Autopsy After R4 embarrassing loss, is 2019 already over?

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond fans couldn't understand why we were so negative about the pending result of todays game lol.
It's true!
Sorry to interrupt. But in the week leading up to the game, I was telling Port supporters that you'd go in dry and win by at least 10 goals. But every single one I spoke to insisted that this was a game you'd probably drop. Seemed so unlikely. How did you all know?

It's true!
Sorry to interrupt. But in the week leading up to the game, I was telling Port supporters that you'd go in dry and win by at least 10 goals. But every single one I spoke to insisted that this was a game you'd probably drop. Seemed so unlikely. How did you all know?

Because we've seen the script before over an over.

Hinkley wins about 1/15 close games.

It's true!

Look at who kicked our goals - small forwards and resting mids. You need at least 1 decent key forward (e.g. Tom Lynch) as an option.

They don't even have to be that good, we just don't have that so we need to overwhelmingly win the midfield to get enough score. We knew that going in, I personally hoped we'd be good enough in the mids to win but alas no.

It's true!
Because that's how we play under Hinkley.

Personally, I’ve had my concerns about this year from halfway through the first quarter of the Carlton game. We haven’t addressed any of our major weaknesses:

Skills? No
Forward craft? No
Ball movement? No
Resilience? No
Contested marking? No
The list goes on

I was just thinking, it’s like other teams figure us out real quick too, so we just go back in our shell and change direction, looks nice then we try to enter our forward 50.... back to bombing it in....

It's true!

Because the greater the pressure and expectation to win, the poorer we play. It's our club culture. We are chokers.

Next month of games

Eagles, 10 goal loss minimum
Roos 50/50 should win it though, but we'll do a ports.
Collingwood MCG Loss
Showdown 50/50 at best.

2-4 minimum, 2-6 if we lose the 50/50's.

Season was well and truly on the line last night, and we cooked it.

Should be 4-0, but as you said could be 2-6

Is it wrong that I want West Coast to roll us next week? I mean we're going to lose so let's make it good right. I want to see **** face Koch squirm.

Also, I've been trying to work out who is melting harder, the Port or Crow's board. It turns out that they are. There's some pretty good material going on over there. It's actually impressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it wrong that I want West Coast to roll us next week? I mean we're going to lose so let's make it good right. I want to see **** face Koch squirm.

Also, I've been trying to work out who is melting harder, the Port or Crow's board. It turns out that they are. There's some pretty good material going on over there. It's actually impressive.

There's been a collective amnesia about 2018 over there by both the club and the media and then 2019's going like 2018 so a schmozzle. It's probably a bit like us in 2005 where we were inexplicable s**t.

I picked us to finish 12th or 13th so really, I shouldn't be so annoyed at our results.

Because s**t performances are still s**t.

Ken was squirming hard by 3 QTR time this week. You can see it he literally is lost and he knows it. Treading water.

I picked us to finish 12th or 13th so really, I shouldn't be so annoyed at our results.

I'm not annoyed about the results, I'm annoyed about the way we're getting them. It's the exact same way we were getting the exact same results 4 years ago and we haven't learned a ******* thing. If Duursma had snagged that last goal and we'd held on to win I still would've gone home annoyed.

Season over? It certainly feels like it. I'm embarrassed!
Too early to get the Graham Bonnet video out, but a few more BS performances like that and I will.

If we lose to the saints, it might be time by then - the words align.

What would be a pass mark W/L at bye period for him. I said before the season it had to be a positive ratio what ever that is.

going to be very long 2nd half of the season I feel.

It would be a totally port thing to go and beat WC away now. Then lose the following week to North at home.

Richmond fans couldn't understand why we were so negative about the pending result of todays game lol.

I get why they’d think it was the greatest backs to the wall win, but realistically they could’ve replaced Ellis, Balta and Prestia with Mick Molloy, Rhett Bartlett and Jon Ralph and still taken the chocolates.

Carlton would’ve beaten us here in Round 2 if they weren’t, you know, Carlton.

I'm not annoyed about the results, I'm annoyed about the way we're getting them. It's the exact same way we were getting the exact same results 4 years ago and we haven't learned a ******* thing. If Duursma had snagged that last goal and we'd held on to win I still would've gone home annoyed.

I’m almost glad he missed just so that we couldn’t use the win as wallpaper like we did last year until Freo started ripping it off to wipe their arse with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back