Autopsy After R4 embarrassing loss, is 2019 already over?

Remove this Banner Ad

He is so stagnent on game day, Howard could have been tried forward, you would think Ken would have learnt something from last week.

But that is Ken Hinkley all over - totally bereft of any lateral thinking and inspiration. He has to go but I cannot see how that will happen. While we have Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber running the show we are headed for unmitigated disaster.

After R4 embarrassing loss, is 2019 already over?

I have always said after 5 rounds you have a very good idea about where you are as a club.
This is going to be another wasted season with kock and hinkley overshadowing this club.
I have lost how many times i have called season over in the first few weeks and it is not that we cant make it as a club it is all about who is driving the thing.
hinkley is not an afl coach he owes it to port to step aside and do the things he does best and allow someone with fresh ideas to rejuvinate this club.

But that is Ken Hinkley all over - totally bereft of any lateral thinking and inspiration. He has to go but I cannot see how that will happen. While we have Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber running the show we are headed for unmitigated disaster.
That's the frustrating thing, nothing we can do but watch our once famous club sink.

2019 was over before the year started.

2019 is all about blooding the youth. We have 4 great prospects and possibly 1 or 2 more to come.

The coach though has cost us8 points already this year.

That said losing today just highlighted how far we are off the mark. Imagine if we played a full strength Richmond, today at the G.

The lions loss today also puts our brave loss last week into perspective.

Sadly we’re pretty s**t this year but 2021 looks good if we blood the youth.

I knew the result last week. I knew the result all this week. I new the result 5 minutes into the game. And I knew the result with 3 minutes to go.

Not once did I actually think we would win. This club is rotten.

Co captains gives us the best chance to win.

It is not so much that they chucked out 149 years of tradition but that the Club told us the move would 'increase our chances of on field success'. We were fed total bullshit and we knew it was bullshit when Jonas, Hinkley and Thomas were saying it and that makes me angry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprised with result, but so disappointed with the lack of direction from Jonas & Ollie!

As pointed out in an earlier post our co captains are B- to C grade players when it comes to talent, and I will add that in my opinion they appear more worried about their own games than they are in showing any on field leadership.

Man I was so excited when we hired Bassett. I thought he would bring the footballing nous and the discipline back to Port and fix the defence. How silly was I!

I'd like nothing more to see the back of Hinkley but it won't happen this year. We're stuck with him.

The decision by Koch and co to give Ken a big extension will burn forever.

What worries many of us is, it may not happen next year either.

I really think we have to get rid of both Koch and Hinkley.

ARGH... the most frustrating thing about our club is that everyone can see what the problem is bar the very people who can who actually matter.

The right thing to do is kick Hinkley out the ******* door, after 5 sentence re-writes i couldn't think of anything other than kick the campaigner to the curb.

In the last few years we've really only been consistently good at one thing - setting up behind the ball.

Everything else has been extremely inconsistent.

This coaching group has one string to their bow and no answers anywhere else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back