EPL Matchday 34

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi chef, Steven Gerrard retired 4 years ago and Demba Ba is current playing for an unpronounceable Turkish team, so I think it’s unlikely this exact scenario will happen again. Hope this is helpful. Cheers.
Soz.

You'll get the last laugh tonight.

Christian Eriksen and the wall?

Nice assist for the 3rd goals but i thought he was poor today.
LOL nah. Created more chances than anyone on the pitch. His direct free kicks have gone to s**t, but the first man from the corner and indirect FK thing is ridiculously misunderstood/overplayed. The margins of error are so small there, but when it's right, it's almost always either a goal or forcing the GK into a save, but it's a narrow window.

30 years to the day since the Hillsborough disaster, always a moving occasion at Anfield but I’d imagine particularly so this year.

Everyone’s referencing the infamous Chelsea game from 2014, for me the nostalgia around this day equally takes me back to the Man City game, and what a special atmosphere that was in the context of opportunities to both honour the memory of the 96, and to potentially break the league title drought. Fingers crossed we see a similarly inspired performance in the streets, in the stands and on the pitch today.

Having said that, while it’s tempting to draw comparisons with that season it’s clear Liverpool are a different side now both in personnel and mentality. We’re more composed and measured. Nothing about this season has seemed out of control or unplanned. Hopefully that trend continues over the next few weeks and we hold our mettle. The pressure is ramping up on both sides now.

Huddersfield were embarrassingly bad against us. Dropped their best players and played a 541 within their own half like they were protecting GD

Yep, that 13/14 title challenge sort of came out of nowhere. The big performers that season for us were all the same as the previous season when we finished 7th (Suarez Sturridge Sterling Gerrard Henderson).

This time around Klopp has gradually built the current side over 3 years and there was more of an expectation to at least challenge this season for the league. Completely different feel to last time round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back