Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind the station. Kane and Andrew Hayes are not bad. The 4pm show is reasonable. I just go to the podcast when anything interesting comes up.

I found it quite amusing during the week when Blighty & Wildy were talking to Cornes Snr on the Sportsday show and complimenting him on raising two fine sons when Cornes replied that Kane is quite ‘self absorbed’. Now we actually know this to be correct but found it a strange thing for a dad to say about his son, especially when you look up the true meaning of the word and it is less than flattering.
I just found it a very strange comment to make

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I found it quite amusing during the week when Blighty & Wildy were talking to Cornes Snr on the Sportsday show and complimenting him on raising two fine sons when Cornes replied that Kane is quite ‘self absorbed’. Now we actually know this to be correct but found it a strange thing for a dad to say about his son, especially when you look up the true meaning of the word and it is less than flattering.
I just found it a very strange comment to make

not really strange.
Chad said years ago he couldn't believe anyone would give Kane an opportunity to work in the media given how much he dislikes people.

It's well known around Adelaide how much the divorce of his parents affected him and he's still quite bitter about the freddy mcguiness situation..

Last edited:
not really strange.
Chad said years ago he couldn't believe anyone would give Kane an opportunity to work in the media given how much he dislikes people.

It's well known around Adelaide how much the divorce of his parents affected him and he's still quite bitter about the freddy mcguiness situation..

Aaah the Freddy McGuinness situation......yes I had forgotten about that. I think Kane is just a bitter human being full stop. I’m wondering how popular he is now within MFS after Lucy went on social media and called them out for the alleged bullying.

Aaah the Freddy McGuinness situation......yes I had forgotten about that. I think Kane is just a bitter human being full stop. I’m wondering how popular he is now within MFS after Lucy went on social media and called them out for the alleged bullying.

Let's just say if their house is ever burning, they'll be in a little trouble.

And that is an odd comment from Lucy considering l read last year her comments Kane has a thick skin and it takes a fair bit to upset him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Caught 2 minutes of Saturday morning sports show with Studley and KG. Was excruciating. Arguing over the pronunciation of one of their sponsors.

Add Knuckles and it becomes like that old Wednesday night Fox Footy show where they wheeled out Bobby Davis, Lou and KB for an hour of dismal repartee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane can be a decent analyst when he wants to be, but geewhiz, he always has to throw in some comment that makes him come off as a bitter campaigner.

Like yesterday on the Sunday footy show, he's recapping the Saints/Melbourne game and showing how the Dees didn't go in with a key defender and didn't pick enough guys in defence who were quick enough to handle the smalls the Saints have. Starts highlighting poor efforts by Jordan Lewis and then has to throw in a jab about Lewis playing "to top up his retirement fund". Even one of the hosts asked him if he had a personal issue with Lewis to be throwing that line out there.

Jack Riewoltd with a great dig at Cornes just now on 360

Speaking re "some media commentators making comments about Lewis and playing for his Superannuation, I think some media commentators have short memories of their own careers".

Adds to last week hearing, and I can't remember who said it" but on radio a players saying that Cornes is the media person they most disrespect (cant remember the full wording either but was to that effect very clearly)

Kornes really should be looking for his next career, because only a matter of time Hutchy cuts him loose. Sure he chases headlines, but as a low interlect goose, he won't make it long term.

He is an embarrassment to himself & his family.

Kornes really should be looking for his next career, because only a matter of time Hutchy cuts him loose. Sure he chases headlines, but as a low interlect goose, he won't make it long term.

He is an embarrassment to himself & his family.
He is good click bait tho and willing to play the acidic fool. Exactly what Hutchy wants.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kane is right about Lewis in regards to slow and being on his way out, im not sure about his retirement fund as i guess thats pretty big already, but there are plenty of players that do play purely on money, clubs dont like to talk about it, players deny it till they are blue in the face but the reality is for a lot of them it $400,000 playing AFL or its $150,000 in the real world, anyone with a sensible mind is going to milk that one for all its worth because your retired for a long time. I bet Kane's motivation for the media is not only because he loves the lime light but also because his pay packet is 3 times the size of what he gets being a fireman

Kane openly admitted he quit the MFS to go into his cushy media gigs - something about 'I realised I had to support my family....' which is basically code for 'I can make more money in the media'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back