Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
6TASAzB.jpg

I remember when he was appointed I thought "this guy doesn't seem like he's got much between the ears. I guess that's why he got overlooked for so many jobs. He's not good at interviewing. Still, ringing endorsements from players he has coached so..."

Yeah.

It is the EXACT excuse that will be used. It is the justification of his extra 3 year deal. Like I said in the game thread, this guy could not set up the harlem globetrotters to win a game because he would probably select the Washington Generals players first.

Ken as a basketball coach would be great. I look forward to finding out how Matthew Dellavedova would go as a Center.

Well, Ken's approval rate at the end of 2018 (According to a poll on AFL.com) was about 50%
But this thread makes it look like it's below 5%
Even Richardson looks more popular right now
Poor Ken is getting killed right now

Well, Ken's approval rate at the end of 2018 (According to a poll on AFL.com) was about 50%

Yeah, poor Ken.

Nothing more than a s**t-for-brains moron with NFI on how to coach a football club. I thought he was going to relinquish some of his coaching duties to our assistant coaches? That lasted what, 2 weeks before he regained full control. Just * off already and stop ruining our football club even more than you already have.

Get the feeling with KH it's similar to the work place, where the boss can't separate from the workers but then leads to him not being the boss either, so that could by why players love him. He cuts them so much slack like Wines doing his thing when the players are back for a preseason, Dixon drag racing his project car while in rehab. All these little things left unchecked promote undisciplined behavior on and off field. Instead of being the boss the players want to play for, he has become the players mate.

Get the feeling with KH it's similar to the work place, where the boss can't separate from the workers but then leads to him not being the boss either, so that could by why players love him. He cuts them so much slack like Wines doing his thing when the players are back for a preseason, Dixon drag racing his project car while in rehab. All these little things left unchecked promote undisciplined behavior on and off field. Instead of being the boss the players want to play for, he has become the players mate.
How undisciplined Wingard and Polec must've been.

Poor Ken?! * that, poor us. We the members and supporters are the Port Adelaide Football Club, and are the ones who are suffering. Not Ken ******* Hinkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor Ken * off, he has destroyed players careers and the souls of millions of people who love this club

His career is #1 not port.
I think the last thing a coach would want is to spoil his reputation by purposely neglecting the club. If he's as dumb as people say he is then he certainly isn't smart enough to exploit the board into giving him a multi-million dollar contract. Nobody and i mean nobody would go through so much trouble just to destroy the club.

I don't think any coach in the history of football would purposely sabotage their own club.

Who's accusing him of 'purposely' sabotaging the club?

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I think the last thing a coach would want is to spoil his reputation by purposely neglecting the club. If he's as dumb as people say he is then he certainly isn't smart enough to exploit the board into giving him a multi-million dollar contract. Nobody and i mean nobody would go through so much trouble just to destroy the club.
Good logic aww.

I kind of wonder if it would ever be possible to rearrange the coaching positions and place Ken in a lower position, would that terminate his contract?

He'd need to agree with it, even moving his "up" to director of coaching would be hard enough and need him to agree with it.
Well if the backlash gets worse then it might actually be possible for the positions to be rearranged in order to preserve support and finances, we don't have to terminate the contract and he can continue to work with the club, IMO this would be the best possible outcome.
Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back