Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was keen on Pittard in his draft year and I thought he had as much upside as any of our recruits. He has genuine defensive craft. He knows how to fill holes and get to where the ball is - unlike most of our regular defenders. He reminds me of a more polished Dean Laidley. He's a lock for the rest of the year.

The kick to Higgins between two Hawks defenders was pinpoint. I was right behind it and thought it was gonna get chopped off but it was weighted perfectly.

For a bloke with a reputation of dodgy foot skills he’s been excellent so far.

The thing that polarised Port supporters when it came to Jasper (I personally loved it) is that he would go for the most damaging kick out of defence every time, risk be damned. When it comes off, like the example you're referring to, it looks brilliant. When it doesn't come off, it costs you goals. His footskills have never been bad, but at times his decision making got him into trouble. His reputation came from the fact that it's usually the risky decisions which don't come off that would stick in people's minds.

In 2016 it was coming off for him just about every time and he played well enough to make the AA squad. Over the last couple of years it was starting to come off less and less, and it became a vicious cycle in that every turnover would lead to a visible drop in confidence which would then just lead to more turnovers which would then lead to more drops in confidence and so on and so forth.

From reading this thread and reading the interview with Jasper himself it seems like the fresh start is starting to give him back that confidence which made him such a quality player in 2016. I hope he keeps it up. I don't have much time for the other bloke who found his way from my club to yours last year but I genuinely wish Jasper the best, he's had a rough time of it the last couple of years and it'd be great to see him enjoying his footy again.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The thing that polarised Port supporters when it came to Jasper (I personally loved it) is that he would go for the most damaging kick out of defence every time, risk be damned. When it comes off, like the example you're referring to, it looks brilliant. When it doesn't come off, it costs you goals. His footskills have never been bad, but at times his decision making got him into trouble. His reputation came from the fact that it's usually the risky decisions which don't come off that would stick in people's minds.

In 2016 it was coming off for him just about every time and he played well enough to make the AA squad. Over the last couple of years it was starting to come off less and less, and it became a vicious cycle in that every turnover would lead to a visible drop in confidence which would then just lead to more turnovers which would then lead to more drops in confidence and so on and so forth.

From reading this thread and reading the interview with Jasper himself it seems like the fresh start is starting to give him back that confidence which made him such a quality player in 2016. I hope he keeps it up. I don't have much time for the other bloke who found his way from my club to yours last year but I genuinely wish Jasper the best, he's had a rough time of it the last couple of years and it'd be great to see him enjoying his footy again.
Mate we Have Jmac and Lmac in our backlie, kicking, Pittard looks like Hurn compared to those 2.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Im not sold on Pittard, he only looks okay because our defence has been on the rocks! His stats are certainly misleading, has an effieciency of 80% however he gives a handball to opponents under significant pressure which ultimately leads to the ball going back to the centre. You can also see this by his avwrage metres gained at 270m.. essentially 5 long kicks when our defence has been under siege every week thus far. Doesnt lay tackles, has a s**t hair cut and s**t bumper stickers. Im not sold!

Out of Lmac Jmac and himself, he is the better of the 3 but still not good enough imo

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Im not sold on Pittard, he only looks okay because our defence has been on the rocks! His stats are certainly misleading, has an effieciency of 80% however he gives a handball to opponents under significant pressure which ultimately leads to the ball going back to the centre. You can also see this by his avwrage metres gained at 270m.. essentially 5 long kicks when our defence has been under siege every week thus far. Doesnt lay tackles, has a s**t hair cut and s**t bumper stickers. Im not sold!

Out of Lmac Jmac and himself, he is the better of the 3 but still not good enough imo
If you are looking for an echo chamber you won't find it.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Whaaat? So the coach made him turn it over? Have a spell mate
No mate. Bad decision. But you are sitting by the laptop hanging for a mistake. Literally handball down the line most d50 exits from kick outs. So clearly direction by the coach. Executed poorly. Still our best defender by the length of flemmo straight.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No mate. Bad decision. But you are sitting by the laptop hanging for a mistake. Literally handball down the line most d50 exits from kick outs. So clearly direction by the coach. Executed poorly. Still our best defender by the length of flemmo straight.

Im sitting in the medallions smashing beers in absolute ******* disbelief!

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Unforgivable? jmac does that every time he touches it.
I dont forgive Jmac! Please dont think I at one moment think Jmac deserves his spot! Jmac and Lmac out before pittard! ....... however, pittard did redeem himself but he has to get that lazy handball s**t out of his game! He wasnt our best defender, Tarrant and Thommo were but he did his job in the end

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
DuckYeah waiting for Pittard to make a mistake so he can post in this thread.

giphy.gif

Back