Multiplat Assassins Creed Odyssey

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I saw that stuff yesterday. If the rumours are true, I hope there is some form of brotherhood set up in Rome and not just a lone crusader type deal the last 2 have been.

According to some discussions like this one, included in the rumours is you play as either Cassius or Lucia, characters descended from Kassandra and Aya/Bayek. The Assassin's Order will be well and truly established as it puts it about 250 years after the events of the ending of Origins. This makes sense. Origins was the origin of the Assassin's, Odyssey is around the origins of the Templars, the third game should join everything together. We'll know more once all of the Odyssey DLC is out. Darius was referred to as the first Assassin with a statue in AC2 I think it was and we learned all about him with the first two episodes of Legacy of the Hidden Blade and the final episode should wrap that up. I think the Atlantis DLC is going to make things really interesting. There is also the ending of Origins with a particular character making a return that needs to be addressed in the next game.

Really need to get back into this, red dead ruined it for me because I started playing that and never came back to this.
So do I.

After the 100 odd hours in RDR2, playing another long drawn out game is hard to muster the enthusiasm

Just finished the last episode of Legacy of the Hidden Blade. A bit disappointing in the end. The first episode was by far the best and the amount of content seemed to reduce with each subsequent episode. All I can guess is that the entire thing was done long ago and it was just split up while they work on the Atlantis DLC. The final episode could probably be finished in 1-2 hours as it was only 3 or 4 main missions and I two sides. The final cut scene was a nice bridge to Origins though.

Regarding the actual hidden/assassin's blade that Darius has
I though that's what we would have got for completing it seeing as that's the name of the DLC and what this whole thing was meant to be about, the beginning of the Assassins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished the last episode of Legacy of the Hidden Blade. A bit disappointing in the end. The first episode was by far the best and the amount of content seemed to reduce with each subsequent episode. All I can guess is that the entire thing was done long ago and it was just split up while they work on the Atlantis DLC. The final episode could probably be finished in 1-2 hours as it was only 3 or 4 main missions and I two sides. The final cut scene was a nice bridge to Origins though.

Regarding the actual hidden/assassin's blade that Darius has
I though that's what we would have got for completing it seeing as that's the name of the DLC and what this whole thing was meant to be about, the beginning of the Assassins.

So every Assassin in each game was a descendant of Eplidios?

So every Assassin in each game was a descendant of Eplidios?

Were Altair, Ezio etc all confirmed to be descended from Aya and/or Bayek? I took the ending scene that Aya descended from Elpidios, and Layla had DNA of Bayek and Alexios/Kassandra. What I think I might have missed though is Khemu, Bayek and Aya's son from Origins died. In Origins we play as Bayek, but Odyssey suggests Aya is from Elpidios. Bayek and Aya parted ways and as far as we know they didn't have another child together? Or does Layla's Animus only require DNA from the source and not necessarily have to be from an ancestor?

Were Altair, Ezio etc all confirmed to be descended from Aya and/or Bayek? I took the ending scene that Aya descended from Elpidios, and Layla had DNA of Bayek and Alexios/Kassandra. What I think I might have missed though is Khemu, Bayek and Aya's son from Origins died. In Origins we play as Bayek, but Odyssey suggests Aya is from Elpidios. Bayek and Aya parted ways and as far as we know they didn't have another child together? Or does Layla's Animus only require DNA from the source and not necessarily have to be from an ancestor?

I'm not sure can see Ubisoft bring out dlc where we use Aya before the events of Origins

Finished Legacy of the First Blade last night.

Overall, I thought the LotFB story was pretty average. The last cutscene showing Aya as a descendant of Kassandra was pretty cool though. I feel this kind of major plot point should be told in the main story rather than hiding it behind a paid extra. I mean, I'm always going to buy the complete pass but not everyone else will. It's the only thing that really ties this game to the AC universe and should be in the main game.

I really expected more Layla arc to be in this game. The tiny bit we got was pretty half assed. I suppose more will come of it in the Atlantis DLC.

One thing I was a little confused about is Artaxerxes and his son Darius and the convo between the 2 Darius' (Artabanus and Artaxerxes' son). Does it mean that AX has gone back to Persia as a blind king? Or has Darius (son Darius) taken over? Who exactly is ruling Persia at this point?

I don't think Bayek and/or Aya had any descendants, as you stated, Khemu was their only son. I suppose they could have hooked up with other people but there's nothing to suggest they did in the game. As for Altair and Ezio, there's nothing that suggests they're related either. They're both ancestors to Desmond but could come from different strands.

Pretty sure in Origins, Layla got Bayek's DNA from his corpse rather than using her own. Thinking of it now, I'm not sure how she can see Kassandra/Alexios?

Finished Legacy of the First Blade last night.

Overall, I thought the LotFB story was pretty average. The last cutscene showing Aya as a descendant of Kassandra was pretty cool though. I feel this kind of major plot point should be told in the main story rather than hiding it behind a paid extra. I mean, I'm always going to buy the complete pass but not everyone else will. It's the only thing that really ties this game to the AC universe and should be in the main game.

I really expected more Layla arc to be in this game. The tiny bit we got was pretty half assed. I suppose more will come of it in the Atlantis DLC.

One thing I was a little confused about is Artaxerxes and his son Darius and the convo between the 2 Darius' (Artabanus and Artaxerxes' son). Does it mean that AX has gone back to Persia as a blind king? Or has Darius (son Darius) taken over? Who exactly is ruling Persia at this point?

I often get confused because of the amount of times the names are reused. Artaxerxes (blind king) has already been banished so I think the current king is Xerxes II. Is the Darius at the end Darius II? Off the top of my head it goes Xerxes I (who Artabanus/Darius kills), Artaxerxes (blind king currently in Greece), Xerxes II, then was it Darius II who is the son of Xerxes I at the end who was minding Elpidios? Will need to cross reference dates because I’m on my phone at the moment and trying to go from memory.

I don't think Bayek and/or Aya had any descendants, as you stated, Khemu was their only son. I suppose they could have hooked up with other people but there's nothing to suggest they did in the game. As for Altair and Ezio, there's nothing that suggests they're related either. They're both ancestors to Desmond but could come from different strands.

Pretty sure in Origins, Layla got Bayek's DNA from his corpse rather than using her own. Thinking of it now, I'm not sure how she can see Kassandra/Alexios?

yeah that’s right, so Layla’s Animus only requires DNA and you don’t need to be a descendant? But then you’re right about Alexios/Kassandra because the only way that works is if she is a descendant because I don’t remember getting their DNA. It was 120 hours ago for me though so I might have forgotten. However in that case why did she bother to get Bayek and Aya’a DNA from their corpse when Aya is probably descended from Elpidios (and subsequently Alexios/Kassandra).

I’m confusing myself lol. As Elpidios comes from Darius/Artabanus it would be cool to play as him but I don’t think that’s in the plans

Persian family tree pertaining to above discussion that may help

Ok, so as I understand it, Darius/Artabanus is none of the Darius' listed above, Son Darius is brother of the current ruler and son of the blind king. Right?

Ok, so as I understand it, Darius/Artabanus is none of the Darius' listed above, Son Darius is brother of the current ruler and son of the blind king. Right?

I think that’s right. I just did a quick skim through Wikipedia so I think I have this right.

I don’t know why Artabanus takes the name of Darius in the game other than trying to hide by using a different identity. Artabanus kills Xerxes I. Xerxes I son Artaxerxes I succeeds but the game changes the timeline of real events here. The game is set in 431BC but Artaxerxes actually reigned until 424BC yet we find him in Magaris. All 3 of his sons succeeded them, one of them being Darius II. Did the Darius in the game at the end say that his father was Xerxes though? Which is why Artabanus felt bad upon the meeting? Anyway, time line is a bit wrong, but as Darius II is in Greece then the current king of Persia in the time of the game has to be Xerxes II or Sogdianus.

The AC wiki is proving a handy too.
https://assassinscreed.fandom.com/wiki/Artaxerxes_I_of_Persia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back