Minor things that annoy you about the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that we have a Lloooydd I find myself calling out Lloooydd at the ground or at home. Kinda fun and a poor mans version of yelling out ‘the package’!!
Was going to post the same. It just seems to come naturally :D.
Strangely, you can’t do it with Boyd, must be the Llllllll.

I'll limit myself to these few -

Marks awarded from sub-15m kicks.
Umpires refusing to penalize two-handed throws.
Player throws ball. Commentator says something ridiculous about "quick hands".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Brown staging. Not just the fact he does it but his ridiculous over the top flailing whilst his mouth is wide open.

And the fact the umpires fall for it. That free kick he got in the ruck last night was one of the worst decisions I've seen.

Players blocking the man on the mark. I don’t like it, you see a mark or free paid and a player on the attacking team will almost come and stand behind the guy on the mark like a blind screen in basketball, so the player with the ball can run off and get the shepherd. If they give 50m for running too close to the mark then surely players on that team have to clear out too

The ball spilling out in a tackle or just plain dropped, the player doing the tackling is unaware and completes the tackle, gets called for holding the man. There should be common sense applied here and just call play on.

Also when there is potential holding, player will throw out his arm melodramatically hoping the umpire notices. Just play the game and stop appealing.

The ball spilling out in a tackle or just plain dropped, the player doing the tackling is unaware and completes the tackle, gets called for holding the man. There should be common sense applied here and just call play on.

Also when there is potential holding, player will throw out his arm melodramatically hoping the umpire notices. Just play the game and stop appealing.

Illegal disposal in general especially when being tackled.

Holding the ball is a horrible rule to officiate with so many interpretations.

If the ball is on the ground and you dive on it, gawn. You are better off waiting for someone else to pick it up so you can tackle them and hope the umpire thinks they dragged it in.

If you have the ball and take the game on by running away from a tackle or fending them off, you are more likely to be penalised than if you just stand there and are tackled straight away.

The new trend of players out with a long-term injury 'reminding' us how there's more important things out there, other people have it worse, it's not so bad!

Yeah, we the public ******* know. You ******* morons were the only ones who ever considered to compare a LTI to anything remotely real worldly.

We shouldn't be praising players for acknowledging that a knee injury isn't as bad as breast cancer, or poverty. It's obvious. It should be the default thought.

And we certainly don't need to be told to put things into perspective. * off. It's not the public that is. Footy is a good getaway from troubles, but it lasts for 3 hours on a weekend and then it's back to your menial office job, your mortgage, your high blood pressure, and your dying mother for the rest of the week. But hey, thank * the superstars reminded us that they don't have it all bad even with their knee injury. I was just about to enter the childrens ward at the hospital and tell them "chin up, at least you didn't do your ACL".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back