Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Not sure. Thompson has played on Betts most times we’ve played them. Also, one of the reasons Betts is struggling is because teams have been playing bigger marking type defenders on him.

Didn't Marley all but shut him down last year?

I have my concerns about his match up.

MinistryOfMajak

All Australian
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Great to see Jed, Zurhaar and Ahern back into the side, but dropping McKay and Scott....Just ridiculous. McKay has been improving week on week and Scott has shown more than enough in his first 4 games.

Wood can count his lucky stars too. Done nothing to earn a recall, he's only in because our forward structure is putrid.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Clearly the best the team has looked on paper this year - pity it has taken this long to get things moving but we are now a better chance to win this game.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Bailey Scott - Out (rested) - Bullshit. Needs a rest after 3 games? Why doesn't Duursma or Lukosius or Walsh or Rozee need a "rest"?
Tom Campbell - Out (omitted) - I've actually liked his effort but he just isn't an AFL CHF. Back up for Goldy? Fine. Replacement for Waite? Nah.
Dom Tyson - Out (omitted) - If he's collateral damage for Ahern in, fine. But I reckon he's the scapegoat for playing "too many new players"- which is rubbish
Ben McKay - Out (omitted) - Yeah. A good kid but has looked thoroughly out of his depth so far.

Mason Wood - In. Has to be in but I hope he's got the message that pea hearted effort are no welcome at this club.
Jed Anderson - In. Noice.
Paul Ahern - In. Seriously, how was this guy not playing? Surely there's more to this than just a stuff up. Potential Gun.
Cameron Zurhaar - In. Ok. Haven't seen anything yet from Cam that's got me rubbing my legs together in excitement but let's have a look at him.

Summary - This is a better team. Would have liked a "statement" call (McDonald on 99 games, Macmillan, Simpkin). The Scott "rest" call looks like nonsense but I'd have Wood, Anderson and Ahern as all "best 22" and Campbell and McKay as not.

My main focus on Saturday is intent. I want to see all NMFC players crashing in like never before. Last week we saw blokes jogging in when a better effort could have smothered a kick, put an opponent of balance, laid some doubt. We looked like losers. I'll handle being beaten by a side who are equally committed but just better. But there's a few blokes in this 22 whose effort last week was below par but they're back again this week. They better perform.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

"Criticism can only hinder"
What a bunch of utter codswallod. Sad, very sad to see a bloke like Archer covering for the club like that.
Surely we are not whinging about these changes? Perennially outraged.

Yes, I'm whinging. Scott being '''rested''' three rounds in, after we supposedly played him while ill? Sounds like one flavour of bullshit or the other to me. No second ruck option so Brown gets to flail in there for 1/5th of the game. McKay, who doesn't even have 5 games to his name, dropped from the backline while half the other blokes, seasoned veterans in awful form, are backed in. I also have almost no faith in the form AND fitness of Wood given what transpired last week, nor am I convinced Jed is anywhere near match fit after playing 3/4 of a game in the VFL after months of lower leg injuries.

Four changes. Two of the outs, dropped not rested or injured, are players we TRADED IN (both of whom have performed better than most of us would have expected!). The other 2 outs are a 4 game KPP who needs experience and a kid who has done fantastically thus far as an 18 year old. Every single one of the 'established' players have been backed in, again.

It's the same old ******* s**t. Playing out of form long term players and bringing in players with question marks over them into the squad. The only un-Brad thing about these changes is the quantity of them.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Ben McKay - Out (omitted) - Yeah. A good kid but has looked thoroughly out of his depth so far..

Harsh.

Cameron Zurhaar - In. Ok. Haven't seen anything yet from Cam that's got me rubbing my legs together in excitement but let's have a look at him.

Was VERY good in the last hit out I saw (VFL praccy v Port), when he & Tarryn almost dragged us over the line in a big last quarter effort. Work rate was improved and he looks fitter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
That Archer tweet has really put me in a foul ******* mood to be honest.
Criticism can only hinder? Really? The rest of the tweet is fine, good even. But that one line just makes it feel like a desperate PR piece from the club.

Hey, he was on the Unicorn board for several years, so what do you expect?

Terrible outs, Scott has left us exposed down back and they have big forwards. Do we do any analysis on the opposition? I mean :straining:

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Golden State, SF 49ers
Could you imagine Brad Scott ever dropping a player like Gibbs? would never happen.

Good midfielders love playeing aainst us, i think they all have career high brownlow votes against us.
Only Jacobs could slow that down.
I can't imagine Brad dropping Turner even if he had no touches for a month. So to answer your question, no I couldn't imagine Brad dropping Gibbs.

osaka mick

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton, 76s, Canucks
I like some of the changes.

I would have put Larkey in instead of Wood. Woods shows no intensity. If he doesnt again, then as far as I am concerned, he shouldnt play....ever. Larkey gives Goldy a chop-out too, which I think is very important. It also saves Brown from doing anything other than playing forward.
I like Cam Zurhaar's effort, but I dont think he does enough.

McKay being taken out saves him against a pretty good forward line, so not a bad move. Need an experienced back line against the Crows. He needs to play 10-15 games this year, so I dont mind him having a game or two out of the team.
Scott being rested isnt such a bad thing. He wont be out for long. The same will happen to Thomas throughout the year too.
I didnt have Tyson in my best 22, and I dont think he will play more than 15-17 games this year. Solid depth player though.

osaka mick

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton, 76s, Canucks
Pruess is making Brad look even stupider if that's even possible.

Unbelievable he didn't play him last year (and Campbell this year) and let him go. For the record I was strongly against it.

Another mismanagement by Brad. It's going to take years to fix what he has done.
Pruess wanted to go, so he left. Sure he has 2 first quarter goals, but he also has no defensive pressure out of the backline. Hard to have 2 key forwards who offer little in that category!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back