Universal Love Carlton Kayo Streaming Library

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
As someone that had Kayo Streaming service over summer I am happy with it but it is really hard to find videos of things you want to watch but gone off main page. Seems no search engine. I thought for those of us that use it and want to find replays of our own games on there or specific interviews a virtual library of where to find stuff may help.
Example I watched replay of first round game as missed most of it on night. Not easy to find away from front page but it exists.
Similarly the AFL Draft back in November. It exists but very hard to find.

I found it just then via google search, not via Kayo itself.

If you find anything relevant to Carlton maybe post links here for others using Kayo to find.

If you have Kayo streaming service, if you clink on the url it should show that event.

Example: AFL Draft Day One
https://kayosports.com.au/event/sport!afl/event-2018-afl-draft!56588

Draft Day Two
https://kayosports.com.au/event/sport!afl/event-2018-afl-draft!56675

Round One game
https://kayosports.com.au/fixture/s...fixture-carlton-blues-vs-richmond-tigers!2205

Round Two game
https://kayosports.com.au/fixture/s...ure-port-adelaide-power-vs-carlton-blues!2217

JLT1 v Essendon
https://kayosports.com.au/fixture/s...ixture-carlton-blues-vs-essendon-bombers!2412

2016 last quarter v Sydney at SCG
https://kayosports.com.au/shows/show-30-minute-thrillers!8062/season-2016-season!14053

2002 Round 14 Carlton v Richmond game
https://kayosports.com.au/sports/sport!afl/series-afl-premiership!1/team-carlton-blues!20003

Add more where you find them.
Carlton related interviews or anything of interest we may like to find.

Last edited:

Seen5

All Australian
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Similar experience, I don't blame the equipment. I don't use coal, I pay for split atoms. Another forum suggested they struggle with server power when in high demand.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm very happy with it thus far. Mighty impressed actually.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Good idea. I too got it during the summer and agree, finding my way around the Kayo AFL pages is not easy.
This is the only criticism. having to scroll left and right through the video options to find what I'm looking for. Other than this, the video quality has been excellent.

koutamarto

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Tried it over summer. 720p only and constant buffering. Yuk.
Foxtel had a deal that included sports for $58 so I jumped on that

Can you pay for 1080 streaming with Kayo?

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

Mine was like that when I first got the 2weeks free trial . Over the last 2 weeks i haven had a problem..there's a Kayo forum on the main board !! Have a browse through that !!

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

I believe this may be a problem with our dear friend the NBN, not solely with the service output.

If you open the diagnostics and view options menus while streaming the default quality is Auto quality in HD >720, not maximum 720. Below that the current transmitted quality which will usually read 1080.

If you are buffering all the time on the default, then the problem is more likely with your ISP.

Unless Kayo is bullshitting about their speed just as much as the NBN providers are.

I am one of the "lucky" people in regional Vic who got NBN and immediately received half the speed I had with ADSL; so most of the time I have to manually switch streaming services, including Kayo, down to SD.

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I believe this may be a problem with our dear friend the NBN, not solely with the service output.

If you open the diagnostics and view options menus while streaming the default quality is Auto quality in HD >720, not maximum 720. Below that the current transmitted quality which will usually read 1080.

If you are buffering all the time on the default, then the problem is more likely with your ISP.

Unless Kayo is bullshitting about their speed just as much as the NBN providers are.

I am one of the "lucky" people in regional Vic who got NBN and immediately received half the speed I had with ADSL; so most of the time I have to manually switch streaming services, including Kayo, down to SD.
I rang my provider (Dodo) and complained that I'm not getting the service I'm paying for (done a speed test ) and they dropped my fee of $75 downd to $60..within a day or 2 it was back up to speed !! NBN are bullshitting to people that they have it ready but it's simply not unless you complain ..

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
I rang my provider (Dodo) and complained that I'm not getting the service I'm paying for (done a speed test ) and they dropped my fee of $75 downd to $60..within a day or 2 it was back up to speed !! NBN are bullshitting to people that they have it ready but it's simply not unless you complain ..

I doubt it will ever improve TBH.

A lot of the cable out here in the sticks is overhead, on existing poles. I've got a mate who is a power lineman and he tells me it's a circus. Cable is being literally hung on hooks without being properly secured to ensure it maintains its correct catenary. As a result it is failing constantly, and sometimes falling. I also hear of underground cabling being just buried in a trench without protective sheathing.

It's the insulation scandal Mark II. Throw a vast wad of cash out into the market for a volume of work that is far beyond the capacity of existing competent / reputable contractors; then turn it up another notch with politically driven time pressure.

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I doubt it will ever improve TBH.

A lot of the cable out here in the sticks is overhead, on existing poles. I've got a mate who is a power lineman and he tells me it's a circus. Cable is being literally hung on hooks without being properly secured to ensure it maintains its correct catenary. As a result it is failing constantly, and sometimes falling. I also hear of underground cabling being just buried in a trench without protective sheathing.

It's the insulation scandal Mark II. Throw a vast wad of cash out into the market for a volume of work that is far beyond the capacity of existing competent / reputable contractors; then turn it up another notch with politically driven time pressure.
Ours was running just as good if not better befor we switched over!! I asked for our old connection back and they told me I can't..

BlueTang

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

I got it the day of the Port game, has been excellent at 1080. Only cut out once, out of 10 games. Went back into the app and it worked again. I think the app is great, it is just dependent on your internet connection

PumpyChowdown

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2007
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
SUNS Maple Leafs Titans Liverpool
I'm using my 3 year old standard chrome cast and picture quality is brilliant ..hasn't missed a beat ..
Didn't realise how good it was until I swapped over to fta which is crap compared to chrome cast..
Standard (old) Chromecast? I didn't this they supported Kayo and you needed the newer model?

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
If it's your NBN going to slow ring your provider and tell them your not paying for something your not getting !! Your trying to run a business from home (wink..wink ) and you will have to find a provider that can give you the service you need ..

Back