Autopsy Vs Crows - Rd 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Let me repeat one more time!!!!!!!!!!!

1st half: 1.14 Kick to handball ratio

2nd half: 2.15 kick to handball ratio

It only took 14 quarters of football until the bloke coaching the side figured out what to do!!!!

Really professional win imo. Once North got a decent lead they milked the clock and denied Adelaide a chance to get back into the game. I don’t think North have done that much, if ever under Scott.
It was great seeing us chipping around the backline running the clock down. I hate it when teams do that to us

This was the response that was required in round 2.

I enjoyed winning and I'm hoarse from yelling for the first time this year.

We won basically every stat. We could have really put them away.

Missing very gettable goals and winning will not be sustainable.

When we were 1/9 I thought that was it - we were done for the night. Even tho we were playing better football everywhere but our scoring shots.

that victory yesterday was simply forged out of brutal hard work mainly on the inside (zurhar, jed, cunners etc) i really don't know if we will be able to apply that pressure/strength against some of the faster sides once they get clear of the congestion. and we will definitely have to clean up our disposal, thing is i dont think that can be fixed in the short term. yesterday it was the generally more cleaner players like hall and higgo that were pretty messy.

JZ and Turner ( cant question their endeavor) really have to put some extra hours into their set shots, thay are missing sodas 35 out on a 20 degree angle while betts was putting then through 3 rows into the crowd. cant just keep throwing scoring opportunities away time and time again. they are really letting themselves down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jenkins is 200cm and 108kg and hides out the back of every contest. Consisently loses most 50/50 physical contests. Sleeps with the light on.

That bloke is a ****en disgrace. He's lucky he doesn't play for us or I would be down at training throwing marshmallows at him.

Atley at 95% DE tonight

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This. Was huge.

Best North play of the year thus far imo. Shrugging off Sloane like that...:oops:
Atley was also very good. Don't know why people on here were criticising him, he is the least of our worries.

95.5% DE is amazing. 0 clangers.

That play in the 3rd where he just broke away... wow.
It was Judd-esque. Said it all along. He may never be the mid that we wanted but his core strength is excellent and he's very underrated 1v1. Everyone remembers when Betts tore him a new one, but the reality is Betts has done that to 99% of his opponents over the years (including Thompson on the odd occasion - despite Betts admitting that Thompson is his toughest opponent).

I still remember when he was one out in the goal square with Hartlett and he held him off with 1 hand and then took the mark with the other. That's a great show of strength in a legitimate 1v1 on a strong opponent. If Atley is allowed to stay at HB he could make it into the AA squad - the only thing that holds him back is his confidence. He needs to learn that from Jasper. When Jasper makes an error he doesn't care and he keeps trying. If Atley makes an error he tends to play too conservatively just in case.

Our mental state in front of goal is a major concern at the moment. There’s not one bloke I’m confident in from a set shot at the moment.

I was very happy with Wood’s overall game last night but when he lines up for goal I’m expecting a miss every time now. Jack isn’t much better. Brown is struggling.

These blokes are all excellent kicks and it is clearly a psychological hurdle. The win will do wonders but something needs to be done to sort this out because it could easily have cost us the game last night and has been happening for a while.

Thought Ahern looked off the pace, but his skills are a pretty good upgrade on Dom for me.
Wood tried his guts out. Launched harder at the ball and man.
I think in terms of balance having Jed back allows us to play a less defensive/more attacking mid (Ahern) over another defesively minded mid (Tyson)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back