Preview Round 4 - Changes/Prematch Discussion vs Adelaide Crows

Status
Not open for further replies.
He MUST be putting Thompson on Walker, and when Walker goes high Thommo will drop off.

I reckon Atley WILL actually go to the backline this week.

View attachment 652411
Would like to see Turner on Betts. Atley switching through half back and half forward. Leaving half forward for Higgins and/or Ahern to chop out the back half for run

dus

Premiership Player
May 14, 2002
Poker Table
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Meh.

Hard to watch our side when there half a dozen blokes I think are pathetic and a coach i think is a campaigner.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lmac tagging one of the prime mids in the comp? He will get exposed even more than he does in the backline.
i can see it now Jmac trying to go with Lynch.

Take a guess how many brownlow votes Lmac and Jmac have between them in their 241 games.

Lavy_Panther

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2005
Mumbai Dustbowl
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Parthiv Patel
Pretty good. Would’ve gone further and gone after LMac but that’s ok. Four changes is probably baseline.

McKay, Campbell and Tyson needed to go.

I would have preferred Bailey to have retained his spot but a little freshen-up won’t hurt him.

Need LDU to play more in the middle this week.

Pruess wanted to go, so he left. Sure he has 2 first quarter goals, but he also has no defensive pressure out of the backline. Hard to have 2 key forwards who offer little in that category!
And at the time Majak would have made playing him impossible unless Goldstein got injured

You need to understand that with LDU having so much of the ball and using it well, there was no opportunity for us to apply defensive pressure which is what Scott measures as success.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
What did you expect? Higgins because he refused to lay a tackle?

I expected at least one of the under-performing senior players (Macmillan, McDonald, Atley, Turner) to be dropped, rather than four new players. I also expected Larkey's VFL form to be rewarded, rather than dropping Wood and then bringing him back in despite the fact he's barely played since. I think "resting" Scott is a complete cop-out too. I agree McKay probably needs a week or two in the VFL to take a few grabs and get his confidence back. Not sure Zurhaar has done enough.

I would have done the following:

Out: Campbell, Macmillan,Turner, McKay
In: Larkey, Murphy, Ahern, Anderson

Simpkin and Ziebell purely forward, Murphy in the role Macmillan has been playing across half back, Atley stays in and is given a lock-down role on Betts.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
All this talk about dropping Lmac and Jmac is probably wanted but who comes in? We have Murphy... that’s it

Well you kind of just answered your question there. Drop one of the guys who is out of form, bring in Murphy who is in good VFL form.

I didn't mind McDonald's defensive work last week so happy for him to be given the job on Lynch, or even a run with role on Sloane. Macmillan's entire role seems to be running around getting cheap touches in the backline, so I'd rather Murphy doing that.

Tyson was a statement
So our statement was a bloke that has played 3 games for us.

We could win this game and I will get f*** all enjoyment out of it because nothing has actually changed.

Nothing.

A statement is dropping an underperforming bloke who has been completely entrenched in the 18.

There is no statement in dropping 2 kids and 2 imports.

It's just reactionary to the fact there is pressure.

ohh_v

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool F.C
The statement I’m getting is that he’s picked the side to win? Tyson was a statement, he was playing as a defensive mid and we were getting slaughtered out of the middle.

If you want to see a statement.. see who our opponent this week dropped.

On form JMac should be nowhere near our side. But he's in the leadership group and our coach doesn't have the balls to do it.

Was thinking about Lindsay yesterday and how his crumbing prowess is missed. We just dont seem to have that at the moment.
Sitting out the back waiting for cheap ones us not crumbing. One of the reason we are where we are is because we waisted over 200 games playing that fraud. It set the scene for the team we have now.

You need to understand that with LDU having so much of the ball and using it well, there was no opportunity for us to apply defensive pressure which is what Scott measures as success.

You know what I measure as success?

Winning.

And if we cant win right now then kids in major roles to learn.

We're 0-3, we should fully commit to playing the kids. As many as we can as often as we can.

Honestly we'd probably win as many games on their backs anyway.

Sitting out the back waiting for cheap ones us not crumbing. One of the reason we are where we are is because we waisted over 200 games playing that fraud. It set the scene for the team we have now.

Yeah, its all his fault.

And Scotts.

At least we didn't waste games on him.

Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
Before the season I marked this down as a schedule loss as the Crows have an 8 day compared to our 6 day break. Suffice to say our form has only fortified my prediction.

On the bright side it's fantastic to see Jed and Ahern back.

glenn2479

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know Brad is really into his golf, so assume Jy and Jamie are pretty good at pulling a golf ball through a straw just before selection night each week.

Like Ahern in but wouldve thought we'd recognised how stunted McKay is already with no senior exposure last year.

So of course the solution was to drop him.

Question re Bailey, do other clubs 1st year kids need to be protected from the rigours of senior football after a month too or is it just ours?
I’ve got it on good authority that Bailey is going house hunting with Real estate advisor B.Scott this weekend.

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How are we possibly complaining about these changes????

Scott has been good, showing great signs, but you are all pleading for Ahern, so what do you want? You can't have your cake and eat it to. You are essentially saying we should drop Simpkin instead but they play different roles. Bailey also could benefit from a rest, EVERY team in the league rests their young players.
The only other option is to drop LDU. Yeah, nah, don't think we would like that either.
Wood comes in because we are extracting the urine if we reckon Campbell is solving anything. Jed for Tyson is ideal, Dom is unlucky but he was brought in to the club as depth. Mckay coming out is purely to suit the opposition. Jenkins and Walker aren't contested marking forwards, he would get exploited for speed.

This team that we have fielded is good, very good. It just needs to CLICK. Imagine if we put together that first quarter from last week for a whole game! All we have done since then is upgrade our 22 with the inclusions. This team is just having teething issues, the tools are there, back them in.

And to those who are actually deciding that they will actively not go to the game on Saturday, pull your head in. That doesn't achieve anything. You don't abandon the club when they need you. That's weak. You reckon we will get to keep the Good Friday game if our fans aren't showing up? If we want the players to show some heart, then we need to do it with them! Get to Marvel if you can!

Go Roos
The only post on here worth reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back