Religion Folau

Remove this Banner Ad

Pfft

He wanted out after a year when he realised he was never going to cut it in AFL. Was convinced to complete his obligation of 2 years. Seems not to have realised he was a marketing ploy.

I doubt the ARU push him out, more likley they'll find a compromise. Otherwise there's retirement or very good money in European club rugby.

Is there the slightest chance that Israel Folau will return to the AFL as it seems he is about to be sacked by the ARU and the NRL don't want him back. So unless he gets an offer from French RU he could try and worm his way back into AF. Just saying

Far more likely he will end up back in the NRL given its notoriously low standards and he can actually play that game

Pfft

He wanted out after a year when he realised he was never going to cut it in AFL. Was convinced to complete his obligation of 2 years. Seems not to have realised he was a marketing ploy.

I doubt the ARU push him out, more likley they'll find a compromise. Otherwise there's retirement or very good money in European club rugby.
QANTAS , the major sponsor has sent the ARL a please explain.
The heat is on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should be able to say whatever he believes.

I don't agree with him, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to say it.
He is allowed to say it.

Just as we are allowed to respond that he is a fool and a scumbag.
Just as his employer can fire him for promoting something they are against.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If a muslim athlete said the same thing.....would they get the sack?

This just reeks of opportunistic triggered mob mentality wanting their pound of flesh.

I don't agree with Folau's comments. But this is a guy with strong religious beliefs and freedom of speech is king (at least it should be).

Last edited:

This just reeks of opportunistic triggered mob mentality wanting to their pound of flesh.

I don't agree with Folau's comments. But this is a guy with strong religious beliefs and freedom of speech is king (at least it should be).

Who knows. None have said it.

You say you want freedom of speech but it goes all ways.
It's also freedom of speech not freedom from repercussions. You can't be arrested but people and employers also have the freedom to respond.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This just reeks of opportunistic triggered mob mentality wanting to their pound of flesh.

He his free to say anything he likes but he can expect to be held accountable for his comments.

He may choose to believe in some fractured fairy tale and thats ok but to tell someone who is gay that they are sinners and are going to hell is just blind arrogance.

Folau isn’t criminally judged for his comments - he has freedom of speech

He doesn’t need to face fear of imprisonment - that’s his freedom

There is no rule that others can’t judge you commercially for your speech/actions

The bigger question is whether he is being sacked for his religious beliefs - now that’s a constitutional doozy for which I would not have a bloody clue

Folau isn’t criminally judged for his comments - he has freedom of speech

He doesn’t need to face fear of imprisonment - that’s his freedom

There is no rule that others can’t judge you commercially for your speech/actions

The bigger question is whether he is being sacked for his religious beliefs - now that’s a constitutional doozy for which I would not have a bloody clue

Not constitutional, but in theory it would go against discrimination law and/or the human rights commission.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back