Votes: 227 79.4%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 48 16.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you for the kind words.
Dad is a Tigers man, tonight's win did put a smile on his face.
Will try and get my Dad to a Richmond match, but he refuses to go after a couple of smashing by Hawthorn and Jason Dunstall in the early 90s, said he would never go again.
Going through the same thing with the old man too mate, like everyone else says all the best and the tiger family are always there for a chat.

With Stack looking as composed as a 200 game David Wirrpunda down back, might be time to use Short delivering bullets inside 50 when he returns.

Only change I would make is Martin in for Graham. He’s looking slower than me getting ready for work on a Monday morning.
Yer I like SS off HB more than Short. Short is great offensively but Stack is much better defensively. I’d like Short off the wing or HFF

Yeah I completely forgot about Vlastuin for some strange reason
It's all good.
But i must admit his season thus far has been atad underwhelming.
Along with Astbury who without Rance looks like he's gone back into his shell a bit.Nervous Nelly with ball in hand.

Have to say that this game was like a glimpse into the future but right now.

Very proud of the team on being able to defy the media's gloom and doom. Our young kids and second tiers are really standing up

It's all good.
Along with Astbury who without Rance looks like he's gone back into his shell a bit.Nervous Nelly with ball in hand.
I agree. That’s OK, he can now ride the tail of Grimes!

I think Bolta has to be dropped unfortunately did nothing last week struggled again today.
Could try Chol or Moore in Bolta's position.

In Martin, Houli. Chol.
Out Bolta, Graham, Castagna.
Chol? You taking the piss?
Balta was responsible for turning the momentum in the first quarter right when it looked like Port were a chance to put us to the sword, and also provided good back up for Nank.

Having had some time to think about changes for next week I've gone with the following:

Out: Graham Menadue
In: Dusty Houli

B: Grimes Astbury Vlastuin
HB: Houli Edwards Stack
C: Ellis Ross McIntosh
HF: Rioli Caddy Bolton
F: Castagna Lynch Balta
R: Nankervis Martin Prestia
INT: Lambert Higgins Broad Baker

It's all good.

Yep slow start but thought last night was the best he’s looked this season. Hopefully settled now

Stack and Grimes repelling Port’s attack in the last quarter yesterday was something to behold. Grimes especially.

Gray copped an absolute bath from Grimes and you don’t see that happening to Gray ever. Grimes, Top 5 defenders in the league. Not even kidding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stack and Grimes repelling Port’s attack in the last quarter yesterday was something to behold. Grimes especially.

Gray copped an absolute bath from Grimes and you don’t see that happening to Gray ever. Grimes, Top 5 defenders in the league. Not even kidding.
Grimes is a super star. Criminally underrated by oppos. Hardly ever beaten.

Will need a new toaster after this!
Special Toast to TigerTime_89 and his dad, best wishes to you both and your family.

Toast: Dimma and his coaching group, this win was cooked up during the week and executed on the field. Dimma's move to the bench and the positivity and calm he exuded was exemplary.
Toast: Shane Edwards, great leadership and great football! Love this bloke.
Toast: Dylan Grimes, WOW! BOG for his last quarter alone *THAT KICK not withstanding**, out Ranced Rance.
Toast: Brandon Ellis, good on you Brando, I asked you to play a blinder and you did. Keep it up and you'll be a two time Richmond premiership player.
Toast: Tom Lunch, still not at 100% and six match winning goals... looked like a real Tiger!
Toast: Jack Ross, we have a draft steal in this boy who looks and plays like a man.
Toast: Shai Bolton, he has impact, that goal assist to Brando was Eddie Betts at his absolute best. Will be a long term player, albeit with some ups and downs.
Toast: Liam Baker, smart footballer who is very, very clean with the ball.
Toast: Sydney Stack, such confidence and poise, makes a blue and then just goes again. Tough as!
Toast: Dion Prestia & Kane Lambert, the senior workhorses yesterday, vital.
Toast: Toby Nankervis, held his own against two decent ruckmen and was an extra midfielder yet again.
Toast: Josh Caddy, real presence and genuine hardness. Dustin Martin will love Josh being back in the team.
Toast: Nick Vlaustin, Dave Astbury, Nathan Broad and Kamdyn McIntosh, while Dylan was the star these guys all did something selfless and contributed to us holding Port at bay.
Toast: Daniel Rioli and Noah Balta, not everyone can star and although they didn't get a heap, what they did do was important. Noah's intercept that set up a goal is underrated, brilliant play and Daniel is always creative.
Toast: Connor Menadue, not outstanding but didn't look out of place and did some nice things. Will make way but will be stiff.
Toast with a bit of Roast: George Castagna, played like he knew his spot was in danger and tried almost too hard, however, never shirked the issue and tackled hard.
Toast with a bit of Roast: Jack Graham, see George.
Toast with a bit of Roast: Jack Higgins, not quite having the impact I expected but still has 17 and four tackles. No concern long term.
Toast: The travelling Tigers, seemed to be heaps over there and made a heap of noise.
Toast: The umpires, not because they were any good, shocking calls made against both teams but because they were FAIR. That's all we ask, we don't need to be gifted wins like the Pies and Dogs, just be FAIR!
Toast: The Richmond Football Club, I love being a Tiger even when we are s**t... we are a long, long way from being s**t these days.

Roast: Was driving my wife's car and it broke down on the Greensborough by-pass and had to be towed home! Missed the first half, thankfully had taped it and watched it last night.

Graham led stoppage clearances, I would be loathe to omit.
Make 1 change.
Martin for Menadue.
Have Houli cherry ripe for Dees.
Won’t be dropped. Continually gets held to stupid standards which was always going to happen.
I know George offers forward pressure but he’s actually now probably the worst player in the league skill wise. He used to counter it with some good touches but he’s just a momentum killer and is just going to cost us games.
Go back and work on his composure, decision making and football skills.

Won’t be dropped. Continually gets held to stupid standards which was always going to happen.
I know George offers forward pressure but he’s actually now probably the worst player in the league skill wise. He used to counter it with some good touches but he’s just a momentum killer and is just going to cost us games.
Go back and work on his composure, decision making and football skills.

did george kill momentum last night?

he started a lot of the great small pressure and from memory was good in the fast counter attacking hand ball chains

We’ve had some good wins over the Swans.

Last one in 14 to seal the deal.
Collins knocked out.
Lloyd after the siren.
And coming from 30 points down at the SCG

I think today shades all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 round 23. 9 in a row to make finals

Yer I like SS off HB more than Short. Short is great offensively but Stack is much better defensively. I’d like Short off the wing or HFF
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm starting to think maybe Short isnt in our best 22. Yes his long kick are good but defensively he often gets beaten.With Edwards now playing off the HB and Houli porobably back next week I can't see where Short fits in.

If we play him HFF, that means he is bumping out Rioli of Higgins. On one wing we usually play an extra midfielder like Graham or Prestia, and on the the other we play KMac. Also looks like Ellis will move up to the wing. And Ross looks like he is part of the midfield rotations for the forseeable future.

Where will Shorty play?

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm starting to think maybe Short isnt in our best 22. Yes his long kick are good but defensively he often gets beaten.With Edwards now playing off the HB and Houli porobably back next week I can't see where Short fits in.

If we play him HFF, that means he is bumping out Rioli of Higgins. On one wing we usually play an extra midfielder like Graham or Prestia, and on the the other we play KMac.

people are finally starting to work it out

Back