Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine having to the choice of Rozee, Rankine, Lukosius or Max King and taking Sam Walsh half an hour before trading out another potential pick one.

I mean I know this is the exact problem with hindsight calls, Walsh probably won’t be the best of that group but he absolutely won’t be the worst.

Yet I still just can’t understand passing on Lukosius. It’s as though Carlton believe injecting Walsh and Stocker into their squad is going to launch them into finals or something.

Probably should’ve just gone the Essendon route if they wanted it so bad.

I don’t even know why I’m so mad about it all. I guess I’m just insanely jealous of clubs that actually get to have top 2 picks instead of having them given to expansion clubs. campaigners

What makes you think Walsh won't be the best? Pretty decent chance he could be. Carlton badly needed a Mid. They are pretty well set up for Key Fwds - Charlie Curnow, McKay and McGovern looks like being a pretty good set of Key Fwds. They badly needed some mid depth, so Walsh made sense. The trading of their first pick next year, I'm not so sure about. Stocker had a good U18 year - won the Morrish Medal - (last 3 winners look pretty handy, they were Jack Higgins, Hugh McCluggage and Clayton Oliver). Time will tell on that one.

What makes you think Walsh won't be the best? Pretty decent chance he could be. Carlton badly needed a Mid. They are pretty well set up for Key Fwds - Charlie Curnow, McKay and McGovern looks like being a pretty good set of Key Fwds. They badly needed some mid depth, so Walsh made sense. The trading of their first pick next year, I'm not so sure about. Stocker had a good U18 year - won the Morrish Medal - (last 3 winners look pretty handy, they were Jack Higgins, Hugh McCluggage and Clayton Oliver). Time will tell on that one.
Because it’s one player versus 4 is why he probably won’t be the best. Not really a knock on him, I was just being stupid haha

He could become a great player. But comparing him to Fyfe? The thing that makes players like Fyfe and Cripps so good, is that they are tall - 192cm & 195cm respectively. So when you get a tall player with the athletic ability of a much smaller player, they become incrementally more dangerous. They are athletic, fast, mobile, yet with much greater reach, leap, and weight. Add to that elite skills, and you have an unassailable weapon!

Rozee is only 185cm tall. Still a good height, but needs to be compared with players of a similar build and style. Early signs are good that he, along with Butters & Duursma, are going to be real gems!

you mean like wanganeen?

Stuey Dew kicked 6 goals on 5 occasions but never kicked 5 goals. Love quirky stats like these.

Weird to look back and know Dew had a 50 goal season. Impressive numbers.

Post 2007 we only have three 50 goal seasons I think, Tredders 09, Schulz 14, Wingard 15?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, don't see it. Rozee would have kicked that goal in the '13 GF.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

846a9f1f-3d54-4f46-bcd3-8e6ae38f9edf.png
[/QUO
TE]
Listening to Ollie’s interview, the concept was thought up by Chad C and Hammer . JMac’s memory will live on with the younger players as the older players retire. It’s the things a player does that might not be noticed by others but eg when the coaches code the games they see the one percenters, even picking up amate when he has fallen and other things etc. playing total footy too.

This probably could go in 2 or 3 other threads, but looks like Connor has grabbed the marketing guys attention to make him the face of this new development. Dont buy water from the SMA sounds like the message.

Last edited:
This probably could go in 2 or 3 other threads, but looks like Connor has grab the marketing guys attention to make him the face of this new development. Dont buy water from the SMA sounds like the message.

Should encourage every Port supporter to use these and take another bite out of the SMA. $4 water is ridiculous in any event.

Should encourage every Port supporter to use these and take another bite out of the SMA. $4 water is ridiculous in any event.
Try $5.10. Gabba is $4.80, Perth Stadium $4.50, SCG $5.50, Docklands $5.00 and MCG $3.30 as per the SMA's submission to the parliament Select Committee.

Yet another reminder that water is (already) free at AO if you go to a bar.
This will never sink in for 50% of people, who either don't believe it or don't want to line up at a bar. These stands are at least a very clear visual indication which should reach another 10-20% of the stadium's water purchasing population.

This will never sink in for 50% of people, who either don't believe it or don't want to line up at a bar. These stands are at least a very clear visual indication which should reach another 10-20% of the stadium's water purchasing population.

And you don't need to line up. No one has ever had a go at me for pushing through the line just to get water. Geez.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back