Round 4 Trades (with POLL)

Fyfe - Trade or Hold?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rough round? Fyfe, Rocky and co.?
Never as good as it seems and never as bad as it seems.
Just by trading smarter, spotting value (which you're bloody good at), setting loops and not coming a gutser over the byes you'll mow a heap down along the way.

šŸ‘šŸ‘

They do but 95% of his kicks dont go over 30m so his efficiency should be high. A bit like rockliff though rockliff has the tackling also.
Honestly it would be mainly fantasy players that are aware of him. I doubt he would register to most fans that dont play. A lot of his touches come from the kick ins even under the old rule unlike laird as you said who runs all over the place.
All the hate for the Lloyd is pretty blind. He's a gun. You don't win an All Australian spot off half back without impressing all the selectors. He'd get heaps of his points from loose ball gets where he pays his opponent 0 respect and gets the crumbs straight off the pack. Does it well the big seagull. He just looks like a nuffy.

Needs to average 100 for that to happen. Despite his current form that seems unlikely.

I'm going to play devils advocate for Marshall because I'm a smart arse and bored. He's 23.5 years old, the same age as Grundy was at the start of last year so it's not like he just started playing. LOL But he's a forward that only just started rucking in recent years and you're an idiot even comparing him to Grundy and you would be right, Grundy is not a good comparison.

I would then remind you of another mid pricer from a few years ago who also happened to be in his mid twenties at the time, was known more as an underachieving KP forward who occasionally pinch hit in the ruck. Anyway, he had missed a lot of games in his first few years through not being a good enough KP forward and also injury prone. Well this one year all the rucks at his new club went down injured by mid season and he was their last resort even though he was a bit undersized to play 1st ruck there was literally no one else, so he came in and played the last 12 games of that season. Because he had played only 5 games the previous year, he was fairly cheap in SC 240k IIRC. Some coaches traded him in on the bubble because he somehow arsed 2 tonnes & because he was R/F DPP thinking he might be a decent punt to hold down F6 and offered some ruck cover as well. At the time I thought those first 2 scores as sole ruck were a fluke, that he was unproven as a ruckman, that he would get found out and laughed at the idiots who traded him in. Fools gold I said, will not average 100+ I said. That player was Stef Martin and he averaged 111 from those 12 games. He's been a ruck SP ever since. The end/

Last edited:

I'm going to play devils advocate for Marshall because I'm a smart arse and bored. He's 23.5 years old, the same age as Grundy was at the start of last year so it's not like he just started playing. LOL But he's a forward that only just started rucking in recent years and you're an idiot even comparing him to Grundy and you would be right, Grundy is not a good comparison.

I would then remind you of another player from a few years ago who also happened to be in his mid twenties at the time, was known more as an underachieving KP forward who occasionally pinch hit in the ruck. Anyway, he had missed a lot of games in his first few years through not being a good enough KP forward and also injury prone. Well this one year all the rucks at his new club went down injured by mid season and he was their last resort even though he was a bit undersized to play 1st ruck there was literally no one else, so he came in and played the last 12 games of that season. Because he had played only 5 games the previous year, he was fairly cheap in SC 240k IIRC. Some coaches traded him in on the bubble because he somehow arsed 2 tonnes & because he was R/F DPP thinking he might be a decent punt to hold down F6 and offered some ruck cover as well. At the time I thought those first 2 scores as sole ruck were a fluke, that he was unproven as a ruckman, that he would get found out and laughed at the idiots who traded him in. Fools gold I said, will not average 100+ I said. That player was Stef Martin and he averaged 111 from those 12 games. He's been a ruck SP ever since. The end/
I think i'm gonna cry.
So inspiring

I would then remind you of another mid pricer from a few years ago who also happened to be in his mid twenties at the time, was known more as an underachieving KP forward who occasionally pinch hit in the ruck. Anyway, he had missed a lot of games in his first few years through not being a good enough KP forward and also injury prone. Well this one year all the rucks at his new club went down injured by mid season and he was their last resort even though he was a bit undersized to play 1st ruck there was literally no one else, so he came in and played the last 12 games of that season. Because he had played only 5 games the previous year, he was fairly cheap in SC 240k IIRC. Some coaches traded him in on the bubble because he somehow arsed 2 tonnes & because he was R/F DPP thinking he might be a decent punt to hold down F6 and offered some ruck cover as well. At the time I thought those first 2 scores as sole ruck were a fluke, that he was unproven as a ruckman, that he would get found out and laughed at the idiots who traded him in. Fools gold I said, will not average 100+ I said. That player was Stef Martin and he averaged 111 from those 12 games. He's been a ruck SP ever since. The end/
Ahh good times. I was sceptical too but I thought feck it the DPP and 240k price tag sold me. Didn't regret it.
Still not gonna get Marshall though. What about Longer?

Stef was a far more experienced player at afl. Didnt he have a season averaging high 90s as a defender for the Dees? Not sure was position he actually played. You just cant resist a mid pricer can you? Also I didnt say it wouldnt happen just that it was unlikely. But I also said it was unlikely Oliver would keep it up in his 2nd year also. There are always exceptions to the rule.

All the hate for the Lloyd is pretty blind. He's a gun. You don't win an All Australian spot off half back without impressing all the selectors. He'd get heaps of his points from loose ball gets where he pays his opponent 0 respect and gets the crumbs straight off the pack. Does it well the big seagull. He just looks like a nuffy.
Umm...

1554801874629.png

Ahh good times. I was sceptical too but I thought feck it the DPP and 240k price tag sold me. Didn't regret it.
Still not gonna get Marshall though. What about Longer?

Is Longer even AFL standard?

I will argue no. He's ok at actual ruck work, will break even against the better rucks on a good day, but he offers next to nothing around the ground. I would say Marshall would be almost on par with him in actual ruck work, but leaves Longer for dead in everything else. Can take a mark, good below his knees and likes to tackle, maybe even float forward and kick a goal or two since goal kicking used to be his caper. What's not to like? Saints would be stupid not to persist with him this year. They could very well have the next Stef Martin on their books.

Last edited:

All australian. Not sure thats a metric that should be used in debate over a players quality given the amound of mega spuds that have the honour.
Anyway Lloyd isnt a spud and yes he is good in his role. I just dont respect the scoring he gets given its suppose to reflect influence on a game.
And the end of the day I am going to buy him soon and im going to enjoy every second of it.

Is Longer is AFL standard?

I will argue no. He's ok at actual ruck work, will break even against the better rucks on a good day, but he offers next to nothing around the ground. I would say Marshall would be almost on par with him in actual ruck work, but leaves Longer for dead in everything else. Can take a mark, good below his knees and likes to tackle, maybe even float forward and kick a goal or two since goal kicking used to be his caper. What's not to like? Saints would be stupid not to persist with him this year. They could very well have the next Stef Martin on their books.
Billy is a Ruck that is 10 year behind the rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stef was a far more experienced player at afl. Didnt he have a season averaging high 90s as a defender for the Dees? Not sure was position he actually played. You just cant resist a mid pricer can you? Also I didnt say it wouldnt happen just that it was unlikely. But I also said it was unlikely Oliver would keep it up in his 2nd year also. There are always exceptions to the rule.

Granted, he had 1 season where he averaged 85 playing CHB at the Dees. He was rubbish every other year before and after right up until 2014 though. :p

pooo.JPG

I'm probably not going to trade Marshall in myself, but that doesn't mean I wont shill for him just for the **** of it! :D

Last edited:
Is Longer even AFL standard?

The worst part about Billy Longer is that we used pick 8 on that spud, took him ahead of Toby Greene, Taylor Adams, & Devon Smith :(

I might yet use it with Mills.
McVeigh out possibly helps, too.
Freo: Lyon mentioned Stef Giro and (I think) Crowden as good WAFL performers who could be in the frame if Fyfe misses, don't think Valente was mentioned.

The worst part about Billy Longer is that we used pick 8 on that spud, took him ahead of Toby Greene, Taylor Adams, & Devon Smith :(
Fairly uncommon miss, though, your talent spotters generally get them right more often than other clubs (imo), has been a strength of yours for a while.

McVeigh out possibly helps, too.
Freo: Lyon mentioned Stef Giro and (I think) Crowden as good WAFL performers who could be in the frame if Fyfe misses, don't think Valente was mentioned.
Surprised there's still an "if" being used. There's no way the club would risk it is there?

If you could, would you bring in Constable for Gibbons? And at what price?

I'd need to trade Dunkley>Marshall or Atkins>Lockhart/stack.

I just feel he has a lot more upside for $$$

This week I really wish SC had the FPL system at least (preferably 3 trades for free) where you can trade as many players as u want but they deduct points off your score. In that game you lose 4 points for every trade above the allocated free transfer you have which is a pretty high price not sure what the equivalent would be in SC. Proably losing like 50 points to 100 points per trade. Id be burning through points just to get LLoyd Neale and & Macree this week and end up scoring 1500 for the week. Judd_Magic you would love it.

Surprised there's still an "if" being used. There's no way the club would risk it is there?

Would be a huge risk imo, eyes rolled back, was a big impact, he was in real strife.
Canā€™t see it, either, youā€™d think 2 off tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back