Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

on a more important note,
i am not doing the trek up to Elizabeth tomorrow for West Adelaide vs Centrals,will be at home watching WINX
And you’ll love it
I’ll be in Sydney tomorrow.
4 group 1s and Winx.

My kind of heaven.
Can’t wait.

I always enjoy the Sydney autumn carnival.

Someone should look at the stats of when Cox takes his marks. It must be close to 75% of his total career marks are taken in the 4th qtr

You talk about momentum in games, that moment when Cox passed off in the 4th, and completely fvct it, inexplicably, infruriatingly, was the momentum shifter for us. When it happened I thought we were stuffed. As it turned out I reckon it fired Cox up, made him want to make amends for the mistake. His efforts, the smother, the contested marks, the front and centres. That won it for us in the end. If you f ck up at least make good. Cox did.

Needs to focus on having an impact rather than being a smart arse and patting Caleb Daniel’s Head.

I didn't like this either. It's disrespectful. The hysterical laughter and celebrations was funny. The head pat too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't like this either. It's disrespectful. The hysterical laughter and celebrations was funny. The head pat too much.
Yep I know I’ve reserved the old hair ruffle for situations where the person on the receiving end has done something to absolutely deserve it. It’s a huge mark of disrespect and Cox, much like Cam Mooney who tried it on in the early 2000’s, should probably focus on his own game before carrying on like he’s god’s gift to AFL.

Would’ve rightly been a lot of criticism brewing if his late game inability to execute a kick that an Auskicker could probably nail had cost us the match.

I missed the 4th quarter; golf season opened today. From the first 3 quarters I was not impressed except for some good bumps to clear space. What happened in q4?

And the head pat was bush league unless there was something between them from earlier in the match.

I missed the 4th quarter; golf season opened today. From the first 3 quarters I was not impressed except for some good bumps to clear space. What happened in q4?

And the head pat was bush league unless there was something between them from earlier in the match.

The usual, opposition tire so they cant double team him or jump as high

That and our team looked a lot fitter and ran out the game better meaning it opened up and we got more ball and more space. Oh and they decided to actually kick it forward instead of wasting 5 minutes playing a handball drill on the wing

s**t delivery for the most part gave him no chance, apart from the tap on and his contested marks my favourite was the smother, bloody important smother too, this bloke is the real deal guys, yes he will make blews but who doesn't? Showed again tonight he can be relied upon when the whips are cracking.

Big guys don't get any smaller late in games

Do you think it's a coincidence the 3 best horses in Australia over the last 10 years have been mares? Or do you think they might be getting a leg up from the hormones they're given to keep them out of season?
The good colts get retired to stud at three. Winx was bog average as a three-year-old. Ok, that’s unfair, she won a Qld Oaks but some ordinary horses have also achieved that.

Horses like All Too Hard, Zoustar, Pierro... they just don’t race very long.

6 contested marks in a useful performance
Another monster game in the next couple of weeks I’m tipping

I think we underrate how significant that contribution was. For perspective guys like Josh Kennedy, Jaryd Roughhead have never taken 6 contested marks in a match. Guys like Tarrant, Pavlich and Jon Brown only managed it twice in their careers....

The good colts get retired to stud at three. Winx was bog average as a three-year-old. Ok, that’s unfair, she won a Qld Oaks but some ordinary horses have also achieved that.

Horses like All Too Hard, Zoustar, Pierro... they just don’t race very long.
The blue blood colts have always been sent to stud early, maybe even more so in the old days with no insurance - poor vet services.

Got around to the highlights on youtube. Loved that tap to advantage that went about 25m late in the third. Highlights also showed him with a good contested mark later on...

One thing I like about him though is he is rarely not doing anything when the ball is nearby, he’s making leads, throwing bumps, flying in for tackles. It’s obvious he wants to succeed, even if he drops sitters sometimes. The bump to set Stephenson free late in the 3rd is what I mean; sure the goal probably comes anyway, but by taking the defender out he made it much easier.

You talk about momentum in games, that moment when Cox passed off in the 4th, and completely fvct it, inexplicably, infruriatingly, was the momentum shifter for us. When it happened I thought we were stuffed. As it turned out I reckon it fired Cox up, made him want to make amends for the mistake. His efforts, the smother, the contested marks, the front and centres. That won it for us in the end. If you f ck up at least make good. Cox did.

His last quarter is what needs to become the norm, his rest of the game (Q1/2/3) needs to become an off night rather then most nights. If he can do that then he will become a premier KPF.

The last quarter he was the dominant big man and helped win us the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back