Serie A 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Another loss for Napoli overnight... we have been largely awful since mid-December. That Liverpool loss which led to our CL exit seemingly killed the squads spirit.

This core has been good the last few years but its run its race now - i think we were hoping Ancelotti could revitalise it but it just hasn't worked out. Squad overhaul needed! Only untouchables this summer imo are Meret, Koulibaly, Fabian, Zielienski and Milik.

The race for final CL spots is going to be good over the last few weeks. I think Inter will hold on to 3rd, but 4th place is coming down to 5 teams.

Coppa Italia final between Atalanta and Lazio is live streamed on Serie A YouTube at 430am AEST

Hopefully Atalanta win, they've been fantastic the last couple of seasons, a trophy and top 4 would be an incredible return for them, but also something to show for their great run too considering they've historically been a yoyo side who hasn't won anything aside from the 1963 Coppa.

Coppa Italia final between Atalanta and Lazio is live streamed on Serie A YouTube at 430am AEST

Hopefully Atalanta win, they've been fantastic the last couple of seasons, a trophy and top 4 would be an incredible return for them, but also something to show for their great run too considering they've historically been a yoyo side who hasn't won anything aside from the 1963 Coppa.

I didn't read this til the morning. I slept through the game anyway. Woke up a few times to check the scores but that's it. Bloody good effort getting 15,000 fans down from Bergamo. Lazio sturggle to fill their stadium as it is so that was a sight to behold. Fans were still signing and chanting post-game when the players and Gasperini went to thank them for traveling and supporting them despite the result.

I didn't read this til the morning. I slept through the game anyway. Woke up a few times to check the scores but that's it. Bloody good effort getting 15,000 fans down from Bergamo. Lazio sturggle to fill their stadium as it is so that was a sight to behold. Fans were still signing and chanting post-game when the players and Gasperini went to thank them for traveling and supporting them despite the result.
Yeah a bugger they lost, but to be fair to Lazio, they know how to win these types of games

Allegri finally gone :)
He had a good run but his coaching philosophies didn’t match our list make up and he wasn’t willing to change so it’s time to move on.

Shame Atalanta couldn't be rewarded with a trophy given how entertaining they've been all season, but good on Lazio - they've lost several Coppa Italia finals over the last few years so they were due to win it sooner or later!!

Pleasing form to end the season by Napoli, absolutely crushed Inter this morning. Zielinski scored a cracker!

Massive final day coming up, with European and relegation places still to be decided. Cant believe Genoa are 18th now :oops: also, i don't think they will drop but its staggering Fiorentina are only 3 pts above relegation zone heading into the final round. Got way too much talent to be in this position.

Shame Atalanta couldn't be rewarded with a trophy given how entertaining they've been all season, but good on Lazio - they've lost several Coppa Italia finals over the last few years so they were due to win it sooner or later!!

Pleasing form to end the season by Napoli, absolutely crushed Inter this morning. Zielinski scored a cracker!

Massive final day coming up, with European and relegation places still to be decided. Cant believe Genoa are 18th now :oops: also, i don't think they will drop but its staggering Fiorentina are only 3 pts above relegation zone heading into the final round. Got way too much talent to be in this position.
Lazio have won 2 or 3 over the last 10 or so years haven't they?

Beaten Roma and Atalanta, pretty sure they won another somewhere around 2008-10

It's like Chelsea in FA Cup/League Cup with them, they get there often, normally go at 50% or better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like Chelsea in FA Cup/League Cup with them, they get there often, normally go at 50% or better

Good call, had to look it up - they did indeed win it in 2009 and 2013. For some reason, i actually thought they lost that final to Roma in 2013 :huh:

Their losses in the 2015 and 2017 finals clearly stuck out to me more then :tearsofjoy:

Good call, had to look it up - they did indeed win it in 2009 and 2013. For some reason, i actually thought they lost that final to Roma in 2013 :huh:

Their losses in the 2015 and 2017 finals clearly stuck out to me more then :tearsofjoy:
I watched 2013, SBS had it on

Can vividly remember all the cameras were focused on Totti after the whistle, hands on his hips wondering what happened

Apologies, I’d hoped we would delay the party a little longer, but la Viola has been crap for most of the season.

The second half of the season was relegation form.

Montella has been even worse than Pioli was.

The last game against Genoa was a blight upon the game's standing.

I've heard stories that the Della Valle brothers are selling to the owner of the NY Cosmos. I've heard mixed things about that guy so I'm not sure how that will go, but at this point I'm thinking that it's worth finding out.

Thrilling final day!

Well done to Atalanta for finishing 3rd - first time in their 100+ year history they've made the CL! Reward for playing such a fearless, attacking style - finished league top scorers too.

Inter vs Empoli was unbelievable. Empoli so unlucky to get relegated in the end.

Quagliarella top scorer with 26, he did score 9 pens though.

Juve/Napoli/Atalanta/Inter in the CL; Milan, Roma and Lazio make EL.

We beat Roma, Sampdoria and Atalanta. Lost twice to Juve.

We have made 5 of the past 11 finals, won 3 of them. We have won 6 of the past 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched 2013, SBS had it on

Can vividly remember all the cameras were focused on Totti after the whistle, hands on his hips wondering what happened

It was beautiful as a laziale. The ego he had, and to lose the single most important game between the two sides in their whole history.

We beat Roma, Sampdoria and Atalanta. Lost twice to Juve.

We have made 5 of the past 11 finals, won 3 of them. We have won 6 of the past 22.

Pretty solid in that regard

Europa League spot too for your troubles

Pretty sure Torino missed out on that this year with you guys winning the Coppa, they were a solid side, like Atalanta and Sassuolo from years past

Pretty solid in that regard

Europa League spot too for your troubles

Pretty sure Torino missed out on that this year with you guys winning the Coppa, they were a solid side, like Atalanta and Sassuolo from years past
I'm interested in your views on Napoli moving forward.
Do you think you guys are capable of winning the scudetto?

My own view is that your first XI is as good as Juve's but your depth is not strong enough to cover injuries. Whatever the gap is from Juve to Napoli, the gap from Napoli to Inter / Atalanta / Roma / Milan is greater imo.

I'm interested in your views on Napoli moving forward.
Do you think you guys are capable of winning the scudetto?
No, Ancelotti won't have the squad, he should just focus on winning cup competitions/Europe and qualifying for CL

The last year we had Higuain was the year to break Juves dominance, but then we sold Higuain and Roma solid Pjanic = Juve wins...

My own view is that your first XI is as good as Juve's but your depth is not strong enough to cover injuries. Whatever the gap is from Juve to Napoli, the gap from Napoli to Inter / Atalanta / Roma / Milan is greater imo.
Correct, we don't have the depth

Inter and Conte will break Juve's spell imo. Conte is a winner.

No, Ancelotti won't have the squad, he should just focus on winning cup competitions/Europe and qualifying for CL

The last year we had Higuain was the year to break Juves dominance, but then we sold Higuain and Roma solid Pjanic = Juve wins...

Correct, we don't have the depth

Inter and Conte will break Juve's spell imo. Conte is a winner.

Yeah I’m pretty worried about Conte’s Inter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back