I/C Michael Gibbons , Levi Casboult , Charlie Curnow , Lochie O'Brien

EMG Jack Silvagni , Cameron Polson , Liam Stocker , Matthew Kennedy

Broadcast Guide :-

FoxSports3 - Live from 2.30PM
Radio: GuesSEN, ABC
Foxtel Now
afl.com.au
AFL Live Pass

NO STREAM REQUESTS - Game is NOT televised live on FTA!

Board Posting rules apply!

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/carlton-board-rules-posting-quality-policy.313052/

:carlton: GO BLUES :carlton:

prisoner777

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2013
Bluesville Intergalactic Community
AFL Club
Carlton
While I have potentially optimistic hopes for the outcome of today's game (and I have picked the Blues in my footy tipping comp), just to stir the pot, I'll offer my concerns about the team.

Interesting situation as we prepare for today's game. The Blues now the only team without a win this season and teams not expected to do well are surprising with a level of skill and belief not expected. Bolts continues to spin his "sports corporate "rhetoric" and while we have a stronger team this year with the additions of Walsh, McGovern, Setterfield, et al.......we're still not showing real belief or the the willingness to play out four consistent quarters. We have been known for the honorable losses for a while now and yes the Lions have had longer in their rebuild......but IMO there still seems to be an issue with both the Blues' mindset and game plan (when "the going gets tough").

The Governator is playing? Nice.

Tall af but whatever, next week we'll fix it, lol.
No we only make one small change to a winning side; and go even taller
Gibbo for Kruezer :p

Beer n Skittles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Rampage
While I have potentially optimistic hopes for the outcome of today's game (and I have picked the Blues in my footy tipping comp), just to stir the pot, I'll offer my concerns about the team.

Interesting situation as we prepare for today's game. The Blues now the only team without a win this season and teams not expected to do well are surprising with a level of skill and belief not expected. Bolts continues to spin his "sports corporate "rhetoric" and while we have a stronger team this year with the additions of Walsh, McGovern, Setterfield, et al.......we're still not showing real belief or the the willingness to play out four consistent quarters. We have been known for the honorable losses for a while now and yes the Lions have had longer in their rebuild......but IMO there still seems to be an issue with both the Blues' mindset and game plan (when "the going gets tough").
What is sports corporate rhetoric? And why are there so many quotation marks around those words?

prisoner777

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2013
Bluesville Intergalactic Community
AFL Club
Carlton
What is sports corporate rhetoric? And why are there so many quotation marks around those words?
Each industry has its own set of rhetorical statements. The quotation marks were simply for emphasis - my apols if I overdid them but I do want to reinforce the point that there still appears to be issues around our progress.

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Will be a decent sized gatorade shower in the rooms if we get the chocolates :)

Contain Sexton and 2 metre Peter and I am confident we will win .

Calling it now, SPS will be best on ground with a dashing and dynamic performance. Only a matter of time before he shreds a team to ribbons and i think today is the day.

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
Risky team line up, we will see if it pays off in an hour or so.

If we get run off our feet while playing so many talls the selection committee will be on notice, GC with their losses last year is a team we should have gone past and if we can't beat them it's hard to see us winning any game this year.

Pressure to perform is well and truly on the boys this week, fingers crossed it all works and we come away with the chocolates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back