Autopsy Round 3, 2019: Fremantle v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

We've been over reckless if anything this year. Clear focus to make the tackles stick and for the oppo to feel the pressure.
We are averaging 70 tackles a game this year, 10 tackles more than our average last year. In all 3 games we have been able to apply pressure to our opponents and not give them as much space as our 2018 version. Billy Slater must be able to take some credit for his input in this area.

I just love the thought that people are accusing us of apparently “flouting” the 666 rule.

Good for us if we found the loophole ( although somehow I doubt it was planned.)

How cheeky! :p
If it had been space cadet Blake then it would have been more funny an accusation.

Last year they were turning up after every game as like a final s**t on our heads after losing every week. This year when I have actually wanted to watch them they seem to not be coming....unless my spam filter is assuming anything to do with St Kilda is trash.
We did send it via email.

Pressure is only one part of the mechanism. When was the last time we saw one of our players get in the face of their opponents, tried to put off their opponents with chatter or niggle, or actually deliberately hurt an opponent in a contest or give their opponent an ear/head massage when spoiling. We have a group of choir boys who struggle to believe they can compete with the best. How excited were you when you saw Parker bump McGrath the week before, we havent seen anything like that since Gardiner, Gehrig & Hayes used to run through the opposition. Brown is a current example of having a huge frame but who has he intimidated or had worried about standing in front of him.

That mighten come natural to all players but you can god damn coach that into them!
Pretty sure Saad was mainatining a safe distance from Brown last week..

We did send it via email.

I just checked and there is a heap of St Kilda stuff but nothing with coaches message in the title. Got Kayo, Sainter of the round, Show us you're with St Kilda, Shanghai with Nick etc. No coaches messages anywhere.

I just checked and there is a heap of St Kilda stuff but nothing with coaches message in the title. Got Kayo, Sainter of the round, Show us you're with St Kilda, Shanghai with Nick etc. No coaches messages anywhere.
Yes there is. Round 3 Dare Sainter of the Round.

Yes there is. Round 3 Dare Sainter of the Round.

Oh right, they are in with that now are they. I'm pretty sure last year it was the Holman coaches message in the email title. You guys hid it away in case we wanted to bag him again. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Saad was mainatining a safe distance from Brown last week..

Something that always sticks in my mind is during an game from early 2017 (Geelong?). Loose ball bobbling around on the HB flank, might have been Joey trying to gather it up with a few oppo players bearing down on him.

Enter one Nate Brown who charges in out of nowhere and just dead-set flattens one of them. Immediately jumps up and bee-lines for the next one, laying them out also.
He then whips around in search of his next victim, spots one and crunches him just as he's about to pounce on Joey who gets the kick away and clears it to the wing.

Think Parker’s effort in the pocket against GC, but just knocking over campaigners like the massive unit he is.
Glorious stuff :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Just looking at the Tom Phillips/Cripps below the knees free kick.. what is with all the uproar? Deserved a free kick imo. That’s the rule. I’ve seen plenty given away for the exact same scenario. Especially against us.

But why is no one bringing up the free against JB? To me that’s the one that was wrong and should be talked about. He drops a sliding mark (which he should’ve taken) and then follows it while he is still on the ground. Cerra runs past the footy and knees Billings in the back and gets a free kick? Cerra even thought the free was against him FFS.

Just looking at the Tom Phillips/Cripps below the knees free kick.. what is with all the uproar? Deserved a free kick imo. That’s the rule. I’ve seen plenty given away for the exact same scenario. Especially against us.

But why is no one bringing up the free against JB? To me that’s the one that was wrong and should be talked about. He drops a sliding mark (which he should’ve taken) and then follows it while he is still on the ground. Cerra runs past the footy and knees Billings in the back and gets a free kick? Cerra even thought the free was against him FFS.

The AFL has admitted the Billings one was an incorrect call. Most in the media agreed.

The AFL has admitted the Billings one was an incorrect call. Most in the media agreed.

The question is why did a dumbshit on the day think it was the call to make.
Surely he should be umpiring back in the state leagues until he comes to grip with the pace of the game.

Well, at least it's not like it directly led to a goal... in a game decided by less than a goal... or something...

I don’t buy into the coaching assessment that all indicators pointed to us winning .. watching live it felt all game like we were lucky to still be in it and the skill level of both sides was poor but felt like we were getting smashed around the ground in general ..

I don’t buy into the coaching assessment that all indicators pointed to us winning .. watching live it felt all game like we were lucky to still be in it and the skill level of both sides was poor but felt like we were getting smashed around the ground in general ..

The first quarter yes, we were s**t but we had the bulk of entries into our 50 late and just wasted them all. It was back to our worst of the last couple of years. So many players failed to convert basic shots on goal.

We created a chance to score a goal 5 more times than they did

Remove this Banner Ad

Back