2019 Membership

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You don’t need to do a thing. Simply turn up at the Gabba, scan in like you usually do with your membership card and take a seat in any of the GA areas. We do recommend getting to the game as early as possible so you can get the pick of the GA seats. If you are worried about finding a seat, you can always upgrade your membership to a reserved seat for the game for a small fee.

If you would like to do so, please contact MemberHQ via membership@lions.com.au or 1800 216 885 or jump on Live Chat.
Hi all.

Question regarding my membership (don't know if this is the correct place to put it, but it seemed the most appropriate). I have the 11 game GA membership - do I need to do anything special with regards to securing a spot at the Collingwood game? I assume not but I have never been in a situation where the Gabba is going to be this packed.

Cheers

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi all.

Question regarding my membership (don't know if this is the correct place to put it, but it seemed the most appropriate). I have the 11 game GA membership - do I need to do anything special with regards to securing a spot at the Collingwood game? I assume not but I have never been in a situation where the Gabba is going to be this packed.

Cheers
If I didn't have a reserved seat I'd be getting there at least 40 min before kick off.
someone that is normally in GA would know for sure,

You don’t need to do a thing. Simply turn up at the Gabba, scan in like you usually do with your membership card and take a seat in any of the GA areas. We do recommend getting to the game as early as possible so you can get the pick of the GA seats. If you are worried about finding a seat, you can always upgrade your membership to a reserved seat for the game for a small fee.

If you would like to do so, please contact MemberHQ via membership@lions.com.au or 1800 216 885 or jump on Live Chat.
Does this apply to Victorian memberships as well? I buy a Victorian membership each year along with my season one and promised a mate of mine he can use my spare membership card to get in

To be honest if we keep winning and knowing how bandwagonish Queenslanders are, if we don't get 30000 I'd class it as a fail.

If we keep winning though we will get there. I have mates who suddenly want to go to Lions games

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
To be honest if we keep winning and knowing how bandwagonish Queenslanders are, if we don't get 30000 I'd class it as a fail.

If we keep winning though we will get there. I have mates who suddenly want to go to Lions games
Yep, the 4 former Brisbane Roar supporters/bandwagoners who went to the Port game loved it and said they'll be back for more.

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

And with 3 Gabba home games late in the season the membership numbers should keep rising deep into the season.

Wich side of the Gabba do you sit on to avoid the afternoon sun ... the interchange bench, section 66 side or the side with section 4,5,45 etc on it?

The side doesnt matter as much its the ends. The AFL field at the gabba runs east- west not north-south. So if you want to avoid the sun you sit on the wing or towards the western end of the ground.

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Per the story in the courier mail on the likely sell out for the Collingwood game, memberships are at 25,867 (website hasn't been updated just yet).
Nice one Tom, lets just hope its a real quality match to showcase the game in QLD.
Could be a good match up at some stage between Zorks and Cox, that'd get the crowd going.

Yep, the 4 former Brisbane Roar supporters/bandwagoners who went to the Port game loved it and said they'll be back for more.
Actually had a Roar mate of mine sign up today, to be fair to him he did go to a few games when we were s**t

Does the club release the Vic Membership number?
I can't recall them ever putting figures around it but years gone but they may have made passing mention of it being 'up' on previous years. Would hazard a guess that it might be up this year.

Last edited:
So the target now is the 2010 number - 26,779. And if we pass 26,459 (2006) it will be the second highest tally since 2005.
We'll definitely pass that.

I've always maintained our low membership over the past decade was mostly to do with us not winning many games and to an extent the paddlepop controversy, rather than the Suns inclusion into the comp. This season's tally so far has proved me to be correct all along.

On another note just had a squiz at the ticketmaster site, only 47 tickets left for tomorrow!

Back