Rolling EPL Team of the Season 2018/19

If you're basing it off Salah's recent form to justify dropping him when do you start judging Hazard's recent form as well?

Last 10 PL games:
- Salah: 4 goals, 1 assist
- Hazard: 3 goals, 2 assists

Obviously you can cut stats however you please (no doubt someone will respond to this with pro-Hazard stats..) so I'm not saying Hazard should be out necessarily but if Salah's going to be in the conversation Hazard really should be too.
If a standout CM popped up then I'd switch back to the 4-3-3 and drop Hazard. The way Hazard plays he's the most creative player out of everyone and dribbles through the middle of the park a bit.

For mine, Sterling/Salah/Mane are competing for the 2 wing spots. I wouldn't put any of those 3 in the CAM spot. With Hazard I think I can get away with doing that.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Pogba in a bit of bad form again after his huge purple patch mid season.

Question is which CM is even close to him at the minute? Been a pretty weak season for midfielders.
It happens when some are injured and other teams play the Liverpool style of counter attack, bypassing the midfield all together.

Moutinho and Neves have been great

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Pogba in a bit of bad form again after his huge purple patch mid season.

Question is which CM is even close to him at the minute? Been a pretty weak season for midfielders.

Big fan of Bernardo Silva’s season. Always had the skill but he’s really lifted his work rate this year.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kante should be getting close. Apart from the rusty first couple of months getting used to a new system hes been great.
Lol how you don’t pick up the most biased poster of the year award every year is beyond me!

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Lol how you don’t pick up the most biased poster of the year award every year is beyond me!

I wonder.....:think:

Apart from the start of the year where he was getting used to a new role hes been great. If makes me biased well bad luck i guess or maybe I've just watched him play more times than you.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I wonder.....:think:

Apart from the start of the year where he was getting used to a new role hes been great. If makes me biased well bad luck i guess or maybe I've just watched him play more times than you.
I don’t think you watch anyone else other than Chelsea though? Not sure I’ve ever seen you comment on anything other than Chelsea matches...

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Haha I guess it's not up to you who I put in, you can debate it though.

................................Allison
Wan-Bissaka.....Laporte......VVD.....Robertson
.................Fernandinho.......Kante
................Salah........Hazard.......Sterling
..................................Kun

Laporte is probably the iffy one for me. Rudiger was there earlier in the season but has slipped a bit, Vertongen and Laporte are a toss up. Could have gone with either Allison or Ederson with Kepa snapping at their heels.

The front 4 pick themselves and I've gone with a strong CM as they wont need to get forward much with the attacking talent I have. Pogba has no right being in the team of the year.

I don’t think you watch anyone else other than Chelsea though? Not sure I’ve ever seen you comment on anything other than Chelsea matches...
Wrong tree there imo. That’s a slight you can level at Jodly but not Cheffy

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Haha I guess it's not up to you who I put in, you can debate it though.

................................Allison
Wan-Bissaka.....Laporte......VVD.....Robertson
.................Fernandinho.......Kante
................Salah........Hazard.......Sterling
..................................Kun

Laporte is probably the iffy one for me. Rudiger was there earlier in the season but has slipped a bit, Vertongen and Laporte are a toss up. Could have gone with either Allison or Ederson with Kepa snapping at their heels.

The front 4 pick themselves and I've gone with a strong CM as they wont need to get forward much with the attacking talent I have. Pogba has no right being in the team of the year.
Fair do’s decent team. Don’t know about Kante though, aren’t those two central mids essentially the same player? I’d want a box to box alongside Fernandinho or a creative player with passing ability. Pogba would be the one but he’s dropped off again

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Front 4, Robertson & VVD should be locks in every team at this point. Remainder up for debate, here’s my attempt:

——————-Aguero——————
-—SterlingHazardSalah—-
-————B. Silva—Dinho————
Robertson-VVD-Laporte-Bissaka
——————--Alisson——————

City and Liverpool the clear standout sides this season offensively and defensively, reflected in their representation here.

Attack: The front 4 speaks for itself, currently topping the league for goals+assists.

Midfield: As I said, Bernardo Silva has really impressed me this year not just through his skill but also in his underrated work rate and aggression, particularly in the big games. Fernandinho I think has been named in most sides, the rock who provides freedom to City’s array of attacking talent and the most consistent defensive mid in the league this season.

Defence: Van Dijk deservedly favourite for player of the year imo. He has no weaknesses, and has put together one of the best seasons I can remember by a PL centre back. Liverpool aren’t challenging for the title without him. Either side of him are Robertson & Laporte, again, seems to be consensus on those two too. Robertson arguably the best performed LB in Europe this season. Throw a blanket over Arnold & Bissaka for the RB spot - Arnold better performed offensively, Bissaka defensively (& more durable, playing 8 more games), I’ve gone with the latter.

Goalkeeper: Had a 2 game blip in January that had Bridesmaid tugging himself into oblivion, but aside from that Alisson has been the most consistent and best performed keeper in the league this season.

Robertson is very questionable now after his last month and a half. As is Salah and his minnow beating.
There is NO chance that Robertson doesn't make the team.

Back