calls. I'd love being called out of meetings because "Greg Miller is on the phone ". A straight talker and genuine. 😊 He also sent out regular Post scripts to members updating on club news.

I got a phone call from Greg Miller one night. He was doing a membership drive before it even became a thing?

Last edited:
I was all for this till i realised its impossible with salary cap, I just vote for an inquestion. maybe some ex club man, get people like David King, Carey boomer maybe not sure if its too soon. come in Discect the football department make recommendations ect.
Carey loves North and has never been asked to come back to the club to assist in capacity with the forwards.
I'm pretty sure the entire list would be in awe of him if he just walked into the club casually

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Bradley Scotts is doing superbly in the celebration of our 150th year.

I remember going to the G on a Friday night fireworks, former players in cars around the boundary, a stirring win against Collingwood.

Our 125th was better.

Our 150th year has brought:

Absolute utensil up with membership packs.
We play zero games in our traditional strip.
Celebration of the fact we finished 9th.
An additional game away from our heartland.
Zero communicated celebration of the year.
Players not physically peaking to start the season.
A game plan that was picked apart in the very first quarter of the year.
A 0-3 start.

The administration and the footy department have taken a dump on something every North supporter should hold dear.

We were never meant to be here. We were supposed to die with such regularity that our fortitude to survive was lauded.

Apologies and reviews of systems do not get you the ability to celebrate it back.

I could wear most of the administrative crap if I had joy watching us play. But I don't. In a year we should be celebrating the collective passion and effort of those that got us here, we're mired in s**t.

It makes me depressed.

I remember going to the G on a Friday night fireworks, former players in cars around the boundary, a stirring win against Collingwood.

Our 125th was better.

Our 150th year has brought:

Absolute utensil up with membership packs.
We play zero games in our traditional strip.
Celebration of the fact we finished 9th.
An additional game away from our heartland.
Zero communicated celebration of the year.
Players not physically peaking to start the season.
A game plan that was picked apart in the very first quarter of the year.
A 0-3 start.

The administration and the footy department have taken a dump on something every North supporter should hold dear.

We were never meant to be here. We were supposed to die with such regularity that our fortitude to survive was lauded.

Apologies and reviews of systems do not get you the ability to celebrate it back.

I could wear most of the administrative crap if I had joy watching us play. But I don't. In a year we should be celebrating the collective passion and effort of those that got us here, we're mired in s**t.

It makes me depressed.

You missed the classic 1-2 when we they sent the members a letter about how well they're doing with a little postscript "oh btw we're playing another home game in Tassie".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back