West Coast v Fremantle - The Darby Derby. AFL Round 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaff was clearly cheered to drown out the boos, seeing as it was our home game and all. It wasn't a celebration of his life, it was just a drowning out of the poor souls who for whatever reason support Fremantle and paid money to watch them lose.
oh, that explains it. I suppose Eagles fans booed Adam Goodes to drown out the cheers as well. And here I was this whole time thinking Eagles fans were just being idiots, but they were really all part of a well planned equalisation system. Well done Eagles fans. Must remember to cheer Barry Hall next time I see him.

oh, that explains it. I suppose Eagles fans booed Adam Goodes to drown out the cheers as well. And here I was this whole time thinking Eagles fans were just being idiots, but they were really all part of a well planned equalisation system. Well done Eagles fans. Must remember to cheer Barry Hall next time I see him.
Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story champ

No - Goodes was booed for being a DH and for being a dirty player in the twilight of his career - that is all!

It was interesting how no one took his bait though, when he started with the "well boys, why couldn't he miss like that before today" line.

The awkward silence that followed this line were one of my favourite parts of an otherwise dreadful game.

But however much the Perth media and indeed Ed himself want to build McGuire up as a sort of WWE villain who west coast fans should love to hate I just don't get it. Post grand final he said all the right things and publically at least was a good sport after what would have been a devastating loss.

He's not a very good commentator but he's no orphan in that regard when you look at the current ch7/fox lineup- at least he made some effort on Saturday night to make sure he knew all the players which immediately puts him in the top echelon of knuckledraggers who currently occupy the commentary box. Couldn't care less if he commentates west coast games.

Last edited:
Bit poor and cowardly of Pavlich to use his missus for another ignorant barb at WC..

Gaff was playing his 1st home game after rejecting a monster offer from North and staying loyal to WC...the cheering was for this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back