Can we afford all of De Goey, Grundy, and Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Grundy is our best midfielder, star midfield my foot , we are playing yuk.

Collingwood are irrelevant without Grundy. Said it late last year and again during the preseason. Collingwood wouldn't be a top 8 side without him. Best ruckman in the game, best player in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly.

Let's get 2 first rounders for him.

🤣🤣🤣
Na, lets be totally unrealistic and get also a second and three quality players thrown in as well

Lol.

Are you saying we would be fine without Grundy?

If so, you are completely delusional.

Depends who replaced him, maybe our midfield would have a better chance if their ruckman wasn't feeding the opposition so easily

He gets a lot of taps, but you would think if your ruck was winning the hitouts 58-6 or whatever it was, with our midfield the clearances would be well in our favour? So whats going wrong?

Also doesnt kick many goals for a big guy, hell all his goals are probably from taking the ball out of the ruck

He is a dominant ruckman in terms of hitout stats, but he is incredibly overrated

Depends who replaced him, maybe our midfield would have a better chance if their ruckman wasn't feeding the opposition so easily

He gets a lot of taps, but you would think if your ruck was winning the hitouts 58-6 or whatever it was, with our midfield the clearances would be well in our favour? So whats going wrong?

Also doesnt kick many goals for a big guy, hell all his goals are probably from taking the ball out of the ruck

He is a dominant ruckman in terms of hitout stats, but he is incredibly overrated
I have no idea what Grundy has done to you or your family, but can you not accept he is in the best 2 ruck men in the game and almost also plays as an extra mid?

We have a great track record of not losing players, can't see Grundy leaving for cash money. I don't think the lure of home is that great for him?

Channel 7 suggesting post-game that Adelaide will be coming for Grundy offering $1M a year x 7 years. Suspect we would have to match the 7 years.....not so sure we will offer that sort of money, but Richo (I think) said we'd just have to bite the bullet.

I have no idea what Grundy has done to you or your family, but can you not accept he is in the best 2 ruck men in the game and almost also plays as an extra mid?
Dont feed the troll

He might be, but plenty of teams can win premierships without gun ruckmen and if that Bulldogs bloke is an idea of the competition, its not hard to be one of the best these days.

But this thread is asking can we afford he and De Goey and its pretty simple, De Goey is the far more valuable player and if Grundy can get 7 years at a million +, I say send us some draft picks Adelaide because no one is worth that!

He might be, but plenty of teams can win premierships without gun ruckmen and if that Bulldogs bloke is an idea of the competition, its not hard to be one of the best these days.

But this thread is asking can we afford he and De Goey and its pretty simple, De Goey is the far more valuable player and if Grundy can get 7 years at a million +, I say send us some draft picks Adelaide because no one is worth that!
I am not sure if you are trolling or not.

However, to answer the question of this thread, there is no doubt we can afford to keep both.

I will just say to you that if you really dislike Grundy that much, you may have to find another team, as he is here long term.

I am not sure if you are trolling or not.

However, to answer the question of this thread, there is no doubt we can afford to keep both.

I will just say to you that if you really dislike Grundy that much, you may have to find another team, as he is here long term.

I don't dislike him, I just think he is overrated and I'm not the only one that looks past the 50+ hitouts and notices them not going to advantage.

I don't dislike him, I just think he is overrated and I'm not the only one that looks past the 50+ hitouts and notices them not going to advantage.
It was stated in another thread but his hit out to advantage was 29% (which is apparently top 3 in the league).

So you have a bloke with that many hit outs and is top 3 in the league for hit outs to advantage. Then add his clearances.

Some might say the best player in the game.

Me think you might have to find another argument (agenda)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back