Preview Round 4, 2019: St.Kilda v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 14th April, 3:20PM AEST *BLUE RIBBON CUP*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 57 69.5%
  • Hawks

Votes: 25 30.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he knock someone on their ass against the druggies
Yes, Stringer was brilliant but he seemed to have little presence last week and he's been unusually fumbly with the ball. He has always struck me as being very clean with his disposal.
Could be just a little out of touch.

Training was good again today.

Max King getting much more involved, I'd say before mid-year he'll have played VFL.

Pretty disappointing in the club to not select Stuv again this weekend, especially after Richo was banging on about him being selected last Friday before the Freo game (He said that Stuv would miss v Freo but straight back in the week after). Stuvvy trained fully today.

Hanners is training. Modified program. The club has tried to get him going at full pelt but his body has broken down twice before, so they are getting him back to a reasonable level again and slowly increasing his workload so he can sustain it for the rest of the year. Still a while away. I was told he won't play until the second half of the year. Pretty poor choice of words by Richo to say they are rebuilding him. To put it simply, Hanners is probably at around 75% at the moment. They want him obviously at 100% so slowly building him towards that.

There was a bit of match-sim stuff as usual. A lot of work done on entry. Only probably saw 1 or 2 bombs into F50 from the 30 minutes they did it.

No real concerns to report. Coffield looked good but I think the reason now that he is missing from the seniors is he needs to just understand the way we want to play a bit better. There were a few times he didn't take the right option and the coaches called him out on it. He'll learn though no issues there.

Longer trained, looked good! But I think Marshall has probably gone past him to be honest. If Ro continues his good form I can't see how Longer breaks into the side.

Long, Parker, Lonie looked good in the forward drills. They all hunt the ball carrier so incredibly well - exciting to watch.

I think that's it. Plenty of confidence about the group. They reviewed the game earlier in the week and it pretty much came down to missed shots. All indicators pointed to a win, so whilst it's tough to lose, it looks as though they've focused on what went well and I reckon we will have a good showing on Sunday afternoon.
Good post George

Max King getting much more involved, I'd say before mid-year he'll have played VFL.

Pretty disappointing in the club to not select Stuv again this weekend, especially after Richo was banging on about him being selected last Friday before the Freo game (He said that Stuv would miss v Freo but straight back in the week after). Stuvvy trained fully today.

Hanners is training. Modified program. The club has tried to get him going at full pelt but his body has broken down twice before, so they are getting him back to a reasonable level again and slowly increasing his workload so he can sustain it for the rest of the year. Still a while away. I was told he won't play until the second half of the year. Pretty poor choice of words by Richo to say they are rebuilding him. To put it simply, Hanners is probably at around 75% at the moment. They want him obviously at 100% so slowly building him towards that.

There was a bit of match-sim stuff as usual. A lot of work done on entry. Only probably saw 1 or 2 bombs into F50 from the 30 minutes they did it.

No real concerns to report. Coffield looked good but I think the reason now that he is missing from the seniors is he needs to just understand the way we want to play a bit better. There were a few times he didn't take the right option and the coaches called him out on it. He'll learn though no issues there.

Longer trained, looked good! But I think Marshall has probably gone past him to be honest. If Ro continues his good form I can't see how Longer breaks into the side.

Long, Parker, Lonie looked good in the forward drills. They all hunt the ball carrier so incredibly well - exciting to watch.

I think that's it. Plenty of confidence about the group. They reviewed the game earlier in the week and it pretty much came down to missed shots. All indicators pointed to a win, so whilst it's tough to lose, it looks as though they've focused on what went well and I reckon we will have a good showing on Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for the report mang.

Any truth that Steven & Cho have had a falling out?

I am glad the club is being conservative with Stuv. I'm sure the club want him playing as much as I do, but I appreciate that our club is able to take the long-term view, and/or the compassionate view, at a time when we would love to bank another win.

Won't say signs of a strong club, but one of a strengthening club.

I really hope Jack is ok.
If we can pull off a win without Steven, Carlisle, Roberton and Hannerberry i will be utterly stoked and you would have to think we have turned the corner as a club.

We’ve got to stop even thinking about Robbo and Hanners.
We had neither last year and it’s pretty likely we’ll have neither this year.
We have to get our wins without them. If Hanners does get to play consider it a bonus.
Even to a lesser extent, Stuv, as it’s obvious his season is going to be interrupted.
We have to move on and hopefully upwards with the players we have, hope they take their opportunities when the spots open up.

Last edited:

Typical that the coach would review the game and just blame our goalkicking! He really has no idea!
Obv bad kicking at goal doesn't help but the muppet didn't think to have look inwards to see things he could have and should have done differently!

Once again Mr Nice guy decides to throw his players under the bus again! Yes all indicators pointed to a win, except for the significantly displeasing
Deadshit driving the bus!
Fast challenging Mark Neeld and David Moyes as the worst leader of men i have ever had the displeasure to witness!

Typical that the coach would review the game and just blame our goalkicking! He really has no idea!
Obv bad kicking at goal doesn't help but the muppet didn't think to have look inwards to see things he could have and should have done differently!

Once again Mr Nice guy decides to throw his players under the bus again! Yes all indicators pointed to a win, except for the significantly displeasing
Fast challenging Mark Neeld and David Moyes as the worst leader of men i have ever had the displeasure to witness!
Not very often he puts his own hand up

Neeld Drum Watson Richo

Thanks for the report mang.

Any truth that Steven & Cho have had a falling out?
Nah rubbish.

Bit of an overreaction...I don't know what the review entailed, all I know is that indicators from the review pointed to us winning comfortably. But if you want to pot the coach again I guess that's up to you.

Entry does not mean 2 sticks, entry means 2/3 ground and how you enter to score, so don't be blaming coaches because you fail to understand how a ground is segmented. On the last instance, pretty much spot on really, we lost by 5 points and had 5 more scoring shots, we nail less than %50 of those we we auto win that game despite sucking the fat one in Q1 for a fair chunk.

I fail to see what you are up in arms about so vehemently outsie of just hating for the sake of it.

Pity about Steven, but what's done is done. Hopefully he'll be okay for the Dees. After defending Kent last week, I do believe he's in the last chance saloon fir this game...no tackles against freo is pretty damning. For the sake if the team I hope he gets it together fir this match. Great to see Long in...a bit of rage well directed will hopefully keep the ball locked into our half. We need clean disposal and quick legs. Now, I have used the word "hopeful and hope" several times...it's what I'm running on for this one. Agree a bit with some other posters that we have too many similar type players in the team, but we are a work in progress, not a finished article and I've enjoyed watching the structures hold up with the team we've got. If we can be cleaner with the ball, we'll be thereabouts...but hopeful for a win 👍

Great report George thanks for the update! Its a shame to hear about Hannebrey, as long as the club are confident they can get him back to 100% again? There is no doubt we should have won the game against Freo but goal kicking was only one part of the cause eg Dunstan being the scape goat. Anyway it gives another player an opportunity and I hope against Rattens old club we will have the edge in the coaching stakes?

You do realise that there are a bunch of assistant coaches. Not everything is about richo. Why dont you put your ideas and comments into the roasting richo?

Potting the coach in every thread is annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Entry does not mean 2 sticks, entry means 2/3 ground and how you enter to score, so don't be blaming coaches because you fail to understand how a ground is segmented. On the last instance, pretty much spot on really, we lost by 5 points and had 5 more scoring shots, we nail less than %50 of those we we auto win that game despite sucking the fat one in Q1 for a fair chunk.

I fail to see what you are up in arms about so vehemently outsie of just hating for the sake of it.
If you review that game the only thing your coming up with is Goalkicking then you belong in the same box as the Cho!
'' Fail to understand how a ground is segmented " lol...That is gold!
The only thing sucking a fat one for a fair chunk is our non accountable coach who fails to look past any other possible reasons why we were
5 goals down to an ordinary side in the first place because of the same boring defensive mindset and negativity he installs in the side!

Yeah Mr Superfly i just love getting off on Hating for the sake of it! :rolleyes:

Nah rubbish.

Bit of an overreaction...I don't know what the review entailed, all I know is that indicators from the review pointed to us winning comfortably. But if you want to pot the coach again I guess that's up to you.
Yes i do choose to pot the coach again! Cos it's up to me!

The same coach you had us all convinced was on the way out because of a player revolt! Spare me the sanctimonious Hypocrisy!

Yes i do choose to pot the coach again! Cos it's up to me!

The same coach you had us all convinced was on the way out because of a player revolt! Spare me the sanctimonious Hypocrisy!
I never said that, but anyway, aren't you guys bored of it by now? We were a kick away from being undefeated so far this year.

I come on here to post about what happened at training and what one player said about the review, and you blow it way out of proportion.

Take it to the Richo thread, people are here to discuss the lead up to Round 4.

If you review that game the only thing your coming up with is Goalkicking then you belong in the same box as the Cho!
'' Fail to understand how a ground is segmented " lol...That is gold!
The only thing sucking a fat one for a fair chunk is our non accountable coach who fails to look past any other possible reasons why we were
5 goals down to an ordinary side in the first place because of the same boring defensive mindset and negativity he installs in the side!

Yeah Mr Superfly i just love getting off on Hating for the sake of it! :rolleyes:
I think he said "they" as in all the coaches, mate.

Anyways...

I never said that, but anyway, aren't you guys bored of it by now? We were a kick away from being undefeated so far this year.

I come on here to post about what happened at training and what one player said about the review, and you blow it way out of proportion.

Take it to the Richo thread, people are here to discuss the lead up to Round 4.

You guys could get a Hellenic Odd-couple act going for the comedy festival next year. I'm seeing George as the neat freak one and Malaka the dude who sleeps on the couch.

I am not ECO about our club, but am about Robbo, Hanners and Paddy. What will be will be with those guys. Anything beyond what is happening now is a bonus. And I’m feeling a bit that way about Jack Steven. Poor bloke possibly has other issues and if that is the case then privacy and confidentiality is right. And if it is just injury or lack of condition. Good. He’ll be right soon.

At least we are not flogging our blokes like Sydney do for example. Plenty of guys in the seconds itching to have a go, and we are keen to see them when the time is right. Reckon we are a big chance to knock the Hawks off. We have been ok against them recently. Looking forward to winning.

Just on the Ins and Outs.

I’m a very average footy expert but we lost center clearance by heaps and over half their score was kicked from stoppage.
Perhaps Dunstans been drop because he couldn’t/didn’t do his role well enough? I think there was footage of him standing next to the player who kicked a goal from stoppage twice.

Looking forward to having someone (long) actually lead up the ground in transition. Think we have lacked that a bit this year.

I just want to see Clark play more midfield & with Dunstan’s ommision we’ll likely see just that. Plonk him in there & give him a full game in the guts!
Yep and Acres needs to really step up. Plays to his potential and Spook wont get back in.

I think since they have dropped Dunstan then he should be playing for Sandy to help him get some form . There seems little point in dropping a player then having them hang around as an emergency. To me that is a strange decision.

Don’t Panic !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back