Preview Round 4, 2019: St.Kilda v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 14th April, 3:20PM AEST *BLUE RIBBON CUP*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 57 69.5%
  • Hawks

Votes: 25 30.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t really agree about the guys in the seconds itching to have a go . Well they probably are but not too many players in the seconds have been playing that well seeing as they have been getting thumped so far . They need to be killing it for Sandy before they come into contention to be in the ones they imo.

Don’t Panic !!
What are we round 2 vfl. Not much time for them to "kill IT". Considering their standard is so hard to watch, NO ONE IS REALLY GOING TO STAND OUT.

Prestia's first game for Richmond was 28 touches, 5 tackles and a goal…

Difference is, Prestia is a midfield star, Kent is a forward depth player from a team that has barely won a game in 10 years.

I don't mind Kent on the list, but he doesn't have runs on the board so if his form isn't great he should be playing VFL… he's looking everything like a pick 65 trade at present.

FP is a difficult position to play and would have been impossible last week against Freo. Im happy to give him another week but he has to start showing some forward pressure this week.

This game has now become massive in many ways , we need this win to keep the momentum going as well as the confidence.
I like we have only made one change but it blows me away Steven is not playing , the guy must have a injury.
Dunstan would be devastated after a tough preseason to be in great shape and then being dropped 3 games in , they must be looking for more leg speed in the middle.
This would really rock Dunstan , but now it's up to the younger guys to step up.
Gresham now has to really take the game by the scuff of the neck and really be damaging and become the match winner for us, of course we need more than one and this is where Acres must really come of age as well.
I still feel we have a better team than the Hawks but we really have to win this game with authority.
The one thing I'm likely is the selectors are being ruthless , Dunstan is really seen as a leader at the club , but if they see a players form is not up to scratch they will make a move.
Once again our forwards will have to put there hand up and Parker , Kent , Long , Lonie will have to get on the score board , it can not be left to the usual guys like Bruce , Membery and Gresham to score because they need help.
The better Parker , Kent , Long , Lonie play heat gets taken off of Bruce and Membery.

I expect us to win by at least 6 goals , but as we know they have to be on the game from the outset or it could go the other way.
We lose this game all of the good work so far thus season would of been wasted.

Saints get the job done.

Not a fan of the changes.
We have taken out a strong, inside mid which we don't have enough of and replaced him with another small forward.
Lonie, Kent, Sinclair (who has been played in the fwd line), Parker, Long.
Thats just way too many of the same type of player.
Good opportunity for someone to put there hand up for his spot. Got feeling long will spend a fair chunk in the with sincs and acres.

This game has now become massive in many ways , we need this win to keep the momentum going as well as the confidence.
I like we have only made one change but it blows me away Steven is not playing , the guy must have a injury.
Dunstan would be devastated after a tough preseason to be in great shape and then being dropped 3 games in , they must be looking for more leg speed in the middle.
This would really rock Dunstan , but now it's up to the younger guys to step up.
Gresham now has to really take the game by the scuff of the neck and really be damaging and become the match winner for us, of course we need more than one and this is where Acres must really come of age as well.
I still feel we have a better team than the Hawks but we really have to win this game with authority.
The one thing I'm likely is the selectors are being ruthless , Dunstan is really seen as a leader at the club , but if they see a players form is not up to scratch they will make a move.
Once again our forwards will have to put there hand up and Parker , Kent , Long , Lonie will have to get on the score board , it can not be left to the usual guys like Bruce , Membery and Gresham to score because they need help.
The better Parker , Kent , Long , Lonie play heat gets taken off of Bruce and Membery.

I expect us to win by at least 6 goals , but as we know they have to be on the game from the outset or it could go the other way.
We lose this game all of the good work so far thus season would of been wasted.

Saints get the job done.
An at least 6 goal win is a crazy expectation. I expect a tough contest, I reckon hawks get up if JOM plays, and we’ll get up just if he doesn’t. Will likely be close either way

What are we round 2 vfl. Not much time for them to "kill IT". Considering their standard is so hard to watch, NO ONE IS REALLY GOING TO STAND OUT.
They only played one VFL game but have play about 5 or more preseason games , so a lot of guys have had a chance to show there wares.
I'm really keen to see Marsh come good because I really feel the guy could be a game changer for us.
Having a mobile big guy would be great to have in the team - imagine having a Gilbert who is faster with a good kick.
We do have Clavarino and King but they really are another season away.

Good opportunity for someone to put there hand up for his spot. Got feeling long will spend a fair chunk in the with sincs and acres.
Dead right someone has now been given a opportunity and I hope they do - I hope Gresham takes Dunstans spot in the middle.
Forward line of
Parker - Bruce - Kent
Long - Membery - Lonie

Tipping Aaron Naughton and Connor Rozee wouldn't be able to fully enact cho's game plan either if they were on the list, they'd probably be down at Sandy working on their deficiencies too if we'd drafted them.

Not that we'd ever now because that idiot Trout would have looked at all their skills and mistaken them for being a flog. In Trout's world if the kid sings in church choir it doesn't matter if he's vision impaired and has knees made of paper.

How does Dunstan get dropped after 20 touches and 8 tackles when Kent has 15 and none. It’s not like we have much pressure for midfield spots with Stuv staying out
They play different positions. We were destroyed in Dunstans area which is clearances.

They play different positions. We were destroyed in Dunstans area which is clearances.
Basically they know our midfield needs improving so they moved the least effective play in the midfield - Gresham just slips in.
It was always going to happen , just hope Gresham cements his spot in the middle now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically they know our midfield needs improving so they moved the least effective play in the midfield - Gresham just slips in.
It was always going to happen , just hope Gresham cements his spot in the middle now.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they run Hunter against Worpol when he goes into the midfield. It would be ideal for him to get a go against a former team mate.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they run Hunter against Worpol when he goes into the midfield. It would be ideal for him to get a go against a former team mate.
It would give him a singular focus too. He is probably still getting a bit lost at stoppages so by giving him a direct opponent to beat, it might simplify it all for him and help him use his natural instinct.

Yes would be a good chance for him to have a go at a kid his same age , Dunstan out with Steven is really changing our midfield - suppose they had to try something.
I know one thing on Sunday JOM is going to feel the effects of Steele's tackling and if Gresham and help feed the ball out of the middle with Hunter we will have a very good day.

I think acres is a good kick of the ball, in fact I’d back him in over most of our list in both distance and accuracy on goal.

The short field kick has got me scratching my head, you kick to the player presenting if he presents short the kick is short etc. Mybe I’m not getting it, anyway I agree he can appear a bit laconic at times but he has his fair share of tackles he had 4 last week and averages 3.

Re: Short kick. He has a habit of putting way too much air under the ball for a 15-20 meter kick, giving the opposition enough time to contest it.

Whereas Dunstan is quick to a ground ball, has great recovery and second efforts, while being a long and penetrating field kick. I mean, Dunny can't even handball properly.

I think The Cho plays Dunny as a mid in the hope that he'll one day improve to the level of mediocre.

Yes actually, Dunny is much better at attacking the ground ball and giving second efforts. From what I've seen anyways, Acres best games have always been as a link up player.

Yes actually, Dunny is much better at attacking the ground ball and giving second efforts. From what I've seen anyways, Acres best games have always been as a link up player.
Dunstan has been dropped because they realize we have to improve in that area and why play him when you have Gresham crying out for more time in the middle.
Having Marshall , Ross , Steele , Gresham gives us a very mobile midfield with Hunter , Acres taking spell's in the midfield - looks like we are getting better ball users in there and they are all young.

Selection aside, all signs point to i50 delivery the likes we haven’t witnessed in years.
A solid training session as reported by George of lowering the eyes and the composition of the named midfield has me salivating.
I’ll back Steele to negate JoM and allegiances parked, will be quietly cheering when Roughy runs out.
The last 4 games they’ve scored 87 whereas we’ve only surpassed that mark once in the same period.
Expecting us to obliterate that score on Sunday.
Go Saints.

Last edited:
True , i forget Sandys season started later than ours.

A Hamill - 2 weeks

At least he earns $36,000 each week regardless if he plays or not. Thanks lethers :thumbsu:
If we are only paying 95% who cares who gets the money. Actually I’d rather him than overpaying some guys. The only reason it will be a bad trade is if he doesn’t get fit. Now isn’t important. We aren’t playing finals imo but we may in a year or two and that’s when we need him

If we are only paying 95% who cares who gets the money. Actually I’d rather him than overpaying some guys. The only reason it will be a bad trade is if he doesn’t get fit. Now isn’t important. We aren’t playing finals imo but we may in a year or two and that’s when we need him
Can’t call it at this stage it’s way too early, plus wasn’t there a lot of talk early about how good he had been for the team at training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back