Ben Brown Staging

Remove this Banner Ad

when does the heat start to come on Ben brown for constant antics like this Goodes and rance were rightly called out on similar incidents but the big roo seems to be immune from the same media scrutiny

North outplayed us, we are a train wreck. This isn't about the result.

This is about the fabric of the game and the umpires are destroying it.

Brown flops constantly and is rewarded. He gets a free for being a weak piece of s**t in the ruck.

Bloke runs into the back of Talia, and the umpire calls a block. How? Talia can't disappear, he didnt change his line, he just stopped. Now we can guess his intention was to take contact but if we applied that across the code then deliberate out of bounds would be paid almost always.

The AFL needs to stamp out this s**t not only to save the game from becoming a soccerlike product but also to safeguard the umpires on game day. If you know that you might get a goal tonight for a flop but youll be on the sidelines next week then it'll stop the behaviour quickly.

How anyone can respect a Brown or a Rance or Selwood is beyond me, they are essentially just cheaters and seek to destroy the game.

As a North fan, I don't like it. One bit.

But let's be serious for one moment. Several teams in the top tier contain players who play for frees at every single stoppage.

So get off your high horses.

Personally I hope Brown gets back into just taking good grabs on the lead and converting.

And there is no reason why he should be competing in ruck contests. Not his game.

when does the heat start to come on Ben brown for constant antics like this Goodes and rance were rightly called out on similar incidents but the big roo seems to be immune from the same media scrutiny

Yeah, remember when Lindsay Thomas was the only player in AFL history to duck/shrug to get high contact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How anyone can respect a Brown or a Rance or Selwood is beyond me, they are essentially just cheaters and seek to destroy the game.

please take Selwood out of that statement.

He is as courageous as they come and a great leader....your club could do with a tough captain like him leading by example instead of clown trying to be tough by using a power stance.

Hard to take Brown seriously as a player when so many of his goals are absolute gifts from the umpires. Absolute stain on the game with his staging.

Yeah, this isn't new. He's constantly flailing his arms in marking contests to give the impression he's being massively impeded. It'd only be a minor annoyance if the umpires didn't pay them so often. At one point last season he had 42 free kicks in marking contests with no other player above 25.

Meh. B grade forward. Zzzz.

Not a chance, that's a planned stage, as soon as he felt hands on him he was ready to go and Brown should cop a lot of flack for it this week (its not like this hasn't been building) but its no worse than some of the stuff Darling did as he was finding his feet. I still don't like Darling as a player but you can't fault his progression and imo Brown will be the same. Will still be a great foward once he reins back on the bull shite and trusts more to his strengths.

Hogan was bad for this aswell. I've always hated it because I don't think you can just spontaneously decide to flop. I think you have to either feel you can't beat your opponent or merit or it's pre meditated. It shows a lack of confidence to win the contest.

Once you expect the umps to help you become half the player

4 goals, 3 from soft free kicks about 10m out.

For 3 weeks we listen to North supporters complain that he is getting manhandled, AFL respond and go too far the other way it seems.

All he does is lead out at the ball, jump and throw his arms out like he's been pushed or held, he is slowly losing my respect.

He won't get fined though, the AFL say adding mayo is fine.

That said, even with the Mayo I don't understand how it's a free kick.

Brown will cops heaps of s**t this week for his massive diving efforts tonight.
Bombers will be happy, the umps will over-correct no doubt, and Brown will probably struggle to get anything next week.
Remember when Gieschen called out Lloyd for going to ground too easily on the lead? He didn't get a number of legitimate frees for a few weeks after that.

Daniher has a tendency to look for frees like Brown, yet doesn't get the same preferential treatment for some reason. Just not as good an actor, I guess.

Mason Cox is another. He's a man mountain yet the tiniest push can send him sprawling. Apparently. Rewarded for running under the ball.

Remember when Gieschen called out Lloyd for going to ground too easily on the lead? He didn't get a number of legitimate frees for a few weeks after that.

Daniher has a tendency to look for frees like Brown, yet doesn't get the same preferential treatment for some reason. Just not as good an actor, I guess.

Mason Cox is another. He's a man mountain yet the tiniest push can send him sprawling. Apparently. Rewarded for running under the ball.

Daniher always looking for frees in marking contests is one of the most annoying things he does.

Goes to ground playing bambi instead of a second effort.

Brown should at the very least get a fine for this nonsense, stamp it out ASAP before everyone starts doing it.

Selwood oiling up his arms and deliberately slipping them high isn’t the same thing as the Brown staging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back