• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

We could still save some of these new players. He has to.go before he ****s them as well.

When west coast destroy us next week we have to part ways or we need to prepare for 3 more years of mediocrity.
The club honestly can't afford 3 more years if it.... they were in damage control over the co captains announcement, if things get worse he's gone I reckon,

lol if Schofield was named Roy Laird or Nathan Bassett, everybody would have said he was s**t before a game had been played, and he would be getting shitcanned now for our clearance numbers v Richmond reserves. Instead he is ready for the top job.

Truth is the guy is probably hopeless. Why else would he come here.

Maybe because his son is about to start playing here ? Maybe see's the senior gig being available soon.

Best coach outside the AFL by a fair way the last few years.

Jarrad Schofield has spent 4 rounds as an AFL assistant coach. Hinkley spent 9 seasons as an assistant, Clarkson and Adam Simpson spent 3 each. Even the youngest coach in the league, Brendan Bolton, spent 5 years as an assistant at Hawthorn.

As much as we all laud Schofield as some sort of messiah, he hasn't been around an AFL coaching box nearly long enough to be a candidate in the unlikely scenario that Hinkley gets sacked this season. Brett Montgomery or (hope not) Michael Voss would be far more likely to get the nod.

It was a flippant remark but I'm actually a bit on board with Hinkley to DoC until contract expiry. There are some things he's great at, probably things he doesn't really get to do as senior coach.

- All the Geelongies loved him as a development coach, so he could do a bit of that as needed
- Ear open for the new senior coach to vent with during their adjustment to senior coaching (I feel that was what Hart was to Hinkley)
- Mid week pressers and such
- Maybe (?) a place on the selection committee. Maybe.
- Trips to the APY lands, involvement with the womens and indigenous teams
- Opposition analysis, send him around the country to try and break opponents
- Part of the `wine and dine' crew to lure players to Port, he's probably superb at that

Pretty sweet gig, but its all stuff that someone has to do, so why not Hinkley while we're paying him anyway

Nah, that makes way too much sense.

Where is this trigger year stuff coming from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is a disgraceful thread by some young punk called iwish. I was at the game and to lay this down after an enjoyable game is a low point of the big footy intelligensia. You are just feeding to the usual frothing sharks. It is early early days for any football observer. Credit to richmond but to lay it down on the coaches is beyond my comprehension. The only thing obvios iwish is that you are a babe in football terms. Saw jack at the game and he would be aghast at this being port adelaide supporters. You are possibly asking jack who and that is probably the depth of your footy background. Just to reshash hinkley has a contract of what 3 years. Their was no mutterings near me after the game about the coach. The negativity at times is just amazing. You have just added to it.

this is a disgraceful thread by some young punk called iwish. I was at the game and to lay this down after an enjoyable game is a low point of the big footy intelligensia. You are just feeding to the usual frothing sharks. It is early early days for any football observer. Credit to richmond but to lay it down on the coaches is beyond my comprehension. The only thing obvios iwish is that you are a babe in football terms. Saw jack at the game and he would be aghast at this being port adelaide supporters. You are possibly asking jack who and that is probably the depth of your footy background. Just to reshash hinkley has a contract of what 3 years. Their was no mutterings near me after the game about the coach. The negativity at times is just amazing. You have just added to it.

Years of this same crap, Typical Hinkley performance. He needs to go.

Back