Welcome Welcome to Richmond - Katie Brennan

Remove this Banner Ad

This easily deserves its own thread.

With our AFLW team set to hit the league in 2020 we made our very first signing locking in superstar Katie Brennan for 2 years!

Katie has come across from the Western Bulldogs where she was Captain and one of the leagues dominate players.

What a fantastic signing and drawcard for other talent to want to join the club too.

Welcome Katie!

KB.JPG

KB cotch.JPG

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-04-09/katie-brennan-becomes-inaugural-richmond-aflw-player

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2019-04-09/katie-brennan-press-conference

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2019-04-09/brennan-becomes-a-tiger

Should we pool together and sponsor her - like we have the fella's?
Does the club offer player sponsorship yet for the girls?

Oh - and welcome Katie.
its a good question.

i know some of the other club boards on here have sponsored players from their AFLW team.

Might be worth Wacky Tiger asking the question!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great pick up. Good to see we're starting fast out the gate for the AFLW. Want to see us be very successful there. Build the Tiger Army across all areas.

I've got to get the AFLW early membership. Keep thing I'll do it tomorrow.

And I don't get the joke either.

I reckon there’s a great opportunity to get her and another alfw player with a couple of the guys around to schools and get more kids barracking for the tiges.
I think girls footy could really take off

Welcome Katie! Huge news for the club and the AFLW program. Bring on 2020.

Side note, if you're not into the AFLW, you dont have to comment and spread the hate. I have found most people that hate it, haven't watched it, or watched the first season and made their mind up.

I was watching local U13's in Brisbane, and some serious talent is getting around those year levels. These girls and young women now have a pathway and Katie is a role model for all of those.

Get behind it.

Great pick up. Good to see we're starting fast out the gate for the AFLW. Want to see us be very successful there. Build the Tiger Army across all areas.

I've got to get the AFLW early membership. Keep thing I'll do it tomorrow.

And I don't get the joke either.
The joke for me is that the men's team is struggling at the moment and we need all the talent we can get to play for us! KB is a good player!
So get her on the plane to Port Adelaide ASAP!

It's a great kicking style...one of the quirks of our game like bouncing the ball...that kicking action that gets the foot higher than the head!
It's terrific!

oh right!

i was a bit confused as you posted that on its own, not quoting anything ha ha.

but yeah then i saw your image above too :)

As long as she doesn't knock someone out in a slam tackle or threaten to go the the Human Rights Tribunal (gmab) I'm happy.I don't think the Bulldogs would be happy that she jumped ship after spending thousands on her lawyers either. I don't want to be a wet blanket but she still has to prove she isof good character in my book. Also Ash Barty should come to training one night and help promote us and her.

As long as she doesn't knock someone out in a slam tackle or threaten to go the the Human Rights Tribunal (gmab) I'm happy.I don't think the Bulldogs would be happy that she jumped ship after spending thousands on her lawyers either. I don't want to be a wet blanket but she still has to prove she isof good character in my book. Also Ash Barty should come to training one night and help promote us and her.
Bulldogs wanted her in the Grand final cause she’s a great Forward and one of the best kicks in the game.
Every club would do the same.
Would be more than a couple of reasons to come to the best club in the game.

Bulldogs wanted her in the Grand final cause she’s a great Forward and one of the best kicks in the game.
Every club would do the same.
Would be more than a couple of reasons to come to the best club in the game.
Fair point, the whole Human Rights Commission thing put me offside and shouldn't be used to get off a suspension when you've injured someone. Anyway ,I wish her all the best but no more slam tackles.

Fair point, the whole Human Rights Commission thing put me offside and shouldn't be used to get off a suspension when you've injured someone. Anyway ,I wish her all the best but no more slam tackles.
I think Bulldogs President has a bit of experience in the Legal stuff.

Terrific get! Welcome aboard KB...
Love the kicking style...good old fashion roost...
View attachment 651689
Looks like 1mm more elevation and it's a major injury. ******* remarkable people can lift their legs so high. Should probably try and teach George how to kick through the ball

Great get! My interest in AFLW has until now been restricted to individual players as I wasn't keen on supporting a team other than the tigz. Awesome start to the trade period, looking forward to seeing what other names may pop up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back