Suns in the Media - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/92ad5a00e76d03c7c50aae12402acc26

Here it starts. Ralph reckons Jack has delayed talks and wanted to get to Essendon last year but a trade fell through after Shiel nominated Essendon

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...y/news-story/4970c3019d5944901b885714843a344d

Whenever I see any 'controversial' articles from Jon Ralph I think back to this article where he says Swallow was unhappy with Cochranes comments about O'Meara leaving and wanted to 'come back and play in Melbourne'

The bloke just makes up stuff about players. Not to be trusted

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
And Healy's not bad at it either...........from the same article as bb posted above

“And if you get a club which is seemingly in a death spiral, which is Brisbane and maybe the Gold Coast at the present time, it’s hard to see how the death spiral can be arrested".
What!! No mention of Melbournes 50 year drought or the Tiger one Bradbury win in 40 years, hmmm I’m no scientist but that sounds like bullshit

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'd like to think Jack would be open to a two year extension should we have a good year (not entirely sure what he would consider a "good year" though). It's actually in Jack's best interests to sign on for two more years so he can become a restricted free agent in 2021 and control his future.

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.a...3UHl0kCtBZq5eajUeZM_Aju_o0tf-mISH86oRfl87BBTs

Jack Martin details how he will decide whether to stay or leave the Gold Coast Suns
I am very confident he will re sign if we stay on the same path we are on. I don't have the same feeling as Lynch last year. Martin seems alot happier, as the article suggests. It would be a major boost of faith for the team if we did sign on early or mid season though

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
If he goes he goes - the future of this club is bigger than any one player
We can’t do anymore than we have recently to show all the players of the vision and direction we’re going. It was supposedly all doom and gloom when Ablett, Lynch, May, Hall, Scrim left but far from it.
I’d love Jack to stay but I’m not going to lose sleep as we have a raft of young players ready to step up and belong.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
That’s the quote of someone that’s leaving. We will just have to plough on and get an outstanding pick.
Agree, people’s words give you an insight into their thinking and this below says he’s gone. Note the word “they” not us

They are definitely going down the right path,” Martin said.

SunsGal

Senior List
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If you watch Jack's presser at goldcoastfc.com.au he comes across as pretty excited about everything... I think the jouno's are reading too much into it to grab headlines as usual

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agree, people’s words give you an insight into their thinking and this below says he’s gone. Note the word “they” not us

How can he be using the word “they”
That’s seriously disturbing
If you see him around the GC it’s time to challenge him to man up and not wet his bed

I will be

How can he be using the word “they”
That’s seriously disturbing
If you see him around the GC it’s time to challenge him to man up and not wet his bed

I will be

Good pick up, surely he would be saying “we are on the right track” not “they” (past tense) pretty disappointing from Martin if true to be honest but it shouldn’t come as a shock and we’ve got the players to cover him if he leaves. Don’t want him to go but it’s out of our control and only he can make that call.

Haha Bodsy you crack me up mate get the rubber sheets ready.

Last edited:

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Martin also says according to journalist (if you believe him)
“When you look at it now there is a clear vision, a foundation set in place we have set.
“For not only us but generations and 10 years down the track. We are building a good foundation.

I just can't believe what people derive from some journalist quotes.
In the context of the article the part he says they is related to department and Dew actions.
Stars have left and football departments have changed multiple times but Martin said his perception of the Suns had already improved in the past 12 months under coach Stuart Dew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back