Training Training Reports 2019

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Just a random thought, with Arden st being a pretty small ground I’m surprised they don’t spend more time working on how to deal with a forward press? I’m sure they do to an extent, but they could really just have a back 6 or 7, use the majority of the rest of the list to clog up space and have 4 or 5 bail out options.

I thought the ground was inch for inch the same size as Docklands?

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Remember Woodson? He once had it confirmed by a player that the infamous Adelaide game was deliberately thrown so they could get the coach out.
Hopefully he's still around and is willing to expand on that after all this time, it would make a fascinating story.

Won’t anyone think of the Bins that were overturned that night by every second poster that was there that night...?

#leave a bin out

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Needs to do it under real pressure like someone threatening to cancel his iTunes account or destroy the s**t jeans he respectfully wore in the Mazda clip with Laidley.

A pair of German Shepherds at each heel would be my preference

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The boys had a very light 1 hour open training session today in front of a couple of hundred school holiday spectators.

Good to see Benny Jacobs out there - slotting 50 m shots with ease and joined in the the warm ups before departing.

Maj jogged laps then took shots at goal.

Of the named team Polec did nothing other than walk around - hope he is not sore.

JZ worked with both the forward and mid field groups.

Bailey was out there.

Of the 2 new forwards this week - Wood and Zurhaar - Wood had 20 shots at goal for 19 1; Zurhaar about 5 goals 15.

The boys had a very light 1 hour open training session today in front of a couple of hundred school holiday spectators.

Good to see Benny Jacobs out there - slotting 50 m shots with ease and joined in the the warm ups before departing.

Maj jogged laps then took shots at goal.

Of the named team Polec did nothing other than walk around - hope he is not sore.

JZ worked with both the forward and mid field groups.

Bailey was out there.

Of the 2 new forwards this week - Wood and Zurhaar - Wood had 20 shots at goal for 19 1; Zurhaar about 5 goals 15.
Polec did the same thing at the last open training session as well. Just walked around.

Great news re Jacobs and Maj.

As for Zurhaar, I hope his kicking at goal does not let us down again.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
1555064806206.png

Remember Woodson? He once had it confirmed by a player that the infamous Adelaide game was deliberately thrown so they could get the coach out.
Hopefully he's still around and is willing to expand on that after all this time, it would make a fascinating story.

To expand on what it is without ‘promising to NOT give away his identity’.. I can only confirm that I wasn’t drunk at the time and the player who ‘fessed up was aware I was grilling him about my suspicions which he confirmed but said not to say anything (identity confidentiality).

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I had a chance to spend a few hours at training today.

First off, Majak looked great. Took part in everything except match sim. Don’t think he’s far off. The boys all got around him a few times so I’m guessing today was another small milestone. His smile is infectious.

Kyron Hayden’s ball use is elite. Loads of talent there. Gets lost a bit in the match sim stuff, but he stands out in the drills. Reckon he should be given a tagging role.

Garner looks a shadow of the player we saw in 2017. He’s had a long lay off so not surprising. Probably a bit underdone.

Simpkin was training like he’s hungry to play.

I was worried when Polec was just cutting laps. Then he went into match sim and was playing as though there wasn’t any issue.

Same with Anderson. The thing with watching Anderson against his teammates that manic attack on the man isn’t as full on so you get to see his class and ability to accumulate. If he adds that to his game then woweee.

There was this moment when Larkey took a contested mark and I was thinking gees good mark, then I looked at Whitecross shaking his head back at the coaches. Reckon he wasn’t happy with McKay who should’ve spoiled.

Any questions?

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Appreciate the report VK. Any hint/signs of a VFL player looking like he's lining up in the 1's?

How was the coffee?

Maybe Dom Tyson, Taylor or Simpkin but honestly they swap bibs so often it’s hard to tell. Really surprised they’re going to name McDonald tonight.

If I were to guess it will be Williams in for McDonald, Higgins for Hrovat.

Back