Strategy North in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Take emotion out of it and you would do it in a flash.
The key here is the ‘straight swap’ allows us to keep our first rounder which we could use on a gun KPP.

It would never happen but I :hearts: the fiery number 10 anyways..

If we move forward we have something like this:

B: Williams (28), McKay (24), Vickers-Willis (26)
HB: McDonald (27), Crocker (21), Pittard (31)
C: Polec (29), Davies-Uniake (22), Scott (21)
HF: Ahern (25), Larkey (23), Simpkin (24)
F: Turner (26), Brown (29), Walker (23)

R: ??????, Cunnington (30), Anderson (28)

Int: Dumont (26), Atley (29), Zurhaar (23), Tyson (28), Taylor (22), Murphy (24), Thomas (22)

Throw in a good onballer type from this years draft: Anderson, Rowell, Serong, O'Neill (20), and Josh Kelly heading over in 2022.

I am not pessimistic about where we could be, as long as we can bring in a change of direction. It's a good age spread too.

However, we MUST identify a quality ruckman who will be firing at around that time, so it probably needs to be someone who is a minimum 22-23 to 27 years old now. This should be our next major target (outside Kelly).

With the emergence of LDU this year if GWS said to us; straight swap Cunners for Kelly would you do it?

Nope. One bloke loves the club and is my favourite player. The other has absolutely no passion or desire to be here. He’s had his chance to come to us and declined so he can go and get ......ed. I have not looked at the Josh Kelly thread for over 12 months and have no interest in doing so.

However, we MUST identify a quality ruckman who will be firing at around that time, so it probably needs to be someone who is a minimum 22-23 to 27 years old now. This should be our next major target (outside Kelly).

Braydon Preuss
Australian rules footballer
Description
Braydon Preuss is a professional Australian rules footballer playing for the Melbourne Football Club in the Australian Football League. Wikipedia

Born: 16 June 1995 (age 23 years)

Height: 2.06 m
Weight: 109 kg
Position: Ruckman

Braydon Preuss
Australian rules footballer
Description
Braydon Preuss is a professional Australian rules footballer playing for the Melbourne Football Club in the Australian Football League. Wikipedia

Born: 16 June 1995 (age 23 years)

Height: 2.06 m
Weight: 109 kg
Position: Ruckman

Couldn't run out of sight in a dust storm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back