Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
F@%k yo’ selection night melts, Ian Hannaford not making “The Greatest Team of the Greatest Club” is the worst selection blunder in our 149 year history, I’ll never end this rant, not ever, no way, nope...

I remember when the side was named, there was the opportunity to pick your own side. In the starting 18, Hannaford was the only position I got wrong. I used to work with a guy who played mostly reserves and under age Football under Fos, was a great guy to chat to. He convinced me to put Dick "The Rock" Russell in the back pocket. He was a big Hannaford fan as well.

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
Port v SANFL? It sounds like a Showdown to me...

Haha a mate of mine is in that pic. He lost his leg in a workplace accident, a bloody forklift reversed into him. About a week of being very despondent and then his attitude changed and he is in a really great place now.

Murderball is wheelchair rugby. Would wheelchair footy be the same game?
Pretty much. A handball replaces a kick ie you handball a goal, and a throw replaces a handball so you can pass with a throw. The look just as crazy as the rugby guys.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Pretty much. A handball replaces a kick ie you handball a goal, and a throw replaces a handball so you can pass with a throw. The look just as crazy as the rugby guys.

I was researching it. There is a wheelchair rugby league, too! And it might be more interesting than murderball:

P.S.: This was just posted on YouTube. Apparently, it has happened yesterday in Adelaide:

Last edited:
May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
But SA has the best wheelchair footy team in the country... :)
Must be because the first game was played in SA as per this ABC Adelaide news article from February 2016.

Last edited:
May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Must because the first game was played in SA as per this ABC Adelaide news article from February 2016.

Port has some involvement with it, because I saw the club logo on the video about a wheelchair footy tournament that is currently happening in Adelaide.

Port has some involvement with it, because I saw the club logo on the video about a wheelchair footy tournament that is currently happening in Adelaide.
Just after the 6 minute mark of video of the game between SA and Victoria, AFL Inclusion Manager Logan Whitaker is talking about the championship coming to Adelaide after being in Melbourne for 3 years and says, - involve a couple of new AFL clubs, Port who've been really, really, great supporters of this carnival so far.

I reckon it ties in further the stuff we do with the defence forces and defence families as SA have a few ex military guys playing for them.

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
I was researching it. There is a wheelchair rugby league, too! And it might be more interesting than murderball:

P.S.: This was just posted on YouTube. Apparently, it has happened yesterday in Adelaide:

Yes the national champs are being played at St Clair. Started yesterday and finish tomorrow. I know when the carnival was in Melbourne a couple of years ago Ron Barassi turned up most days.

My mate, #3 for SA, loved the hard stuff when he played for SN and was a decent basket baller as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back