Traded Zak Jones [traded with #56 and future 3rd to St Kilda for #32, #76 and future 3rd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Truly depends if horse plays him as a mid for the rest of the year. Value atm is 16 to 25

Why would it be. We got Jones for pick 16, at that pick he is speculative at best. Jones at pick 5-10 is a sure thing, you know what you are getting and he seems to be becoming a really good player.

Sometimes people really do overrate the draft.
Pick 5-10 is quite reasonable, he is in your best 18 team .

Why would it be. We got Jones for pick 16, at that pick he is speculative at best. Jones at pick 5-10 is a sure thing, you know what you are getting and he seems to be becoming a really good player.

Sometimes people really do overrate the draft.
He wouldn’t go 5-10 if the 2013 draft was re-done. Pick 16 looks like correct weight.

I think GWS might be willing , if one of their academy player is rated top 5 in this year Draft , be flexible one dimension trading is long gone .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If people are willing to give up pick 5 for Jones I am sure I have some things I could sell you too.

Pick in the teens is fair.
This is from someone who supports a team that managed to extract pick two in return for Weller...Yes, I know he was contracted but that was the ultimate in daylight robbery.

First and foremost I hope that Jones decides to re-sign. His age bracket and pace should make him indispensable. If he decides to leave I imagine it would be for a combination of going home to Victoria and possibly a larger paycheck (which would make GWS irrelevant, on both counts). If he does leave, his career form to the end of 2018 probably warrants a pick in the teens (with some scope for further improvement still factored in). If he sustains his early 2019 form over the season, I reckon clubs would be willing to hand over more.

But the Swans should be making his signature a priority.

This is from someone who supports a team that managed to extract pick two in return for Weller...Yes, I know he was contracted but that was the ultimate in daylight robbery.

First and foremost I hope that Jones decides to re-sign. His age bracket and pace should make him indispensable. If he decides to leave I imagine it would be for a combination of going home to Victoria and possibly a larger paycheck (which would make GWS irrelevant, on both counts). If he does leave, his career form to the end of 2018 probably warrants a pick in the teens (with some scope for further improvement still factored in). If he sustains his early 2019 form over the season, I reckon clubs would be willing to hand over more.

Just because one club was stupid enough to do it doesn't mean it is going to happen again.

Also, as you rightly said, it was completely different situation. One was contracted and courted by a club with well noted retention issues. It was a perfect storm.

Also also, how does me supporting Freo make any difference? Is there a semi-serious football fan out there that doesn't know about the Weller deal?

If you get pick 12 you have done very well.

Remind me again what pick Petracca was?

Hang on.. What the hell has this got to do with me asking if Zac Jones between Pick 5 and 10 was a joke?

Based on your quote, are you saying Petracca was pick 2, therefore a player at pick 2 might not turn out as good as he was in juniors, in summary Zac Jones at pick 16 has shown more than Petracca at pick 2 hence Jones should have been a higher pick than Petracca so in result a pick between 5 and 10 would suffice?

If you are then god help you if that's how your train of thought works. If not, please enlighten and expand on above comment?

Pick 2 for Weller and Ballard worth it . Both two also played ok against Fremantle this year .

Last edited:
Hang on.. What the hell has this got to do with me asking if Zac Jones between Pick 5 and 10 was a joke?

Based on your quote, are you saying Petracca was pick 2, therefore a player at pick 2 might not turn out as good as he was in juniors, in summary Zac Jones at pick 16 has shown more than Petracca at pick 2 hence Jones should have been a higher pick than Petracca so in result a pick between 5 and 10 would suffice?

If you are then god help you if that's how your train of thought works. If not, please enlighten and expand on above comment?
Take it easy.
I think he is worth between 5 & 10 & until he isn't my opinion isn't wrong.
Neitger is yours by the way so jyst take it easy.
Petracca though is no where performing like a top 2 pick.

Take it easy.
I think he is worth between 5 & 10 & until he isn't my opinion isn't wrong.
Neitger is yours by the way so jyst take it easy.
Petracca though is no where performing like a top 2 pick.
Wow you're a joke.. no way is he worth remotely anyway around the pick 5-10 mark.

2nd rounder at best. Explain to me what that he has actually done to be even considered a pick around that mark that you think he's worth?

Wow you're a joke.. no way is he worth remotely anyway around the pick 5-10 mark.

2nd rounder at best. Explain to me what that he has actually done to be even considered a pick around that mark that you think he's worth?
Pull your head in, he put forward his opinion just as you have.
I personally wouldn't consider Jones a pick 5 equivalent but from pick 10 onwards there'd likely be a few teams interested in getting him across as he's tough and can break the lines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back