Review Rd 4: Port vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only one who thinks that wines has been a liability since returning? I feel like our midfield structure has copped it after around two because of him
An inconvenient truth, but it is the truth. I honestly would prefer to replace him with an outside player like Mayes or the 2019 iteration of Karl (once fit), who can actually kick a football. We've shoehorned too many inside mids into the side, and it ain't working.

An inconvenient truth, but it is the truth. I honestly would prefer to replace him with an outside player like Mayes or the 2019 iteration of Karl (once fit), who can actually kick a football. We've shoehorned too many inside mids into the side, and it ain't working.

Kick a football... like the way SPP roosts the leather off the pill when doing a patented dump kick?

Unbelievable that the difference between what we expect and what they accept as a performabce and deliver is so large.

Unbelievable that they think that being "competitive" in a game like that is acceptable that "being right there at the end" is acceptable.

No sugar coating it that was an absolute ******* disgrace. Anyone associated with the club in any way that does not think so can gtfo right ******* now.

1555159518333.png

Could not get to first two games ..
Oh geez Club sent an email saying they missed me ..
Don't worry about me .. worry about the players not performing, send them a bloody email.:Do_O
Because they are not performing .. :thumbsdown:

Don’t know if it’s worth anything but Dimma was doing tight handball drills with his players after they ran out.
When was the last time we saw Ken do anything like that?
Our players don’t love their coach like I saw Richmond with theirs.
They love him but it's vastly different. They love Hardwick because they respect his toughness, ruthlesness and leadership. Our guys love Ken because it's safe and cosy in the bubble for them.

View attachment 654063

Don't worry about me .. worry about the players not performing, send them a bloody email.:Do_O
I am sick of going week in, week out, to supposedly get them over the line.
What a load of crap.

Ryder is much more effective when there’s another target up forward for the oppo to worry about, which you know, there wasn’t. It’s tough going for any player when the pack forms.
He and Westhoff and Wines needed to bring some balls to ground though. Some of the one vs one outmarking early in the last quarter against Wines and Westhoff in particular was a bad look. Wines got pushed off the ball very easily in one particular contest.

He and Westhoff and Wines needed to bring some balls to ground though. Some of the one vs one outmarking early in the last quarter against Wines and Westhoff in particular was a bad look. Wines got pushed off the ball very easily in one particular contest.

I thought Dougal getting pushed aside by Hipwood last week was weak, Ollie's was worse considering his size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 654063

Will the club be sending Justin Westoff an email for missing the last 3 games ?

Burton cost us that game with the late push on Lynch. Absolutely unnecessary. Sure, they're not always paid - but my heart was certainly in my mouth even before the whistle went.

SPP then tried to one-up him by trying to reverse the Houston shot on goal late.

Twat grimes took a dive which Umpire saw

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How many ******* games is that now, at Adelaide Oval, where in a close game, all we ******* do in the last quarter is bomb it blindly to the forward line, dominate the inside 50's, don't take marks, our little blokes have no ******* idea how to get front and centre, and if they do, they want to handball rather than kick on goal, and then the oppo get the ball down the other end and get easy goals out the back because we have to press up too bloody far up the ground, and * up, or our defenders are too slow, or too dumb, and get caught out and they kick easy goals.

I put it at, at least 23 games at AO since 2014.

I'd love to know the stats on which team has lost the most games as favourites the past 4 years. I know we've got to the point where we just assume we'll lose as hot favourites but surely we'd be miles ahead even of the next worst offender on a table of the 18 clubs.

Not going to comment on the game here, but just say that as a long time Richmond fan, I feel your pain at losing a 'sure thing'.

For your sake, I hope this gives the players/coaches/etc a kick up the arse and they lift from here on.
I still don't understand why it was a sure thing in the first place. I still tipped Richmond despite your outs. We have been cooked for almost 5 years.

The only surprise out of this game, was the margin wasn’t under 6 points and the double goal being the difference. It’s all that stops it from going from yet another close loss to joining one of the ‘classics’ we’ve managed against West Coast (more then once) and the Showdown (non-)goal debacle.

If we ever get both Broadbent and Hartlett both back, then I’d push Houston forward. Not because he’s bad down back (he’s our best defender this year), but he’s the only one I trust ball in hand having a shot on goal.

Gee whiz Paddy Ryder was soft tonight. So ******* soft.

If a pipsqueak small is going to block your run and take a mark in front of you, put your ******* knee right through him.

Has zero physical presence up forward, and sadly, the big Chuck wagon is a long way away to help with that.

Gee whiz Paddy Ryder was soft tonight. So ******* soft.

If a pipsqueak small is going to block your run and take a mark in front of you, put your ******* knee right through him.

Has zero physical presence up forward, and sadly, the big Chuck wagon is a long way away to help with that.

Hes not the only one. Bonner again too.

However tonight was all about our failure to defend Lynch and the constant kicking to their numbers in defence.

Same old stories from all of our previous losses in the last 5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back