Round 4: Changes Vs Eagles (DERBY TIME)

Remove this Banner Ad

Make the Fyfe call after warm up sat. If it’s real wet, don’t risk. Cop the fine if we have to, keep them guessing the whole way.

In - Switta
Out - Banfield

Smokey in - Sturt

Hughes gets one more chance due to eagles forward line.
Hogan to midfield full time if Fyfe is out.

Giro shouldn’t be an option yet. Nothing against him, but he needs to find the ball rather than running 18kms a game aimlessly. If you’re gonna run that much, you need to get more than 11 touches. He panics with the ball too.

If we fumble like the last 2 weeks again I’ll blow my lid

I’m not really sure what Crowden and Giro bring to the team tbh.

I actually think Giro is ok but as a winger. Hill and Langdon will have that covered all day and when they don’t there’s Tucker and Colyer. I honestly just didn’t rate Crowden last year but I guess he’s 19.

I’d like to see North come in but I fear it’ll be one of the above or Darcy with Hogan into the middle.

In regards to North I remember Ross talking about standards for gps numbers that had to be met before you would be considered for selection (from a few years ago when talking about bennell). Wouldn't surprise me if this is the reason he doesn't get a go ( maybe some of the training watchers may have some knowledge of how he performs in time trials etc)

In regards to North I remember Ross talking about standards for gps numbers that had to be met before you would be considered for selection (from a few years ago when talking about bennell). Wouldn't surprise me if this is the reason he doesn't get a go ( maybe some of the training watchers may have some knowledge of how he performs in time trials etc)

This is plausible

You might be correct but players such as Giro who can run all day don't always make for good footballers

North is an old fashioned tough footballer. We need more of them

This is plausible

You might be correct but players such as Giro who can run all day don't always make for good footballers

North is an old fashioned tough footballer. We need more of them
Yeh I don't disagree. Giro should only come in to play wing and crowden should only come in to play inside mid. Neither is a half forward. I'm hoping they bring Switkowski in and send banfield to tag gaff. Tucker to run with shuey.

Which is just stupid from our coaches I reckon, I don't care how professional the game is, you could put an underdone Bennell in a forward pocket and he'd still offer more than most of our list. I hate that we have these inflexible standards rather than thinking outside the box.

I hope North gets at least a mention this week. For some reason I'm terrified Ross doesn't rate him (I have no evidence for this its just a vibe thing).
Basically I don't think either Giro or Crowden are AFL level players so I'd be much more excited to see what North can do, same as I'm looking forward to seeing Valente and a Sturt debut later in the year. We need more class.

Also as much as I think Hogan should eventually become a very good forward he's basically broken at the moment, can't even catch the ball, same as McCarthy was for a while, I don't think either of them handle pressure all that well at times. I don't think its coincidence that our forward line worked much better in the one game he didn't play.

Until Blakely, Hill (Is Bennell even a thing anymore?) or players of that calibre are available there isn't much we can do to actually improve the team.

Perhaps its better to play all the foot soldiers this week and hope they hurt as many oppo players as they can.
Shows the expectations on Hogan I suppose but he's been far from broken, just not "Hogan" yet. Yeah he dropped a couple of marks but he still directly set up at least 2 of our goals on the weekend. We also burnt him about 6 times with s**t kicks (or missing him altogether *cough McCarthy).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they like to flock over here to have a bit of a laugh at how obsessed we all are

I remember 1 time I was arguing with some WC tosser about who's the most obsessed

Me ... it's a 2 team footy loving town and it's the same on both side of the fence

Him ... Rubbish you guys are clearly way more obsessed than us

So I did a little recon , opened up the non- Eagles thread ( a reasonable place to start I thought )and it was like 40/50 posts about Freo

When I mentioned this to him he got all huffy and accused me of cherry picking by using that thread when there was hardly any mention of Freo in threads like ' the beer wine and spirits thread ' and ' my team just won the flag **** I'm amazing '

True story

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I have only been on BF for one year and a bit.The most obvious thing to me is they are more obsessed with us, Than the other way around, Seriously they could start their own Freo hate thread.Their Opposition thread is clogged up with Freo hate. And i have noticed not much the other way .

If someone could make and sell the T shirts I would love to buy one
The proceeds could go to stamping out cowards punchers
Just don’t expect Danny Green to promote the t-shirt! Already established he only has a problem with violence on the field when it’s a non WC player

The boos will come. Followed by excuses & denials, some will laugh about it on work come monday.
The funny thing about the eagles supporters, they have had so much success. Absolutely no reason to be the shittiest supporters in aussie sport.
The West Australian media have conditioned them this way. Its like we live in a 1 team state a lot of the time.
Media will go after the eagles rarely, they know if they mess with the birds too much the majority of wa sports fans wont buy their s**t paper or watch their s**t local news.
Zeik hail to the mighty eagles. The s**t campaigners of aussie sport.

I'd hold off on bringing in Switta for another week simply to ensure that he is definitely 100% to come back to AFL.

I'd hold off on bringing in Switta for another week simply to ensure that he is definitely 100% to come back to AFL.

He’s had 2 weeks at Peel. He is coming off a 7 day break compared to others with a 6 day break. He only played 3/4 last week. He’ll be primed I reckon. As long as the knock wasn’t on the hammy he should be right. Mind you, any knock on the legs can unbalance your running.

Shows the expectations on Hogan I suppose but he's been far from broken, just not "Hogan" yet. Yeah he dropped a couple of marks but he still directly set up at least 2 of our goals on the weekend. We also burnt him about 6 times with s**t kicks (or missing him altogether *cough McCarthy).

Sure it appears that Hogan has had a slow start, but I've seen signs that he is on the right track. His timing has been slightly off, but his endeavour is slowly ramping up. It takes time to adjust to a new team and playing style, did we really expect him to be an immediate plug and play at 100% player ?.

I see it as he has just shifted out of first gear and has moved into the second gear, and should move quickly through to third shortly.

Seeing news fyfe may be in - man do you guys really risk a superstar of the game over a derby?

Id rather lose the derby than see him play and get hurt again :(

I remember listening to David Parkin, ( good player, very good coach & an academic ), say that looking back over his career, whenever he returned next week after being concussed, he was shite.

I may be old fashioned ( yep that old fart ), but if you are concussed in a game and are unable to return, you automatically take next week off. At my amateur club we used this guide and we all felt that it worked well.

If Fyfe is out, we need to just forge on and think of it as an opportunity for another player to fill the breech and make their mark. Opportunity breeds success.

I think they like to flock over here to have a bit of a laugh at how obsessed we all are

I remember 1 time I was arguing with some WC tosser about who's the most obsessed

Me ... it's a 2 team footy loving town and it's the same on both side of the fence

Him ... Rubbish you guys are clearly way more obsessed than us

So I did a little recon , opened up the non- Eagles thread ( a reasonable place to start I thought )and it was like 40/50 posts about Freo

When I mentioned this to him he got all huffy and accused me of cherry picking by using that thread when there was hardly any mention of Freo in threads like ' the beer wine and spirits thread ' and ' my team just won the flag **** I'm amazing '

True story

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mate, in 2013 they had a large thread on their board dedicated soley to Fremantle's final's campaign, I s**t you not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back