Preview Good Friday football - Port Adelaide v West Coast Eagles @ Optus Stadium

Who will kick the goal after the siren to win the match?

• Luke Shuey

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Jeremy McGovern

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Dom Sheed

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Jack Watts on crutches, celebrates by snorting a line of wiesn pulver in the goal square

Votes: 42 59.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The eagles would have to have a real off night for us to get close. Which is possible after a close derby win but I see it unlikely. Eagles by about 6 goals

1555192870237.png

I feel that this week we are going straight to Acceptance.
No point going through Denial - its going to happen
No point going through Anger
Absolutely no point getting depressed about it.
Yep - straight to Acceptance - I have absolutely no hope about this game, therefore I can't be disappointed.

Sick of bombing it to midget forward lines.
Sick of seeing players run through our defence like Winx on steroids.
Sick of trying to comprehend that this shitshow is the same club I followed as a kid.
Sick of thinking about how the legacy of this club is going to be laughed at in our 150th year, under this s**t coach.
Sick of my club not making the hard decisions.

Go to acceptance, go directly to acceptance, do not pass hope, just pay your $200.

Last edited:
Our team is psychologically ****ed. Fagan knew it, Hardwick knew it. We will only beat teams well below us in the skills and development (not many). Eagles will smash us in the contest and in the air and we’ll fold because someone has to lose and our team doesn’t go for the jugular.

I heard West Coast officials are building 22 crosses to erect around the ground after we get brutally murdered on Friday.

West Coast by 93 points

For those making the trip, here’s the info for the pre-function.

I really thought we’d be 4-0 going into this match. Now I don’t know what to believe anymore. Sigh.

The Carlisle Hotel
174 Rutland Ave, Carlisle WA 6101
(08) 9361 1544

https://www.facebook.com/TheCarlisleHotel/

The Carlisle has been granted a special licence to open on Good Friday and people can purchase alcohol without need to purchase a meal.

Meals will be available for purchase and the WA Supporter Group will be putting on some Finger food,

The Hotel is 100 metres from Carlisle Train Station that is on same train line as Perth Stadium and only a five minute ride.

There will be raffles (Signed jumper, banner passes) including free kids raffle (every kid gets a prize), as well as a framed guernsey auction (all profits to the WA group).

Times
Function : 1pm to 3.45pm
Catch train : 4.13pm
Arrive Stadium : 4.18pm
Guard of Honour: 5.00pm
Bouncedown : 6.10pm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like I've been getting smashed on this forum lately for being negative, but for me it wasn't negativity, it was realism and acceptance of where we were. I passed the depression phase late last year, and have spent the preseason mid way through acceptance. I'm now at peak acceptance. Yesterday didn't even hurt, I knew it'd happen from mid 2nd qtr. We're s**t and its obvious.

Can't believe how deluded certain posters have been when talking about us as a flag chance ffs. I'm really not looking forward to the next few months on this board as our people start to exit the denial phase.

It won't work but given how we are playing I think our best chance would be to "park the bus" full 2018 style.

Howard, Clurey, Jonas, Westhoff back.

Ryder, Wines & Ebert down the line as overhead marking targets.

Try rope-a-dope McGovern & co by drawing them to the centre and hope their legs get tired from kicking so many balls inside 50.

Then hit them on the counter with Butters, Duursma and Rozee.

Repeat. Win 1-0

Back