Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Well done to the Hyphen, solid season rewarded with a top three finish.

It was noticeable with all the chatter that Mo wasn’t in the photos at the event. I guess all the group in the cute “see you in 2020” photo have been assured of a spot next season - who else was missing from this year’s team?

Next - what will trade period bring?

Well done to the Hyphen, solid season rewarded with a top three finish.

It was noticeable with all the chatter that Mo wasn’t in the photos at the event. I guess all the group in the cute “see you in 2020” photo have been assured of a spot next season - who else was missing from this year’s team?

Next - what will trade period bring?
It was a bit hard tell if anyone wasn’t there.

I think they should have told Mo after the B&F but everyone I asked was pretty tight lipped and I didn’t want to push it as the mood was very upbeat. There may be more to the story but who knows if it will ever come out.

jess_1804

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone know who Drennan’s playing for ?

Sad to see them go, but on the plus side we can only lose another 2 to the expansion clubs :thumbsu:

Jamie Stanton and Alison Drennan have informed the club they have accepted respective offers to join expansion teams.

#OurTimeIsNow
That's a shame, I had a feeling Jamie would go after talking to her at the B&F. She looked stunning BTW. I think her ball winning will be missed and Allie Drennan's competitiveness will be hard to replace too. She had a bit of mongrel in the way she attacked the ball which is something I think we lacked as a team.

Anyone know who Drennan’s playing for ?

Sad to see them go, but on the plus side we can only lose another 2 to the expansion clubs :thumbsu:
Drennan plays VFLW for St Kilda so I'd assume them.

It'll be interesting to see if Richmond swoop on Lynch or if they're targeting bigger names.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham

It'll be interesting to see if Richmond swoop on Lynch or if they're targeting bigger names.
The Katie Brennan rumour keeps running.

We will miss both the players who are leaving, but we will also have Riddell back, plenty of very good players, and hopefully a fairer run at the draft this year.

Yep the report says St Kilda. I thought Beth Lynch looked promising, she's competitive and quick.

We do need to get a bit of size in, I hope we try to get Hatchard or Marinoff from Adelaide or someone similar, and a forward like Houghton from Freo. I dunno the intricacies of recruiting interstate players, i think it might not be sanctioned.

With all 311 AFLW players out of contract, the first of two trade periods will run from April 18.

The first period features the four new expansion clubs (Gold Coast, Richmond, St Kilda and West Coast) entering the competition in 2020.

They can each sign up to four players from the Victorian clubs, Adelaide and Greater Western Sydney and eight each from Brisbane and Fremantle.

2020 VISION Who's your club's dream pick-up for next season?

Richmond in particular appears to be interested in key forward Brennan, with Bulldogs CEO Ameet Bains addressing the issue on ABC Grandstand on Sunday.

"There's a reasonable possibility we can't hold onto her," he said.

The draft order will be confirmed on April 23, with a second sign and trade period opening that day and running until April 26. Only the 10 existing clubs can participate in that phase.

A five-day free agency period will be held (from April 26-30) for players who have not yet been signed.

Teams will lodge pre-draft lists with the AFL on May 3. By the end of the draft (yet to be determined, but generally in October), clubs will have lists of 30, with up to three spots open for rookies.

Clubs can sign players to one or two-season contracts for the first time this year.

Bell End

Team Captain
Sep 13, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Poole pirates
Sabrina Fredrick Traub has left the lions headed for a Vic club. I hope it’s us, that would explain letting Mo go. I’m probably putting 2 and 2 together and getting 68 though.

Sideburns Ahern

Team Captain
Apr 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Dogs AFLW side have lost their captain Katie Brennan to Richmond.

After derailing the grand final preparations and making the story all about herself, then having the club dedicate 2018 to winning one for her (which obviously failed spectacularly), she now walks out on the club "looking for a fresh start".

Will fit in well at Tigerland.

Fact of the matter is nobody moves on their (equal) leading goal kicker unless they have a replacement in mind. Hope's delisting only makes sense if we've been able to, against the odds, get Munn to re-commit. We can't afford to have such a sluggish forward line next year, so something had to give even though Mo didn't do much else wrong this season (kicked some terrific clutch goals).

Of course, if we also lose our sole Rising Star nominee then I'm out of answers. I'd expect that to mean we're chasing Frederick-Traub, except I don't see how we could get a trade done to make that happen.

jess_1804

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fact of the matter is nobody moves on their (equal) leading goal kicker unless they have a replacement in mind. Hope's delisting only makes sense if we've been able to, against the odds, get Munn to re-commit. We can't afford to have such a sluggish forward line next year, so something had to give even though Mo didn't do much else wrong this season (kicked some terrific clutch goals).

Of course, if we also lose our sole Rising Star nominee then I'm out of answers. I'd expect that to mean we're chasing Frederick-Traub, except I don't see how we could get a trade done to make that happen.
Huh? Since when is Munn leaving?

Shes not very good at football.
She does s**t bogan tats well though. They must have conflated that with being able to play like your Beamses, your Elliottses and your Swanses.

Huh? Since when is Munn leaving?
We don't know if she is or isn't yet, but it was always a possibility that she'd return to St Kilda in the same fashion as Drennan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back