Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Racial and Religious Tolerance Act 2001 (Victoria)

"A person must not, on the ground of the religious belief or activity of another person or class of persons, engage in conduct that incites hatred against, serious contempt for, or revulsion or severe ridicule of, that other person or class of persons"

Once again- I'm flattered you think my conduct has incited hatred, serious contempt, serious ridicule etc. but the reality is the only person who appears to be offended is you.

Stop being a snowflake.

Oh and to be clear- I don't think what either Falou or I said was hate speech.

You think I'm offended? Stop being a condescending twat. This has been a mildly engaging conversation on my behalf until you got uptight.

By your own provided definition though, describing someone's beliefs as "fundamentalist god-bothering bullshit" can surely be filed under contempt. Anyway, whatever, jog on.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Why is he putting it up on social media aside from confronting people? Social media is a public forum, and he's uploaded it to spout this nonsense. He's free to believe what he wants, and he's free to say it. Nobody is dragging him off to prison for it. But Rugby Australia is well within its rights to tell him his time is up.

Tulip no one is arguing what he said isn't stupid nor by extension he isn't stupid.

BUT he didn't attack anyone, he posted some things that are true in his religion. It wasn't an opinion, all of those are sins in his religion.

Yet if Bernard Tomic posted a photo of a Muslim with her face covered and said those people are scum for how they treat women he would get in trouble.

So on one hand religious beliefs are protected, on the other hand they aren't because they clash with political views.

This still going, sheesh!

Anyway, game of thrones tomorrow.

Now there will some hate speech from those who’ve turned on the show. I dare not bring up Star Wars.

Shudders.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
This still going, sheesh!

Anyway, game of thrones tomorrow.

Now there will some hate speech from those who’ve turned on the show. I dare not bring up Star Wars.

Shudders.
Never seen a second of it and it shits me that fox footy are paying it as much attention as the footy. Come at me

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Never seen a second of it and it shits me that fox footy are paying it as much attention as the footy. Come at me
I’ve never seen a second of it either. And now I never will because I’m so over the fuss and the incessant advertising.

Isn't it the biggest show going? Why does it need cross promotion? Is some campaigner who doesn't really like footy gonna tune in for the pregame now?
Pretty sure that's Married at First Sight.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pretty sure that's Married at First Sight.

Or the Block, or My Kitchen Rules, or Gogglebox, or the Bachelor/Bachelorette, etc etc. Hard to fathom that people actually watch that sort of thing.

I've not seen game of thrones either, the fact that people hype it completely turned me away from the possibility of ever watching it

Or the Block, or My Kitchen Rules, or Gogglebox, or the Bachelor/Bachelorette, etc etc. Hard to fathom that people actually watch that sort of thing.

MAFS is a juggernaut, the highest rated show in Australia ever. Those other shows don't even get close, it's crazy.

Hilariously, before it wrapped up it was followed by The Footy Show which has suffered its lowest ratings ever. They were having something like a 1.5m drop off between the timeslots.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
MAFS is a juggernaut, the highest rated show in Australia ever. Those other shows don't even get close, it's crazy.

Hilariously, before it wrapped up it was followed by The Footy Show which has suffered its lowest ratings ever. They were having something like a 1.5m drop off between the timeslots.

So a show about people making terrible life choices is the highest rated show in Australia? I guess I can see a bit of appeal in that, but that's pretty damn sad. I pretty much only turn the TV on to watch sport or a bit of Rage.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
So a show about people making terrible life choices is the highest rated show in Australia? I guess I can see a bit of appeal in that, but that's pretty damn sad. I pretty much only turn the TV on to watch sport or a bit of Rage.

No it sums up modern Australia perfectly. Watching a bunch of people do nothing to become famous.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I know for a fact that three chowderheads I work with watch those things because they routinely use up about 1 hour of taxpayer funded productive time to swap notes each day plus bore everyone within earshot to tears. I wish they could take up smoking or bigfooty posting and waste time and money in the traditional manner.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
While I’m here, have any of you ever boned out a chicken before?

Also have you stuffed said chicken and sewn it back together? What I’m trying to suss out is exactly how furious and fed up I’m likely to get this afternoon.

Also have you stuffed said chicken and sewn it back together? What I’m trying to suss out is exactly how furious and fed up I’m likely to get this afternoon.
Tried to bone some chicken cutlets once. Suffice to say unless you have incredibly sharp knife I wouldn't bother.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Tried to bone some chicken cutlets once. Suffice to say unless you have incredibly sharp knife I wouldn't bother.
I suspect that’s true. I bought a new boning knife special like and managed the job okay after watching 15 YouTube clips. Took 2 quarters of Carlton v SUNS (Lol Carlton) and Christ only knows how people do this in 10 minutes.

Foxtel whoring itself our like one of little fingers girls. This is just a shameless attempt to get subscribers. I doubt the commentators really want to be forced do this. However if asked those who watch the show would likely embrace it.
I’ve never seen a second of it either. And now I never will because I’m so over the fuss and the incessant advertising.
Lady Crimson is the lettered one, she had read the books and recommended that I , as a mouth breather would the show. As, if it represented the books in earnest, I would be well pleased.

The show has had its moments but good mostly. Baking bad was the last show I liked so much.

Camping, drinking, so whatever. :drunk:

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne

Best thing i know bout chicken and boning is you twist 1 bone and pull it out the wing then pop the rest in ya mouth and pull it out clean as a butterbean left hook.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
I have 3/4 of a bottle of green label left in the cupboard. I drank everything else around it. Same deal, mediocre drop.

Yeah all the Johnny Walker stuff is really s**t I’ve never understood the brands attraction when the product is crap, but maybe it’s just the first whiskey many of us couldn’t afford

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Proper Gander I ran into Maxxy Gawns Old man at work. He was down for the Races at Phillip Island.
what a man, we sat there talking dees for 10 mins. He asked me who i would take out of our defence for Lewis and May.
I hop you told him that you would actually drop Max in favour of Lewis as main ruck and that you would play May as a forward crumbing type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back