Petition to sack Brad Scott

If we win the next 5+ I'll consider that the first three rounds were just a miscalculation.

I still think its reasonable to expect some s**t performances. This is a complete change for the club.

For years we haven't had an outside game or been able to implement one. Its been a huge weakness - our biggest, something we've been crying out for and we all thought they'd finally got it right with our recruiting. Like it or not the last two weeks we have shown more of one than we have for 5 years. Our implementation of it has improved over those two weeks as well. It doesn't matter how many times we say "That's what pre-season is for" you aren't gonna know how things will stand up under proper game pressure until they are put under it. Winning the next two are kind of non negotiable at this point tho - I don't think we should sack coaches mid season but if he wants to see out his contract next year he'd want to win them. If 0/4 looking at 0/5 for the second time in 3 years and looking at losing (in more ways than one) the only marquee game we get isn't a big boot up the arse to get the board moving then maybe they should piss off too.

That said...

I'm not giving up on this season at this point. Five in a row isn't as "typical Brad" as losing r1 but he's done it before on several occasions.

Win those two, beat Port in Adelaide on a Friday night with an outside game coming together and suddenly the season will be looking very good. (There's a lot to overcome to get to that point tho.)

This thread is embarrassing.

It’s what we make fun of being on “*” , Collingwood etc pages - we should be better than this.

A month of bad football and we are a rabble fan base looking for blood.

God help us if we have a Carlton, Melbourne, Saints, GC - esque season or two.

Everyone needs to pull themselves together and try and help the club through this slump!

I’m angry too but for the love of god!

It’s what we make fun of being on “*” , Collingwood etc pages - we should be better than this.

Everyone needs to pull themselves together and try and help the club through this slump!

Lol a month. :oops::straining:

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC

A month? We've won something like 20 of our last 60 games. For better or worse, most of the gripes with Brad have been reasonably long-term, but then the current form has seen a few more fully jump on board. I mean, some of the disrespectful stuff is uncalled for, but it could certainly be reasonably argued that the general sentiment is deserved.

Meh. It's not really that bad a concept. It's not one month of bad football - it's closer to 2 years and the hierarchy have been there for a decade. If 10 years it not a valid sample size for a coaching team then just about every club and every sport in the world is doing it wrong.

Meh. It's not really that bad a concept. It's not one month of bad football - it's closer to 2 years and the hierarchy have been there for a decade. If 10 years it not a valid sample size for a coaching team then just about every club and every sport in the world is doing it wrong.
Patience mate, patience. ..

Yes we've had a bad start, but if one thing is consistent about our side, we can expect a steely resolve that sees us charge back to 8 or 9th. s**t if we get on a roll 6th isn't even out of the question.

What more can you ask for?

Patience mate, patience. ..

Yes we've had a bad start, but if one thing is consistent about our side, we can expect a steely resolve that sees us charge back to 8 or 9th. s**t if we get on a roll 6th isn't even out of the question.

What more can you ask for?

Next I'll be wanting more home games played in Melbourne like the greedy bastard I am.

Next I'll be wanting more home games played in Melbourne like the greedy bastard I am.
I know I'm selfish like that sometimes too.
My goal for the next decade is "expect less".

I know I'm selfish like that sometimes too.
My goal for the next decade is "expect less".

Well then, can I be the first to say, expect to be satisfied.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I'm just glad all the "just trust the club" crew weren't influential in 2007.
This is what I find so staggering, and maybe even hypocritical, about the Archer tweet. Surely without criticism in 2007, we'd be currently playing in Maccas chip packets on that soulless stretch of beach up North.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I think the 2007 situation and the current situation are vastly different affairs.
Oh, yeah, absolutely. The stakes are much different, but even though they are different scales, the point around the value of criticism stands imo.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I think the 2007 situation and the current situation are vastly different affairs.

The core concept is the same.

You can't always assume or trust that the people acting out key roles at the club are knowingly or unknowingly acting in its best interests.

Blind faith has some merit early in a process. But 10+ years into a football program (nearer 12 when factoring in Joyce et al) pushes past the point of just placing blind faith in things suddenly clicking.

And no, suddenly clicking doesn't mean snatching a few random wins, reaching mid-table and patting ourselves on the back saying "well done".

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
A month? We've won something like 20 of our last 60 games. For better or worse, most of the gripes with Brad have been reasonably long-term, but then the current form has seen a few more fully jump on board. I mean, some of the disrespectful stuff is uncalled for, but it could certainly be reasonably argued that the general sentiment is deserved.

I would go back to Rd 9 2016 (except for the Crows massacre at Hobart, Swans Win/ Dogs Win last year) everything else has been a pile of frustration

bendad

Debutant
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The reason it feels different now, at least from my perspective, is due to the direction the club took over the trade period. We made a clear move to bring in experience and move up the ladder. I think most of us enjoyed season 2018 - we played some really good football in the first half of the season. Football that was actually good to watch, with intense pressure, sometimes for 4 entire quarters! Multiple weeks in a row! 2017 and 2018 were genuinely different than the previous seasons under Brad - we cut back the list, went to the draft, and started playing some new players.

We brought in several 100+ game players - Polec and Hall looked like additions we badly needed, Pittard and Tyson looked like depth. It raised some questions about what we were planning, but no real problem if we keep seeing the same good signs from 2017-18.

Then round 1 2019, all the new players are in the side, and we get absolutely flogged for 3.5 quarters of football. No tackling, no answers, completely uncompetitive. It just convinced me, and I think a lot of us, that the new era looked a lot like the last era. All this personnel change and yet the same problems we've seen before.

We all know we'll improve, we all know we'll be mid-table, we all know we'll snag some good wins. But we'll never go beyond that unless something changes in the football department. I think it is time for a new coach, but at the very least it is time for a full review and restructure because what we are doing is not getting us the result we all want.

Paganism mark II

Etihad Stadium, Locker room end
May 15, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The 2 biggest lies in football....

People who say they won’t go to the footy unless the coach is sacked

People who say they are going to stop watching footy because of rule changes.

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
The reason it feels different now, at least from my perspective, is due to the direction the club took over the trade period. We made a clear move to bring in experience and move up the ladder. I think most of us enjoyed season 2018 - we played some really good football in the first half of the season. Football that was actually good to watch, with intense pressure, sometimes for 4 entire quarters! Multiple weeks in a row! 2017 and 2018 were genuinely different than the previous seasons under Brad - we cut back the list, went to the draft, and started playing some new players.

We brought in several 100+ game players - Polec and Hall looked like additions we badly needed, Pittard and Tyson looked like depth. It raised some questions about what we were planning, but no real problem if we keep seeing the same good signs from 2017-18.

Then round 1 2019, all the new players are in the side, and we get absolutely flogged for 3.5 quarters of football. No tackling, no answers, completely uncompetitive. It just convinced me, and I think a lot of us, that the new era looked a lot like the last era. All this personnel change and yet the same problems we've seen before.

We all know we'll improve, we all know we'll be mid-table, we all know we'll snag some good wins. But we'll never go beyond that unless something changes in the football department. I think it is time for a new coach, but at the very least it is time for a full review and restructure because what we are doing is not getting us the result we all want.

Scott has pretty much always used our first pick in the draft. Last draft/ trade wasnt really topping up, it was more like being smart with the resources we had and addressing the issues. Polec allowed us to use a later pick on TT, Pittard sweetened the deal while Tyson is depth but forced upon us by Pruess leaving.

I saw a lot of positive signs this week. Granted that may well end up being middle of the road, but in recent times we've seen teams click and come from no where the season before, to challenge for/ or win the flag. The comp is pretty even other than perhaps a couple of teams, should they get unlucky with injury or form.....who knows.

Last edited:
Back