Ochre guernsey love thread

Remove this Banner Ad

caspian

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
thVRXRKZO3.jpg

This has probably been done before but I'm relatively new to BF so here we go.

Man, this shirt was such a beast and it says a lot about the conservative/flat out boring view of most sports fans that it was maligned. I'll pay that the back part with the numbers was gross. But the front part was a bit of art and it's a true shame it's been so hated.

The eagle looks great and is menacing as hell. I love how they've fit the state of WA in the back half of the eagle.

The ochre, just a classic colour that screams this state.

All up it's just a great work, there's nothing like it and hasn't been anything similar before or since. Perhaps I oughta give a bit more credit to my WC comrades and say maybe no one likes it because it coincided with one of our worst teams, still, it's totally kickass. Please someone sell me a XL version of the thing.

LIKE and SHARE if you AGREE!!!!

I think the reason it’s so hated is because it goes against everything the clubs identify is supposed to be.

- Comprised almost exclusively of non-club colours apart from the Navy

- Uses a bald eagle not a wedge tail

- Eagle is facing west despite the club stating the eagle must always be facing east towards our prey

- the back is just the worst thing ever created

That being said I think it’s developed a ‘so bad it’s good’ cult status with a lot of supporters

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ouch, hadn't noticed the bald eagle. Yeah that's pretty s**t. Still feel like it's a classic design, despite that

Bleargh.

Sorry man, but that is just not gonna make it off the top of the "worst jumper in club history" list. The club colours are wrong, the eagle looks more like an angry pigeon with its stubby neck, the back looks like a mixed drink and the overall design just screams "franchise".

Im glad its relegated to the dustbin of history. Give me the sexy Royal Blue and Yellow wings 'erryday.

EDIT:
- Eagle is facing west despite the club stating the eagle must always be facing east towards our prey

Forgot about this bit. Absolutely unforgivable. Literal trash.

This jumper represents the low point of our club's guernsey misadventures. We started out with perfection and devolved to the ochre and tripe-anal rubbish.

Threads like this make me fear that someday, the #ReturnTheWings campaign may need to be dusted off.

This jumper represents the low point of our club's guernsey misadventures. We started out with perfection and devolved to the ochre and tripe-anal rubbish.

Threads like this make me fear that someday, the #ReturnTheWings campaign may need to be dusted off.

I prefer our current guernsey. Just thought it was underrated & quite daring is all! Would love to own a copy of the thing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Front was ok, the back was beyond awful.

Also looked s**t with white shorts which was the common combo since it was the away jumper. With Navy shorts it was a bit better

The other problem with it was that it coincided with the worst period of performance in our clubs history. We probably won one game in 3 years in it.

Ochre symbolises poor performance and marketing hubris.

Last edited:
I like it for it's nostalgic qualities, but at the time I hated that we went away from the wings design, to this and the home version.

It's sort of cool now, because of how ugly it was, but agree it represents a time when we were terrible on field, and we would've won hardly any games in it. Side on it also terrible. Had a mix of about 3 colours, and throw in the white shorts, it was just a mess. Still cool though, in a gross kind of way

Apparently it was announced at some luncheon/breakfast that Freo are bringing back one of their earlier jumpers for their last home game and it got s**t feed back from the guests.

Imagine if they announce they're bringing back this as a retro kit? I'd throw up but will still be intrigued.

Ochre making alias accounts to try and drum up support for this disgusting guernsey.
Nah, after my last troll alias somehow got more popular than me and won poster of the year, I've given up on making them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back