Opinion Commentary & Media III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing more shitful than our team performance is having to scroll and skip through all the posts containing a side jab at the club.

Pull yourself together and have your whinge on the applicable thread, no one wants your constant 'put-down humor'.
I do Christian, I do.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Some of us would like to hear an open acknowledgement of missteps and commitment to change, but there are a range of audiences they are reaching and I understand it isn’t easy.
Ask and I shall receive - although there was no commitment to change, and still way too much gloss over 2019 so far, I liked hearing an admission of error.

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
I do buy my Membership, I am actually an Archers Legend Member.

I attend every Melbourne game as well.

But guess what the club doesn’t give a **** about us to be honest. This club has become less about it members and more about it social responsibility and Tassie.

They have my money, but until they start giving a **** about footy and working towards a premiership, I’m not sure they deserve my time.

If we keep on turning up like mindless sheep, then expect the status quo to remain. This club needs a reminder of who pays the bills and why we donate our time and money.

I have never given a **** about how poor we have been in the field, because we have always had a crack and showed spirit. At the moment this list is being held to ransom by a selfish coach that is only there to serve his own self interests and ideals. His development is a fail, his culture is a fail and his playing ideas are a fail.

The crowd will be abysmal on Saturday night. Only our rusted on (myself included) will make the effort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why are we saying its the fault of the new recruits as to why we lost? Im glad Brad admitted he was wrong, but ironically its for all the wrong reasons. Yes, new recruits will take time to gel, but I don't think thats why we lost. They were some of our best performers, it's the rooted, infested plodders we keep out there that hold us back.

Higgins has been less than stellar and only began to spark up on Sunday. Tarrant is so cooked its not even funny. J-Mac played one of the worst games I've ever seen. Ziebells underdone and can't kick for s**t.

Why pin this on the new blokes when its been the usual suspects letting us down? I like what I've seen of all of them, and the draftees, Bailey Scott has played 3 pretty decent to great games.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Certainly agree that the player content is our greatest asset and something we are hoping to keep growing.

It can be a little bit about judging the current climate in terms of angles and sentiment at times. Putting out multiple player interviews this week for example isn't going to be received well, given the on-field fortunes and frustration from fans, so we need to focus on things like VFL performances and those pushing up. It's a bit of a balancing act, as sometimes forcing content can have a negative impact.

A good example of this is how we highlighted Ben Cunnington's performance after the game on Sunday for our full-time Instagram post - it arguably made for a more negative vibe in the comments because it came across like we were trying to soften the blow of the loss.

Will definitely take your feedback on board, as we want to make sure the website/app are constantly ticking over with fresh content.

Thanks again and appreciate the support.
Rob.
Thanks for the feedback Rob.

I think the only thing apart from a sudden form reversal and a top 4 finish is for the powers that be at the club launch a root and branch review of the football department and player group. Another loss or two and this should be on the agenda.

It needs to ruthless and brutally honesty and at the end have some measurable targets and there needs to be some communication with the members about the review process and it's findings.

Things that need to be addressed include:

Team selection - why are in form talented junior players missing out on selection at the expense of apparent favourites who are in woeful form.

Coaching - is Brad the man to lead us forward? Do we need to address weaknesses in the coaching structure and game day coaching. Whatever is happening at the moment doesn't seem to be working and hasn't been for some time. From the outside it appears we're too heavily looking at the sport science aspect and structures of the game rather than being creative and bold playing football.

Do we have a game plan that plays to the strengths of our list?

I'm not as red hot on the criticism of player development as some but this does need to be looked at.

Fitness. We just don't seem to be able to match other teams when they turn up the heat as games progress. Are we fit enough?

Leadership. Where is the leadership and passion from the players? Comments like those from JMac and the inability of our captain to pull out the clutch plays he's capable of are extremely disheartening. These losses and the finish to last year should be burning in the players' guts but it seems like there's a bit of a "she'll be right mate" attitude from too many of the playing group.

I hope you can pass these comments on to those in charge down there.

I love NMFC and it pains me greatly to see the current garbage being served up week in, week out.

Ask and I shall receive - although there was no commitment to change, and still way too much gloss over 2019 so far, I liked hearing an admission of error.
IMHO he's admitting to the wrong error.

Less to do with new faces more to safe places for those entrenched.

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cool. So Thomas, Scott, Tyson out?
Is that what the general gist is?
Thomas and Scott have been developing like quality draft picks should be developing. So let's compromise there development like we've done in the past ten years?

One thing I didn't like about the interview was that he is still searching to find out what the 'best' option is for the ruck situation. "Is it better having goldie ruck the entirety of the game and have another key forward? Or is it better to have a two ruckmen? I don't know I'm still trying to figure it out". Forgive my ignorance, but has he not been trying to work out this formula for the past five years?

Edit. Too many errors when battery was on 2% on the train.

Last edited:
Typical Brad, blames the newbies and the senior blokes get off Scott free. Start looking at Macmillan, McDonald, Zeibell, Goldstein and their pathetic efforts. Consistently setting poor examples and not showing any leadership when things ate not going our way. When is the last time any of those blokes turned a game or stood up when things were going to s**t. All I ever see is heads down.

Grow some balls Brad and address the real issue because all I have seen in the first 3 weeks of the year is the newbies playing with energy and adherence to our suspect game plan.

Drop a couple of seniors and make a statement and set a superior standard for the young players to aspire too because your current crop of leaders aren't much chop. And they aren't your first batch either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back