• Sydney: Kennedy, Parker, Franklin, Heeney

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • West Coast: Shuey, Naitanui, McGovern, Yeo

Votes: 64 17.6%
  • Bulldogs: Bontempelli, Liberatore, McLean, Macrae

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I completely forgot about Lynch! He'd be in that convo too.
Grimes back this week is huge although Cotchin's absence will hurt. Dusty not so much given his subdued output so far. If Rockliff and Gray don't get up it's close to a 50/50 game imo
I think we'll lose this week personally, missing too much quality and even players we might bring in like Houli and Caddy aren't 100% fit. Backing up with a second road trip in a row can't be great for the players routine and preparation either. I mean we are missing our entire leadership group, 800+ games of experience, it just all adds up for a recipe for a loss.

I think Sydney are beatable though the week after. Hopefully that can kick start some better form.

Not a bad crack at it although Josh Kennedy (WCE) stiff. Has to be in. Have him as the best forward in the comp with J Riewoldt.

If all players were fit and firing, then I think ours is pretty good. 4 premierships, 2 Brownlows, 1 Norm Smith, 2 AFLCAs, 3 Colemans, multiple AAs and BNFs...

ROFL - Jack Riewoldt? LOLOL

Buddy says hi

I think we'll lose this week personally, missing too much quality and even players we might bring in like Houli and Caddy aren't 100% fit. Backing up with a second road trip in a row can't be great for the players routine and preparation either. I mean we are missing our entire leadership group, 800+ games of experience, it just all adds up for a recipe for a loss.

I think Sydney are beatable though the week after. Hopefully that can kick start some better form.
Travelling two weeks in a row?

Oh the humanity

One of the best is fine.

You have him as the equal best. That is ****-ing laughable. ROFL!!!
So going by your carry on, I'm guessing you could reel off at least five better than him. I'm all ears...

Travelling two weeks in a row?

Oh the humanity
Well done on picking one factor out of the few I listed, which means nothing out of context.

I'm not saying we will lose because we have to travel weeks in a row I'm saying that due to a few contributing factors, of which consecutive travel is one of those I'm tipping Port Adelaide will win.

Actually, just one is needed to make your comment false.

And I did that in the original post.

Franklin.
So you can only name one player that you think is a better forward than Jack? Funny how you were carrying on as if you could reel off ten.

And no. An opinion does not make my comment false. Franklin isn’t what he used to be and Jack is coming off a superior season. Franklin’s performances this season have been also rubbish.

You should try actually watching football sometime instead of going off reputations.

So you can only name one player that you think is a better forward than Jack? Funny how you were carrying on as if you could reel off ten.

And no. An opinion does not make my comment false. Franklin isn’t what he used to be and Jack is coming off a superior season. Franklin’s performances this season have been also rubbish.

You should try actually watching football sometime instead of going off reputations.
Ummm yes. Look at you trying to walk your comment back.

Originally: Jack is equal best with Kennedy
Then: Jack is "one of the best"
Then: Name 5 players better than Jack
Then: Name 10 players better than Jack

Your squirming and backtracking is absolutely laughable, as was your original statement.

Learn to admit when you are wrong and improve.

Ummm yes. Look at you trying to walk your comment back.

Originally: Jack is equal best with Kennedy
Then: Jack is "one of the best"
Then: Name 5 players better than Jack
Then: Name 10 players better than Jack

Your squirming and backtracking is absolutely laughable, as was your original statement.

Learn to admit when you are wrong and improve.
No backtracking here. I’m more than comfortable with my opinon that Jack and Kennedy are the superior forwards to Franklin at present.

You seem to be imploding because I called you out on your over the top and ridiculous reaction to what is a widely shared opinion in the football world. You lost all credibility the moment you engaged me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our big 4 would be spine players.

Naitanui, Yeo, McGovern, Kennedy most likely.

When you've got a key forward capable of kicking 80 goals in a year he's in. Ditto Naitanui when he's fit. I know he didn't feature in the finals last year but was massive in the first half of the year in getting us off to a fast start. Could argue Darling over Yeo but he's only had one top season.

Yeo, Shuey, Gaff and the rest of our midfielders are pretty good players but if you were building an ultimate midfield group of current AFL players would any of them make it? I'd probably start with Fyfe and Martin as followers, Dangerfield in the centre and then toss up who to put on the wings. Could easily put Cripps into the middle and any of those guys on to a wing etc. Could easily put together a best midfield and not include any of our guys.

But if you're picking a back 6 and you don't include McGovern then you don't know footy. Plenty of people wouldn't pick Kennedy in their forward 6 but he's close to the mark. Kennedy out of the square and Franklin at CHF would be some combo. Our bookends are our biggest weapon.

In all seriousness probably Grimes, Vlastuin, Nank and Caddy. Higgins, Rioli, Prestia just outside that group
C’mcurrent form it would be Grimes, Nankervis,
I think you’ll find the absolute majority of us were challenging the blatant refusal from Richmond supporters that men down on the bench in both games could have played a part in being ran over the top of late in the games, rather than blaming the losses directly on the injuries.

You lot wouldn’t want to be using injuries as any sort of excuse this year after that carry on, that’s for sure.
Of course both in-game and pre-game injuries can affect the outcome of a game. Less rotations with in-game injuries can also mean quicker exhaustion. I personally don’t like using it as an excuse if the players still on the field are performing badly.

However, injuries are not the only reason to a loss. There are instances where a team would still lose whether or not injuries have occurred. It’s really a situation where both Collingwood and Richmond supporters need to understand and acknowledge both sides of the argument.

No backtracking here. I’m more than comfortable with my opinon that Jack and Kennedy are the superior forwards to Franklin at present.

You seem to be imploding because I called you out on your over the top and ridiculous reaction to what is a widely shared opinion in the football world. You lost all credibility the moment you engaged me.
LOL

s
Our big 4 would be spine players.

Naitanui, Yeo, McGovern, Kennedy most likely.

When you've got a key forward capable of kicking 80 goals in a year he's in. Ditto Naitanui when he's fit. I know he didn't feature in the finals last year but was massive in the first half of the year in getting us off to a fast start. Could argue Darling over Yeo but he's only had one top season.

Yeo, Shuey, Gaff and the rest of our midfielders are pretty good players but if you were building an ultimate midfield group of current AFL players would any of them make it? I'd probably start with Fyfe and Martin as followers, Dangerfield in the centre and then toss up who to put on the wings. Could easily put Cripps into the middle and any of those guys on to a wing etc. Could easily put together a best midfield and not include any of our guys.

But if you're picking a back 6 and you don't include McGovern then you don't know footy. Plenty of people wouldn't pick Kennedy in their forward 6 but he's close to the mark. Kennedy out of the square and Franklin at CHF would be some combo. Our bookends are our biggest weapon.
spot on.

Ive been hearing about the unstoppable Giants or some time now.

And recently the Pies with an unstoppable midfield.

Last season Geelong had the unstoppable midfield.

All a bit of a wank really using the word unstoppable.
Ok.

:rolleyes:Not this again.

In 5 years time Ward and Davis are likely to be gone. Heater definitely will be and a lot of guys will be past their prime. Some 30 y/o players are fine and some are in decline.

The likes of Sam Taylor, Josh Kelly, Brent Daniels, Aiden Bonar might step up, along with last year's draftees. We'll have to wait and see though.
Same goes for any of those above with Richmond being the exception. They managed to win a flag with a group full of role players and their standout 4.

You build a team around Greene, Kelly, Coniglio and Cameron though. They’re all elite in their respective parts of the field. Pretty difficult to have multiple elites in one part of a side’s midfield.

Same goes for any of those above with Richmond being the exception. They managed to win a flag with a group full of role players and their standout 4.

You build a team around Greene, Kelly, Coniglio and Cameron though. They’re all elite in their respective parts of the field. Pretty difficult to have multiple elites in one part of a side’s midfield.
Yeah it's nothing personal. Just the years of constant overhyping. We'll see

Far far more important. Team would be no different with henderson and taylor as bookends compared with blicavs and taylor. Stewart will end up being nearly as good as matt scarlett.
Couldn’t disagree with you more no matter what you argue.

But you’ve never rated Blicavs at all so a rather moot discussion now I think

If GWS can keep those 4 together, they’ll be unstoppable over the next 5 years.
They're odds on to only have 3 of them in 2020.

One thing I noticed in that list is how poor Melbourne's big 4 is in comparison to the rest of that list.

I mean every player in that list is probably A grade, but theirs and Carlton stand out as a bit below the rest in terms of quality. And Carlton would probably be on top if we were seeing doc in full form this year.

I think you have Brisbane's 4 right as of now, but by mid season I'd expect McLuggage to replace Cameron.
Wot?

Viney is pretty mediocre and should be replaced by McDonald in that, but I'm not sure how an elite ruck and two elite young mids is a poor list in anyone's eyes. I'd take those three, regardless of Melbourne's poor start, ahead of the four put up for Carlton, GC, North, Port and St Kilda.

Back