Review Dees v the ScoMo-ites: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Fugly: Even if we win, who wants to watch this team? I have genuinely lost interest in watching us and it’s round 4. Let’s just see some heart.

A parody of AFL football.

Last edited:

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well, we won, Gawn dominated from the second quarter onwards, Hore played alright, Frost somehow did a semi-reasonable job on Buddy again, Preuss fluked a couple of goals, and we recovered from a slow start and managed not to give the game away.

Not a great game to watch, though. Both sides seriously lack in skills and polish - fantastic proponents of the hack it forward and scrap for the loose ball approach. Was a bit worried there in the 4th quarter when the Swans used a bit of width and run from the back line to stream forward for an easy goal that they would realize they could run rings around us, but then they went back to throwing it on the boot to no one. Considering how boobishly our key backs played (OMac was diabolical in the first half, and I've been giving him a fair bit of rope in the first few rounds), can't believe Reid, Blakey and Franklin only kicked one between them. So even though we got a win up and few more things clicked, we're still playing some shite football, but I guess it's at least to be expected when there were so many inexperienced players on the park.

First off, told ya we would win. I know my team like the back of my hand. 😎

Second off, Marty Hore, I owe you an apology, you're better than VFL standard, fantastic game. BOG for me.

Pruessy was magnificent also, didn't get a heap of it after quarter time but he has a massive pressence, was smashing mofos whenever he got the opportunity, reminded me of Shane Mumford. Cult hero worthy.

TMac should roll his ankle more often, best he's moved all year.

Hibbo getting back to better form was nice to see. Fritsch was fantastic.

The Buddy Killer does his job once again, we need to keep Frosty on our list just for the one game a year.

Oscar, I'm done, deadset useless, can't wait til May is fit.

The Good
First game for the year and it’s a win

The Bad
Now I’m stuck in the deadest city in the world to try and celebrate

The Ugly
Having to be on a bus at 5am to be at work by 9

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
The Good
First game for the year and it’s a win

The Bad
Now I’m stuck in the deadest city in the world to try and celebrate

The Ugly
Having to be on a bus at 5am to be at work by 9

.... You start work at 9 am???

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well, we won, Gawn dominated from the second quarter onwards, Hore played alright, Frost somehow did a semi-reasonable job on Buddy again, Preuss fluked a couple of goals, and we recovered from a slow start and managed not to give the game away.

Not a great game to watch, though. Both sides seriously lack in skills and polish - fantastic proponents of the hack it forward and scrap for the loose ball approach. Was a bit worried there in the 4th quarter when the Swans used a bit of width and run from the back line to stream forward for an easy goal that they would realize they could run rings around us, but then they went back to throwing it on the boot to no one. Considering how boobishly our key backs played (OMac was diabolical in the first half, and I've been giving him a fair bit of rope in the first few rounds), can't believe Reid, Blakey and Franklin only kicked one between them. So even though we got a win up and few more things clicked, we're still playing some shite football, but I guess it's at least to be expected when there were so many inexperienced players on the park.

I didn't get much of a chance to watch the game but that was a serious concern for me. Not only did we stop their fire power we managed to score with a lack of good forwards. Thought weid showed some better signs tonight, still not a threat but did some good things and ended up drawing a free kick from a panicked swans defense. Gawn looked like he was back, particularly in the last quarter took some clinch marks. Good to see guys like Viney and Jones play a lot better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes but only because I’m at the footy tonight. Should be a 7am start

Better. Its important that you don't bludge in Sydney, you filthy work-shirking Victorian scumbag.

booshboy

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
well *, that's a relief. The game was won from a pretty clinical 3rd quarter, easily the best we've looked all year- we really choked Sydneys ball movement. Some tin arse goals in the 2nd kept us in it.

The great:
Getting Trac @ $31 for 1st goal.

-Gawn slayed em in the ruck, shame it took the mids so long to take advantage
-Jonesy, that's my boy
- Hoare was awesome down back
- Hunt looked good up forward
- Loved Tracs game
- Salem gets better and better
- Thought Frost did a good job on Buddy

- Sydney being first to the ball all over the ground for the majority of the game.
- Omac was appaling
-Thought we went into our shells in the last quarter, a better side could have ran over the top of us.

Still plenty of room for improvement and a long way to go to get our season back on track but it's a step in the right direction.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
OMac was off for all the last 1/4 surprise surprise we won. Wonder if he was injured or if we were actually trying see the set up without him in it

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Loved Weidy having a quiet game but still laying a few bone crunching tackles and kicking a clutch set shot

Jonesy with 3 and the sealer

Hunt 7 tackles up forward and 2 goals

Also the late out with Hore coming in for Jetta might have been the difference in the game, Hore was fantastic and took a number of intercept marks that we haven't taken all year and used the ball well, stoic in defense

OMAC was diabolical, I've defended you in the past but it's time for Casey

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
well ****, that's a relief. The game was won from a pretty clinical 3rd quarter, easily the best we've looked all year- we really choked Sydneys ball movement. Some tin arse goals in the 2nd kept us in it.

The great:
Getting Trac @ $31 for 1st goal.

-Gawn slayed em in the ruck, shame it took the mids so long to take advantage
-Jonesy, that's my boy
- Hoare was awesome down back
- Hunt looked good up forward
- Loved Tracs game
- Salem gets better and better
- Thought Frost did a good job on Buddy

- Sydney being first to the ball all over the ground for the majority of the game.
- Omac was appaling
-Thought we went into our shells in the last quarter, a better side could have ran over the top of us.

Still plenty of room for improvement and a long way to go to get our season back on track but it's a step in the right direction.
How the * you get $31 on CP5? was only paying $15 on bet easy

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
How did I forget Preuss' first quarter? Absolutely Epic

He's the cult hero ruckman we've been missing since Paul Johnson

EDIT:
117705_1_M.jpg

Last edited:

ExTasDeeMan

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
NYC
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Demons
Watching in bed and Marty kicks the ball out on the full in the last, wake up the missus by yelling "******* Hore". Still he played a good game.

Game felt in hand in the last 10 minutes, most 2018 feeling i've had this season with Gawn clunking in the centre. Having Preuss up forward works great to get the ball to the deck, although still too many wild swings into the 50 (want a mark more often).

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Wasn't perfect but the effort was there as well as some subtle changes. It was against a side that plays a style we're comfortable with and at a small ground which suits our gameplan. Not getting carried away until we win at the G against a couple of genuinely quick sides. Next two weeks at the G against quick sides will decide our fate..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back