AFL 2019 - AFL Round 3

Who Covers the Line This Week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Third straight week of 5-4 for consesnus taking us to 15-12 for the year.

Sadly people still can't get enough of GOAT pretenders Melbourne who were the pick of the week this week (POTW is 1-2 ATS).

Well I guess technically they were, right?

Theyve only paid me half calling it a deadheat with Geelong - which is crap. Brisbane were the last undefeated side. Argued with them this arvo and now waiting on them to come back to me. The way the bet was worded does not reflect what has happened

But literally no one would take that bet if it meant the team had to be sole leaders at the end of a round. Odds would have been way higher if that was the case.

Theyve only paid me half calling it a deadheat with Geelong - which is crap. Brisbane were the last undefeated side. Argued with them this arvo and now waiting on them to come back to me. The way the bet was worded does not reflect what has happened

But literally no one would take that bet if it meant the team had to be sole leaders at the end of a round. Odds would have been way higher if that was the case.

Don't think anyone would expect the bet to be determined on the in-round fixturing. Almost everyone would expect this to be paid out as an end of round result.

Don't think anyone would expect the bet to be determined on the in-round fixturing. Almost everyone would expect this to be paid out as an end of round result.

Logically this does make sense to anyone that punts regularly.

With that said, if there is ambiguity/doubt with the bet and the rules are not clear, who does it favour?

All books set clear rules about almost every bet, but its ones like this that are open to interpretation. When the Cats game ended, the Lions technically were the last team to be undefeated.

Cant imagine the stakes would be that high for the punter to be disappointed or for the book to give out bonus bets as a goodwill gesture.

Logically this does make sense to anyone that punts regularly.

With that said, if there is ambiguity/doubt with the bet and the rules are not clear, who does it favour?

All books set clear rules about almost every bet, but its ones like this that are open to interpretation. When the Cats game ended, the Lions technically were the last team to be undefeated.

Cant imagine the stakes would be that high for the punter to be disappointed or for the book to give out bonus bets as a goodwill gesture.

I'm sure there will be zero ambiguity if you read the terms and conditions.

Nah there isn't any ambiguity in 'Last undefeated team'. This was a bit of a custom one that they've bought in and they haven't worded it properly.

If it was supposed to be an end of round thing, the odds wouldn't have been a measly $4 because that was essentially a 6 game multi. No chance that's what they intended.

Back