AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
I saw this article on afl.com.au

Stats Files: How a remodeled defence has sparked Suns' rise
Marc McGowan

Apr 9, 2019 6:45AM

It was interesting, but I think he missed some key points. He focused on how well our backline was doing, but didn't mention how much they were being helped by the pressure being applied by the rest of them team. He also thought Harbrow & Hanley were the only regulars from last year's backline still playing more than 75% in defence. Hanley was hardly a regular in 2018! He only played about 3 games. I don't think the influence of his inclusion in 2019 should be underestimated.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I saw this article on afl.com.au

Stats Files: How a remodeled defence has sparked Suns' rise
Marc McGowan

Apr 9, 2019 6:45AM

It was interesting, but I think he missed some key points. He focused on how well our backline was doing, but didn't mention how much they were being helped by the pressure being applied by the rest of them team. He also thought Harbrow & Hanley were the only regulars from last year's backline still playing more than 75% in defence. Hanley was hardly a regular in 2018! He only played about 3 games. I don't think the influence of his inclusion in 2019 should be underestimated.
It is a good article, and others have alluded our defence seems to be a lot more structured and simple to follow.

Roos mentioned how our structure is easy to follow, especially for young players and the players are playing 'on the back shoulder' of their opponents, not so much of a zone.

Collins and Hombsch have held those key positions well. Hanley, Harbrow, Ballard (despite a poor game against WB) and Joyce have looked really settled down back.

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/92ad5a00e76d03c7c50aae12402acc26

Here it starts. Ralph reckons Jack has delayed talks and wanted to get to Essendon last year but a trade fell through after Shiel nominated Essendon

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Good insight though - a bit like Brisbane over the last few years we will still leak a few during a rebuild (like they lost schache and a few others with no belief)

Hope he wants to stick around but more importantly we need to be a club that players want to come to - neale and Cameron have been fundamental to the rise of Brisbane.

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Never seen Jack speak so enthusiastically about the club as he did in the recovery interview at Tally. He is ours to lose, if we go back to being a basket case by years end he will leave but if we keep showing this grit and belief he will stay.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Also says that some of Jack's partner's family has since moved to the coast. With what he feels is a new sense of belief in the group, and if the wins continue, he may feel compelled to stay.
But probably won't know until mid-year?

I was pretty sure they were already on the Gold Coast and his partner was a local when they met?

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Quick google search shows how wrong that flog Ralph is
CD88301A-429F-496C-BFE2-AF80D94FC255.jpeg

I was pretty sure they were already on the Gold Coast and his partner was a local when they met?
Not sure, but in the article it states...

"Last year with his partner’s family in Melbourne and Gold Coast struggling on field he was determined to get to Essendon. "

and then --
"Some of his partner’s family has since moved to the Gold Coast"

Also mentions that he was also happy to go back to the GC.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
That's true, but I wouldn't know what's the truth or not, so I was only going on what I had read. You guys would know more than I.
I prefer Foxsport , still bias but not as bad as Herald sun . If i'm not mistaken Herald sun keep reporting 2mp going to sign soon but GCS just keep quiet .

SunsGal

Senior List
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hook em all up with gold coast girls or girls happy to become gc locals if we want them to stay ... problem solved! Unless they decide to find more than one 😉

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Hook em all up with gold coast girls or girls happy to become gc locals if we want them to stay ... problem solved! Unless they decide to find more than one 😉
Just need to make sure that none of those girls have asperations of heading over to Ramsey Street ;)

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Quick google search shows how wrong that flog Ralph is
View attachment 651375

Brittany grew up on the GC. She’s as local as they come. Ralph should be sacked for writing such rubbish. He’s just a VFL RICHmond flog who should be selling used cars.
So ridiculous-we send Victoria Elecricity so they can keep the lights on and they send back written diarrhoea in return.
It’s not a fair swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back